Priceline Express Deals

I'm new to stalking Priceline/Hotwire, so hopefully some of the vets can answer this.

I unfortunately waited too long to decide on my dates, and after scrapping two September options, have (probably) settled on after Veteran's Day in November. Unfortunately, there's nothing available onsite in a standard value. I currently have one night booked at AS Sports at the start of the trip through WDW, but can't find availability for the rest anywhere - not through WDW, Priceline, Hotwire, or UT. I consulted a TA who could get a preferred AS Music room or AoA LM room, but those were both more than I want to spend.

It looks like there are still moderates available as well as the pricier value rooms (AS Music suites, AoA). What are the chances those might drop to value pricing on Priceline closer to my dates?

Alternately, any tips on catching a value rooms that might drop from someone's cancelled plans?

Yikes.... just now booked a flight for next Thursday.....now I need to arrange EVERYTHING else. The B Resort is on Hotwire at a pretty good price so most likely that's what I will go with. My DD has been wanting to try it so she's happy at that possibility. I'm going to go and lurk around both HW and PL now but unless I find a WDW resort I'll probably wait until tomorrow to book something when I'm more alert....it's been a long day.

Alternately, any tips on catching a value rooms that might drop from someone's cancelled plans?
Keep checking as inventory changes daily and even multple times of the day but November does look pretty busy. Final payment for packages are due 30 days before arrival so that is a good change to look as guests often cancel at this time since it is the last chance for guests to cancel without a fee.

Also look as starting your vacation on a Sunday vs mid week. Additionally search for you entire length of stay even though you already have 1 day booked.

Dave

The deals on PL and HW have slimmed down for my dates. Hoping something spectacular still shows up, but glad I have an AP discount room booked.
I’m looking for end of September/beginning of October, and my rates on PL have fluctuated a ton. I’m hoping that once I get under 30 days that they will be good. Fingers crossed for us both!

Last edited:

I’m looking for end of September/beginning of November, and my rates on PL have fluctuated a ton. I’m hoping that once I get under 30 days that they will be good. Fingers crossed for us both!
My countdown is at 22 days, and my daily checking hasn't turned up much. About to do another pass through, and again this evening. Fingers crossed for us both, definitely! :)

Keep checking as inventory changes daily and even multple times of the day but November does look pretty busy. Final payment for packages are due 30 days before arrival so that is a good change to look as guests often cancel at this time since it is the last chance for guests to cancel without a fee.

Also look as starting your vacation on a Sunday vs mid week. Additionally search for you entire length of stay even though you already have 1 day booked.

Dave

Thank you! I wish we could go with a standard "week," but we're starting our vacation midweek because that's when flights are cheaper. Also, I'm a nurse, so I can get a week off and only use a day of PTO if I cluster my work days at the beginning of week 1 and end of week 2.

I am so addicted to checking PLE deals :magnify:

For the past few years we have been going to DLR and I always find a great rate by booking super early - of course there are tons of choices right across the street from the parks. Since we are going to WDW in May we are skipping our usual DLR Halloween trip this year, but it has not stopped me from checking out the deals available. I am getting more confident about which hotel is which and really wish we were going this Fall! I found the Marriott Fairfield for $95 a night which is super cheap for them. Maybe next Fall - but I doubt it since I just booked a cruise for 2021.

So I am looking for October 7-9 on Priceline Express. I'm not seeing anything in Bonnet Creek. Is there something specific I should be searching for?

Hi! We are booked for September but had to add 2 nights to get cheaper flights. Does anyone see anything for September 22-24 at WDW that would sleep 5 people? Is there a way to check if it can sleep 5? I am not very familiar to Priceline, so any help would be greatly appreciated!:)

Movies. Possibly a confused CM, but we didn’t escalate the conversation. Our reservation has been showing as “PDJ Room Only” on MDE.

I checked in at Movies last night under the priceline deal and didn't have any issues getting the gift card for declining house keeping. I did have room issues, that took a while to resolve. My first room smelled like a sewer and it took way too long for them to move me. Also didn't get my luggage until 1:30am and I arrived at 8pm. All is well now, but it took 4 trips to the front desk to resolve everything including getting to the new room and the magic bands didn't work!

I checked in at Movies last night under the priceline deal and didn't have any issues getting the gift card for declining house keeping. I did have room issues, that took a while to resolve. My first room smelled like a sewer and it took way too long for them to move me. Also didn't get my luggage until 1:30am and I arrived at 8pm. All is well now, but it took 4 trips to the front desk to resolve everything including getting to the new room and the magic bands didn't work!
I had a magicband issue when we were staying at OKW in May. Now we were booked through our DVC points, but for whatever reason my magicbands I brought would not let me enter the room, and my app on my phone would not unlock the door either. I had to go to the front desk twice, they had to deactivate my bands and reactivate them so I could get into the room. It was very frustrating. Probably not the same issue you were having but it was still a pain.

Well, I never did find anything I loved as much as my friend's couch for the weekend, so now I'm looking ahead at my Food & Wine dates (October 29-Nov 1, Tuesday-Friday). Fingers crossed! I actually do want Swolphin for this one because of the proximity to EPCOT. So far I see 2 All Stars on HW...off to check PL.

So I have a question. I'm looking at a HW Hot Rate Deal for what I'm thinking is the Dolphin. 4 stars, 4.3 rating on TA, $34 Resort Fee, 2,000 plus reviews, Bonnet Creek, but they give you a sample picture of a corner of the bed and lamp and it doesn't match anything I see online for the Dolphin (or Swan). Last night when I was looking at what I think was the same listing showed a definite match with a shower pic for the Dolphin. Should I be worried today that this picture doesn't appear to match anything at the Dolphin?

So I have a question. I'm looking at a HW Hot Rate Deal for what I'm thinking is the Dolphin. 4 stars, 4.3 rating on TA, $34 Resort Fee, 2,000 plus reviews, Bonnet Creek, but they give you a sample picture of a corner of the bed and lamp and it doesn't match anything I see online for the Dolphin (or Swan). Last night when I was looking at what I think was the same listing showed a definite match with a shower pic for the Dolphin. Should I be worried today that this picture doesn't appear to match anything at the Dolphin?
It’s the dolphin. The sample picture is just a generic picture. If you click on the reviews one of them will even say that it is the Dolphin. I would book it with total confidence :)

I'm new to stalking Priceline/Hotwire, so hopefully some of the vets can answer this.

I unfortunately waited too long to decide on my dates, and after scrapping two September options, have (probably) settled on after Veteran's Day in November. Unfortunately, there's nothing available onsite in a standard value. I currently have one night booked at AS Sports at the start of the trip through WDW, but can't find availability for the rest anywhere - not through WDW, Priceline, Hotwire, or UT. I consulted a TA who could get a preferred AS Music room or AoA LM room, but those were both more than I want to spend.

It looks like there are still moderates available as well as the pricier value rooms (AS Music suites, AoA). What are the chances those might drop to value pricing on Priceline closer to my dates?

Definitely keep checking, because you have plenty of time to find something good. That being said, I have far less success on Columbus & Veteran's Day weekends because those are federal holidays and a lot of people get them off, so the parks & resorts are busy and they don't need to discount the rooms to sell. Will you be there on Veteran's Day itself, or the weekdays after, or sometime else? If you're starting that weekend I would consider a split stay to get a deal on the non-holiday part of your trip. If it's just sometime in November after Veteran's Day definitely keep checking because it's still a little too far out for those dates on HW/PL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts