Priceline Express Deals

So I'm seeing Pop available on the regular Priceline deal, but does that not always mean it's available for an Express deal? I'm looking at 10/7-10/9.

Definitely keep checking, because you have plenty of time to find something good. That being said, I have far less success on Columbus & Veteran's Day weekends because those are federal holidays and a lot of people get them off, so the parks & resorts are busy and they don't need to discount the rooms to sell. Will you be there on Veteran's Day itself, or the weekdays after, or sometime else? If you're starting that weekend I would consider a split stay to get a deal on the non-holiday part of your trip. If it's just sometime in November after Veteran's Day definitely keep checking because it's still a little too far out for those dates on HW/PL.

My current plan is to fly down Wednesday 11/13. I figure that will clear the people who did a long weekend for Veteran's day, and I was able to get AS Sports that night at a discount from WDW (I think $101, which brought it to about $115 with taxes). I'll stay through the following Tuesday, which will hopefully have me out of there before people start pouring in for Thanksgiving.

I've got a refundable reservation at Best Western in DS for the rest of the trip, and I'm totally fine with staying there. I just would like at least a few more days onsite before we move because I think the theming and pool activities will be fun for my daughter. Since this trip will just be the two of us, I know she'll get bored at a pool if there's no one there to play with, and I'm pretty much guaranteed to have playmates for her at a Disney resort.

My current plan is to fly down Wednesday 11/13. I figure that will clear the people who did a long weekend for Veteran's day, and I was able to get AS Sports that night at a discount from WDW (I think $101, which brought it to about $115 with taxes). I'll stay through the following Tuesday, which will hopefully have me out of there before people start pouring in for Thanksgiving.

I've got a refundable reservation at Best Western in DS for the rest of the trip, and I'm totally fine with staying there. I just would like at least a few more days onsite before we move because I think the theming and pool activities will be fun for my daughter. Since this trip will just be the two of us, I know she'll get bored at a pool if there's no one there to play with, and I'm pretty much guaranteed to have playmates for her at a Disney resort.
I think those are great dates, and I think you should have a pretty good chance of getting a good deal for on-site using the express/hot rate hotels, especially if you focus on the weekdays!

So I'm seeing Pop available on the regular Priceline deal, but does that not always mean it's available for an Express deal? I'm looking at 10/7-10/9.

There are usually many more revealed rate hotels than opaque bookings. Disney hotels are fairly often available as revealed bookings, but are rarely available as opaque listings because they go so quickly (so grab one when you see it!). There are times I'll be looking at Priceline or Hotwire and there will be 10 or 15 hotels in Bonnet Creek, and only 3 or 4 opaque deals, and no Disney opaque deals.

On the flip side, if there's an opaque booking, that hotel is usually available to be booked directly. Priceline would much rather you book at the higher revealed rate than the more deeply discounted opaque rate, so they generally won't list all their rooms for a particular resort under the opaque category.

To figure out which resort is being offered, it can be useful to compare the opaque listings to the hotels available to be booked in the regular way. But just because you see something you want in a regular listing, that doesn't mean one of the opaque bookings necessarily corresponds to that hotel.

Definitely keep checking, because you have plenty of time to find something good. That being said, I have far less success on Columbus & Veteran's Day weekends because those are federal holidays and a lot of people get them off, so the parks & resorts are busy and they don't need to discount the rooms to sell. Will you be there on Veteran's Day itself, or the weekdays after, or sometime else? If you're starting that weekend I would consider a split stay to get a deal on the non-holiday part of your trip. If it's just sometime in November after Veteran's Day definitely keep checking because it's still a little too far out for those dates on HW/PL.

Hi! We are booked for September but had to add 2 nights to get cheaper flights. Does anyone see anything for September 22-24 at WDW that would sleep 5 people? Is there a way to check if it can sleep 5? I am not very familiar to Priceline, so any help would be greatly appreciated!:)

Unfortunately, Priceline will only guarantee 2 people. Since most rooms will sleep 4, it's usually safe to book for a party of that size, but never a guarantee. Booking for 5 is a much bigger gamble.

The only way I'd do it is if it were really clear that the opaque booking were for a suite. Sometimes AoA and AS Music will only have family suites available in the regular bookings, and the price of the opaque booking will be far enough above the other rooms that it's fairly safe to assume you're getting a suite. While there are moderates with rooms that can sleep 5, those resorts also have rooms that sleep only 4, and there's no way to tell the difference. The exception would be Cabins at FW, all of which could fit your family, but they are very rarely available.

Alternately, while it's technically not a WDW hotel, the Dolphin can accommodate 5 people in a regular room if you get a rollaway. Be careful you're booking the Dolphin, not the Swan, because the Swan's rooms are only for a max of 4 (Swan has queen beds; Dolphin has double beds so there's room for the rollaway).

With 5 people, the most affordable sure thing would probably be to go to a Disney Springs hotel. You can get a suite or choose a room that can accommodate a rollaway. The revealed rates are usually close enough to the opaque rates that it would pay to know what you're getting. If you go that route, you might want to look at other sites like Expedia, too. I checked Expedia for your dates, and there were suites at the Doubletree that accommodate up to 6 for $114, plus taxes and fees.

