Priceline Express Deals

View attachment 467957
Can anyone guess this resort for May 27th-June 2? I would guess sports, but it shows 52% off.
It’s Music. Sports is 4.1/5 rating, and Movies has queen beds.

Ignore the original price. Hotwire gives misleading figures. Music has higher priced rooms for the family suites, but that doesn’t mean you’re going to get one of the more expensive rooms. The listing says two full bed, so expect a regular room.

It’s Music. Sports is 4.1/5 rating, and Movies has queen beds.

Ignore the original price. Hotwire gives misleading figures. Music has higher priced rooms for the family suites, but that doesn’t mean you’re going to get one of the more expensive rooms. The listing says two full bed, so expect a regular room.
Thank you!

Also, @shoppingqueen if you want sports, it’s there for your dates (3-star $115 4.1/5)

Pop is 3-star 4.1/5 $139

You’ve also got the Dolphin as an option at a very nice rate (4-star, 4.1/5 $159 + $34 resort fee, double beds shows as an option on the booking page)
I have priced out Sports for some dates in mid May through Disney and it was 115 a night too so those dates might also work out for the same rate. I'd rather go through the Disney site for bookings if all else equal since it more streamlined. If you can score good discounts on Disney GCs that would lower the price even more going through Disney directly. And maybe even get the 10 off a night (minus 1) if you don't want mousekeeping (though maybe that works too if you book through HW or PE?)

I have priced out Sports for some dates in mid May through Disney and it was 115 a night too so those dates might also work out for the same rate. I'd rather go through the Disney site for bookings if all else equal since it more streamlined. If you can score good discounts on Disney GCs that would lower the price even more going through Disney directly. And maybe even get the 10 off a night (minus 1) if you don't want mousekeeping (though maybe that works too if you book through HW or PE?)
Just putting it out there for anyone interested. When we booked CSR through Priceline, we were able to decline mousekeeping and get the credit. Not sure if anyone else was not able to, but we were.

Thanks for the reminder of how important it is to check original prices. HW/PL add their own fees, so checking the final price, not just the listed price is important. It’s also important to consider what is the value of flexibility in modifying/canceling dates, vs being locked in with an opaque booking.

To add to the other side, PL and HW frequently have codes that can save a percentage off, and there is often the chance to stack with a cash back portal like Retail Me Not or Rakuten. Usually a quick google search will turn up at least 5% on most bookings.

I love discount Disney GCs, but the ways to get larger percentages off seem to have dwindled in the last year or so. Many of the techniques on the Disney GC thread require you to have the right credit card that gets the right targeted offer, or live locally to a particular supermarket, or go through a portal whose offer technically excludes GCs so you may or may not get the cash back. The REDcard 5% at Target is reliable, but often less than the HW/PL codes. I have discount GCs stockpiled and used some to buy our park tickets, but those were a lot of work to get 10% or more off.

I also found $115 for some dates in May on the WDW website when I was booking my trip, but Disney’s website is currently showing $140 at all the All-Stars for the dates @shoppingqueen was looking for. The dates can really affect prices. I find stays that include a weekend tend to be cheaper on HW because Disney’s weekend rack rates are much higher. For adding a night or two, especially on a weekday, going through Disney is easier and prices can be comparable.

Just putting it out there for anyone interested. When we booked CSR through Priceline, we were able to decline mousekeeping and get the credit. Not sure if anyone else was not able to, but we were.
I believe the reports of not being able to decline mousekeeping came from people who booked convention rate discounted rooms through particular travel agents. I haven’t heard anything about difficulties with ordinary 3rd party bookings.

I was also able to decline mousekeeping with my reservation through HW. :-)

Thanks for the reminder of how important it is to check original prices. HW/PL add their own fees, so checking the final price, not just the listed price is important. It’s also important to consider what is the value of flexibility in modifying/canceling dates, vs being locked in with an opaque booking.

To add to the other side, PL and HW frequently have codes that can save a percentage off, and there is often the chance to stack with a cash back portal like Retail Me Not or Rakuten. Usually a quick google search will turn up at least 5% on most bookings.

I love discount Disney GCs, but the ways to get larger percentages off seem to have dwindled in the last year or so. Many of the techniques on the Disney GC thread require you to have the right credit card that gets the right targeted offer, or live locally to a particular supermarket, or go through a portal whose offer technically excludes GCs so you may or may not get the cash back. The REDcard 5% at Target is reliable, but often less than the HW/PL codes. I have discount GCs stockpiled and used some to buy our park tickets, but those were a lot of work to get 10% or more off.

