Priceline Express Deals

Thanks Madge! I actually booked POR for the same dates as my old ressie with PL. I just want to have less money tied up in a trip that I might not be able to take.

It took my PO-FQ a couple of days to drop off & refund processed.

My POFQ reservation starting 03/27 was cancelled by hotwire back on 03/18, but I haven't received my refund back to my card. Just wanted to check if anyone got their refunds. I know it will take them awhile but it would be nice to have it finalized.

My May trip in my PL account is now showing the button to cancel w/o penalty. The only place giving me the run around is Cirque du Soleil, refusing refunds for May shows, they keep saying to call back in a few weeks :headache:
I also have some questions about our SW flights. Booked with credit - a whopping $3 that might mess up when our credits expire.

My POFQ reservation starting 03/27 was cancelled by hotwire back on 03/18, but I haven't received my refund back to my card. Just wanted to check if anyone got their refunds. I know it will take them awhile but it would be nice to have it finalized.

I canceled March 16 - refund cleared March 18.

So I realize no one knows anything for sure, but would you guys be comfortable booking a PLE or HW deal the first week of August for Disney? I don’t even want to start searching if it’s not going to happen...

So I realize no one knows anything for sure, but would you guys be comfortable booking a PLE or HW deal the first week of August for Disney? I don’t even want to start searching if it’s not going to happen...
I just held $74 roundtrip air on American for the week straddling end of July/early August. AA is letting you do a one-time change as long as travel is completed within a year of purchase, so minimal risk there. This week is the latest we would want to do in the summer to leave a week or so to get ready for start of the school year. I am surveilling HW/PL, but there's not much activity. This is expected, and I anticipate there will be deals as things stabilize. Originally I was looking at July 4, but I realized that every day after that the chances go up for a return to normalcy.

Absolutely not. Despite the fact that a number of hotel chains are offering refunds, there have been too many stories about Priceline and Hotwire denying people.

spend a little extra, and book something clearly refundable.

I agree, at this point I am out this summer at this point. (We also visit my 93yo Mom when we go down. Last year the hurricane made us cut our trip short before we visited, and this year I'm not chancing bringing anything down from NY with us.)

For the record, I checked a few August dates today on PL and it looks like there are no Disney resorts on PL at all, even non-hidden deals.
For risk takers, I did see a pretty nice non-refundable deal at Wyndham Bonnet Creek: 2 BR Villa for $186. (It jumps to $249 if you want refundable.)

Probably safest to book a Disney resort (and MAYBE Swan/Dolphin). The main risk would be if the resorts open up and the parks remain closed. Are folks having trouble getting their money back from Priceline/Hotwire for a resort not open during their reservation? Note that I am not an advocate for making an opaque booking for an offsite hotel. The savings are almost always quite nominal. And there are SO many offsite hotels. Plus you can't earn hotel points or elite status credit with opaque bookings, which isn't relevant to Disney properties.

Last edited:
We were booked at an offsite condo in Orlando for 3 weeks, starting at the end of February, booked through Hotwire. We were there for most of the 3 weeks, but left for home several days before our check-out day, due to Covid-19. We were refunded for the lost days.

Absolutely not. Despite the fact that a number of hotel chains are offering refunds, there have been too many stories about Priceline and Hotwire denying people.

spend a little extra, and book something clearly refundable.
Have they been denying people for COVID cancellations? I was able to cancel our May 4th PLE deal with just the click of a button on 4/1 and got my refund a couple of days later.

Have they been denying people for COVID cancellations? I was able to cancel our May 4th PLE deal with just the click of a button on 4/1 and got my refund a couple of days later.

Yes, our friends that we were traveling with in March were denied a refund despite the fact that they fell within both the Swan's and Priceline’s cancellation policies. And they are not the only ones.

I just got an email from Hotwire that they have NOT approved my requested HotRate cancellation for Grand Floridian for July 10-19. Ugh. I was told that Disney did not have anyone who could approve the cancellation because they department responsible is no longer open. Now I'm super stressed. I know the rate was booked as non refundable, but I did this before the lockdown and closures. No idea what to do. I'm so mad at myself. I'll never use Hotwire again.

Last edited:
I just got an email from Hotwire that they have NOT approved my requested HotRate cancellation for Grand Floridian for July 10-19. Ugh. I was told that Disney did not have anyone who could approve the cancellation because they department responsible is no longer open. Now I'm super stressed. I know the rate was booked as non refundable, but I did this before the lockdown and closures. No idea what to do. I'm so mad at myself. I'll never use Hotwire again.

Perhaps when it gets closer to your date you could try again? Disney May be open in July 🤷‍♀️

What makes you think the GF will be closed on July 10? I'm sure if it's closed you'll have no issue getting a refund. You need to be wait. If you need to cancel your trip, and the GF will be open, you'll need to write a short, concise and polite letter asking for an exception. I can't financially take the trip. I work in the XXX industry. My employer won't give me time off. We need to catch up.

Normally opaque bookings through Hotwire and PL are set in stone. Under these circumstances both are making exceptions. BUT generally not. FWIW I'll only make these kinds of bookings days, OK a week or so, before my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!