Unfortunately, Priceline will only guarantee 2 people. Since most rooms will sleep 4, it's usually safe to book for a party of that size, but never a guarantee. Booking for 5 is a much bigger gamble.

The only way I'd do it is if it were really clear that the opaque booking were for a suite. Sometimes AoA and AS Music will only have family suites available in the regular bookings, and the price of the opaque booking will be far enough above the other rooms that it's fairly safe to assume you're getting a suite. While there are moderates with rooms that can sleep 5, those resorts also have rooms that sleep only 4, and there's no way to tell the difference. The exception would be Cabins at FW, all of which could fit your family, but they are very rarely available.

Alternately, while it's technically not a WDW hotel, the Dolphin can accommodate 5 people in a regular room if you get a rollaway. Be careful you're booking the Dolphin, not the Swan, because the Swan's rooms are only for a max of 4 (Swan has queen beds; Dolphin has double beds so there's room for the rollaway).

With 5 people, the most affordable sure thing would probably be to go to a Disney Springs hotel. You can get a suite or choose a room that can accommodate a rollaway. The revealed rates are usually close enough to the opaque rates that it would pay to know what you're getting. If you go that route, you might want to look at other sites like Expedia, too. I checked Expedia for your dates, and there were suites at the Doubletree that accommodate up to 6 for $114, plus taxes and fees.
Thanks so much for checking! We aren't really interested in the Disney Springs area (but Doubletree does look nice). I have always wanted to try the Dolphin but my DH really wants the convenience of The Magical Express. Can you get the Magical Express from The Dolphin? We will probably have to book through WDW this time I guess, but might check Priceline next time when we drive. :)

Thanks so much for checking! We aren't really interested in the Disney Springs area (but Doubletree does look nice). I have always wanted to try the Dolphin but my DH really wants the convenience of The Magical Express. Can you get the Magical Express from The Dolphin? We will probably have to book through WDW this time I guess, but might check Priceline next time when we drive. :)
Neither the Swan nor the Dolphin participates in Magical Express. You have to find your own way to and from the airport.

Just booked it and it was in fact the Dolphin. Got it for $93 per night, pre fees.

Thanks again!
What were your dates? I am going September 28-October 4, right now PL has both the Swan and Dolphin as opaque bookings but the prices are not that great. 185 and 179, and that is before resort fees. Hoping for a better deal to come along.

Unfortunately, no. Only WDW hotels have DME. The Swolphin has the 60 FP and EMH benefits, but not DME, free magic bands, or dining plan. However, WDW resorts will transfer luggage with the Swolphin if you do a split stay. Last year we started at Pop, and when we checked out we left our bags with bell services. After a day at the parks, our bags were waiting for us when we checked into the Swan. Easy-peasy split stay, and the Uber back to the airport was only about $40.

The Dolphin has a car rental center there, so some people will rent a car for one day at MCO, do a grocery run on the way from the airport, return the car to the Dolphin, and be car-free for the rest of the stay. Just something to think about, if your husband can be persuaded.

What were your dates? I am going September 28-October 4, right now PL has both the Swan and Dolphin as opaque bookings but the prices are not that great. 185 and 179, and that is before resort fees. Hoping for a better deal to come along.

I'm doing two nights there and then two at the Contemporary. Sept 29th to Oct 1 at the Dolphin. It's still listed at $93 for the 28th but the 29th is now up to $143.

Unfortunately, no. Only WDW hotels have DME. The Swolphin has the 60 FP and EMH benefits, but not DME, free magic bands, or dining plan. However, WDW resorts will transfer luggage with the Swolphin if you do a split stay. Last year we started at Pop, and when we checked out we left our bags with bell services. After a day at the parks, our bags were waiting for us when we checked into the Swan. Easy-peasy split stay, and the Uber back to the airport was only about $40.

The Dolphin has a car rental center there, so some people will rent a car for one day at MCO, do a grocery run on the way from the airport, return the car to the Dolphin, and be car-free for the rest of the stay. Just something to think about, if your husband can be persuaded.
I tried but the kids are really excited about finally getting to take the Magical Express, LOL.:laughing: We are already doing a split stay so it is great to hear about how easy it is to leave our bags at bell services and let them transfer them for us. We have done split stays before but we always drive so we just transfer the luggage ourselves.

We're looking at going to WDW Nov 3rd-13th. I'm having trouble finding anything on property for these dates on Priceline. Am I missing something or is there just nothing?

We're looking at going to WDW Nov 3rd-13th. I'm having trouble finding anything on property for these dates on Priceline. Am I missing something or is there just nothing?
There’s nothing. I’m planning at arrive on 11/13, and it’s just too early. When Priceline has them, it seems like Disney hotels are showing up around 4 or maybe 6 weeks out. My dates have very little availability through WDW, too, so I’m not sure how much will be leftover to drop for me, but what comes probably won’t be until late September at the earliest. We’re both going to need patience... which is not always my strongest quality.

Lucky people. I'm looking for 9/4/19-9/9/19, 5 nights. I've booked Wilderness Lodge at a discount price of $325 a night. Really hoping I can find an opaque for a deluxe resort or prices keep dropping...I know it's a long shot but.... Ya never know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!