I also found $115 for some dates in May on the WDW website when I was booking my trip, but Disney’s website is currently showing $140 at all the All-Stars for the dates @shoppingqueen was looking for. The dates can really affect prices. I find stays that include a weekend tend to be cheaper on HW because Disney’s weekend rack rates are much higher. For adding a night or two, especially on a weekday, going through Disney is easier and prices can be comparable.
There is alot to consider! I am not usually good at getting more than 5% off GCs either but some do. It seems like the codes for PE are more plentiful? When I seached for HW regular booking codes, all I found was 4% cashback but that is another hurdle for me in saving money, similar to getting more off GCs, though if I spent more time I'm sure I could have found something better. Good to know that PE and HW usually don't have higher rates for weekends like the Disney site does. And good to know about getting the 10 off a night through PE and HW. When I booked through a TA who must have had blocks for lower rates (not a convention though) the CM told me that since I booked through a 3rd party I didn't qualify for the 10 off a night for declining mousekeeping.

There is alot to consider! I am not usually good at getting more than 5% off GCs either but some do. It seems like the codes for PE are more plentiful? When I seached for HW regular booking codes, all I found was 4% cashback but that is another hurdle for me in saving money, similar to getting more off GCs, though if I spent more time I'm sure I could have found something better. Good to know that PE and HW usually don't have higher rates for weekends like the Disney site does. And good to know about getting the 10 off a night through PE and HW. When I booked through a TA who must have had blocks for lower rates (not a convention though) the CM told me that since I booked through a 3rd party I didn't qualify for the 10 off a night for declining mousekeeping.
It’s not that weekend rates aren’t higher than weekdays in PL/HW. It’s just that with the more expensive weekend rates, the PL/ HW discounts are more significant. When I go to add a single weeknight at an All-Star, I might only save a few bucks, so there’s not much advantage over a direct booking.

Most of the best discount codes apply to the opaque bookings, which is part of why the folks on this thread spend so much time figuring out which hotels are being offered, so we can book an opaque deal with the confidence of a revealed booking.

The TAs with blocks of rooms are buying in bulk the way conventions do, so their rates and special tickets are treated by Disney as if you were attending a convention. That’s not the same as if you buy a regular room through an authorized reseller like PL/HW.

Can someone double check a room for me? Hotel canary hasn’t been working for me all week. I was looking at the 3 star express deal bonnet creek on Priceline for 2/10-2/11. 8+, 400 reviews $45 for the night. I snagged a Priceline express deal for movies last month but i have a feeling this is all star sports. Thanks!

Can someone double check a room for me? Hotel canary hasn’t been working for me all week. I was looking at the 3 star express deal bonnet creek on Priceline for 2/10-2/11. 8+, 400 reviews $45 for the night. I snagged a Priceline express deal for movies last month but i have a feeling this is all star sports. Thanks!

Hi - that's a pretty awesome rate for All-Star Sports! It is the only 3*8 resort in BC with reviews in the 400s. (It is 497 right now.)

Hi, IMHO unless Priceline changes their web site code back to an older version from a few months ago, Hotel Canary has gone the way of the Dodo. (The HC developer has not updated the extension since the beginning of 2018.)

I have my own Simple Resort Matcher out there if you'd like to try that - just enter the ratings, Location and reviews on a PE deal and it should tell you the resort.

It’s not that weekend rates aren’t higher than weekdays in PL/HW. It’s just that with the more expensive weekend rates, the PL/ HW discounts are more significant. When I go to add a single weeknight at an All-Star, I might only save a few bucks, so there’s not much advantage over a direct booking.

Most of the best discount codes apply to the opaque bookings, which is part of why the folks on this thread spend so much time figuring out which hotels are being offered, so we can book an opaque deal with the confidence of a revealed booking.

The TAs with blocks of rooms are buying in bulk the way conventions do, so their rates and special tickets are treated by Disney as if you were attending a convention. That’s not the same as if you buy a regular room through an authorized reseller like PL/HW.
Yes, if I often end up booking opaque but like to start out with a regular booking I can cancel in case I can't find a good opaque Disney hotel deal.

Hi - that's a pretty awesome rate for All-Star Sports! It is the only 3*8 resort in BC with reviews in the 400s. (It is 497 right now.)

Hi, IMHO unless Priceline changes their web site code back to an older version from a few months ago, Hotel Canary has gone the way of the Dodo. (The HC developer has not updated the extension since the beginning of 2018.)

I have my own Simple Resort Matcher out there if you'd like to try that - just enter the ratings, Location and reviews on a PE deal and it should tell you the resort.
Yeah that's the lowest I've ever seen...even more surprising as those those dates appear fully booked

IDoes anyone know if this could possibly be a Disney resort. It’s showing no resort fees and it says it’s .5 miles from Epcot and 1.1 miles from Hollywood studios. Thanks again In advance! 468191

Would anyone be kind enough to see if there are any Disney Resorts available for March 3-7? I would very much appreciate some help with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter