Priceline Express Deals

Hi,
2-year lurker here and and this is my first post :).. I registered tonight to give a big thank you to everyone who posted about ASMo - helped me get off the fence I'd been sitting on for two days looking at this Express Deal. Just got ASMo for 12/23-12/25 for $95 a night :).

Also wanted to share that Hotel Canary just started working again! I clicked it on a whim and 4 values showed up as probabilities.

Holiday and then leading into Food and Wine RunDisney weekend...I'd be shocked if you got any discounts, but still a bummer!
Yeah, sadly our trip lined up with the race weekend. Is Halloween a big holiday that people visit the parks on? I normally go on Columbus Day weekend & viewed that as the weekend to avoid, haha.

Yeah, sadly our trip lined up with the race weekend. Is Halloween a big holiday that people visit the parks on? I normally go on Columbus Day weekend & viewed that as the weekend to avoid, haha.

IN Magic Kingdom yeah Halloween can be nutty. There are four MNSSHP the week of Halloween (Sunday, Tuesday Thursday and Friday) and those tend to be the ones that sell out - especially the party that falls on Halloween proper. That also means four nights that MK will be closing at 6pm to non party guests.

IN Magic Kingdom yeah Halloween can be nutty. There are four MNSSHP the week of Halloween (Sunday, Tuesday Thursday and Friday) and those tend to be the ones that sell out - especially the party that falls on Halloween proper. That also means four nights that MK will be closing at 6pm to non party guests.
I mean I know the parties will be busy for sure, but I'm not going to those (Passholder & I'm not forking over $120 extra haha, I just go to MK during the day because crowds are lower on party days). But is it like a day that people specifically plan their Disney vacations around, like Christmas or Thanksgiving? I'll be pissed at myself if I passed over the dead weekdays after Columbus day for this week, and it's packed at Food & Wine Tuesday-Thursday. :/

I mean I know the parties will be busy for sure, but I'm not going to those (Passholder & I'm not forking over $120 extra haha, I just go to MK during the day because crowds are lower on party days). But is it like a day that people specifically plan their Disney vacations around, like Christmas or Thanksgiving? I'll be pissed at myself if I passed over the dead weekdays after Columbus day for this week, and it's packed at Food & Wine Tuesday-Thursday. :/

I can't speak universally, but I DEFINITELY know more than a handful of people who specifically plan their fall trips to Disney around Halloween week for the thrill of being there ON Halloween and getting to do Food & Wine fest the same week.

It's pretty busy because a lot of people try to do a trip to catch the last of the fall decor/halloween and the beginning of the christmas season/decor. Some people will even stay long enough to do the first christmas party. Combined with race weekend it's going to be busy.

I'm surprising a family member with a day trip and I'm considering tacking on one night if I can get a great hotel deal. I've been lurking and reading a bit but can someone direct to the most helpful information that's all compiled/updated? I really only want onsite deals because if it's offsite I'd rather just drive to our alternative hotel about an hour away. I am looking to check in Tuesday, November 5 and check out November 6.

So if it has a fitness center, it's NOT a Disney hotel, correct?

(Never used Priceline or Hotwire before, but intrigued by the posts here. My dates are Jan 7 - Jan 15th if anyone has any extra tips on how to tell!)

So if it has a fitness center, it's NOT a Disney hotel, correct?

(Never used Priceline or Hotwire before, but intrigued by the posts here. My dates are Jan 7 - Jan 15th if anyone has any extra tips on how to tell!)

Just searched your dates, and nothing available at this point. It's early yet.

You want Bonnet Creek for your neighborhood. On PL there are a few that appear in the Disney Springs listings (Port Orleans, and I think OKW), but on HW they're all in Bonnet Creek.

If it has a resort fee ("mandatory fee" that's not tax or a PL/HW fee), that's a sure sign it's NOT Disney.

On HW, look for airport shuttle. Only Disney resorts in Bonnet Creek have airport shuttle as an amenity.

On both sites, you can try to match the rating to the revealed hotel listings. On PL, the opaque ratings always round down. So if it says there are 400 reviews, look for a revealed booking that has 400-499 reviews with that rating, same with the numerical ratings (an 8+ will always be between 8.0 and 8.9 in the revealed listing). Sometimes HW's opaque listings will have the exact number of reviews, so you can match up that way to the revealed listings. Also, on HW look for the distance from search area. If it says 5.2 miles, there's usually a revealed booking that's the same distance.

I'm surprising a family member with a day trip and I'm considering tacking on one night if I can get a great hotel deal. I've been lurking and reading a bit but can someone direct to the most helpful information that's all compiled/updated? I really only want onsite deals because if it's offsite I'd rather just drive to our alternative hotel about an hour away. I am looking to check in Tuesday, November 5 and check out November 6.
If the Swan or Dolphin are ok with you, they will list a resort fee (usually 34 a night). Those resorts do not provide an airport shuttle but include all the other perks (or at least most of them) of staying at a Disney hotel and you can walk to Epcot and HS or take the boats. I booked the Dolphin in August for Nov 24 to the 27th for 106 a night on HW. Sometimes you can use promo codes for exta savings on both sites.

Just searched your dates, and nothing available at this point. It's early yet.

You want Bonnet Creek for your neighborhood. On PL there are a few that appear in the Disney Springs listings (Port Orleans, and I think OKW), but on HW they're all in Bonnet Creek.

If it has a resort fee ("mandatory fee" that's not tax or a PL/HW fee), that's a sure sign it's NOT Disney.

On HW, look for airport shuttle. Only Disney resorts in Bonnet Creek have airport shuttle as an amenity.

On both sites, you can try to match the rating to the revealed hotel listings. On PL, the opaque ratings always round down. So if it says there are 400 reviews, look for a revealed booking that has 400-499 reviews with that rating, same with the numerical ratings (an 8+ will always be between 8.0 and 8.9 in the revealed listing). Sometimes HW's opaque listings will have the exact number of reviews, so you can match up that way to the revealed listings. Also, on HW look for the distance from search area. If it says 5.2 miles, there's usually a revealed booking that's the same distance.

Thank you so much for replying! I did figure it was early but wanted to sort of learn the site a bit before it was time to get serious. We do have an on-site room reserved but prices have gone up so much since I went 3 years ago! It's crazy. So I've got a room for sure, but if I can find something on PL or HW before my 30 days hit, I don't mind a bit of time and effort to save some $$.

Thank you so much for replying! I did figure it was early but wanted to sort of learn the site a bit before it was time to get serious. We do have an on-site room reserved but prices have gone up so much since I went 3 years ago! It's crazy. So I've got a room for sure, but if I can find something on PL or HW before my 30 days hit, I don't mind a bit of time and effort to save some $$.

If you book room-only and buy tickets separately, the cancellation policy is much more liberal. I think you can cancel a week before, and get a full refund on room-only. You might find something at more than 30 days, but we haven't seen that much action too far out lately. Also, many people end up doing split stays when they go this route because the PL/HW deals don't cover the whole length of stay. Just something to keep in mind when you're searching.

I'm pretty comfortable with the PLE deals for Disney hotels, but now I'm looking at Universal area hotels and I'm not sure what this one might be.

Dates are 4/19-4/25.
Canary says it's either the Doubletree, or one of the 3 Universal Lowes deluxe resorts. I assumed it was Doubletree, BUT:
What's throwing me off is the "Mandatory fee" of $75 for five nights. I believe Doubletree has a $20 per night resort fee so that doesn't line up.

I'm pretty comfortable with the PLE deals for Disney hotels, but now I'm looking at Universal area hotels and I'm not sure what this one might be.

Dates are 4/19-4/25.
Canary says it's either the Doubletree, or one of the 3 Universal Lowes deluxe resorts. I assumed it was Doubletree, BUT:
What's throwing me off is the "Mandatory fee" of $75 for five nights. I believe Doubletree has a $20 per night resort fee so that doesn't line up.

View attachment 443256
It's absolutely Doubletree. Look at the ratings - 7+ fits for Doubletree, not for any of the Universal hotels (all are 8+). Also with 1300 reviews, that also fits Doubletree and is WAY more than any of the Universal hotels.

It's absolutely Doubletree. Look at the ratings - 7+ fits for Doubletree, not for any of the Universal hotels (all are 8+). Also with 1300 reviews, that also fits Doubletree and is WAY more than any of the Universal hotels.

That's what I thought too - the hotel fee was throwing me off though because it should be $100 not $75. We were looking at the Doubletree anyway so it's a win regardless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!