Priceline Wyndam palace

disneygeek

DIS veteran
Just got back from our trip. Utilized our 50/ night Priceline Wyndam reservations. Our rooms were very nice. We were asked which view we would like. We chose Epcot. We could see all 4 parks. We even watched Illuminations form our balcony one night. Only bad thing is after they add the fees room is close to $70 per night. Still pretty good.

Tax and a resort fee. Price line charged my credit card $117(total for 2 nights). Then Wyndam added $8.88 per day for a resort fee. It's pointless to complain I'm sure. It would also make me feel cheap since our rate was so low.

Thanks for posting your info. We are going to be staying there Jan 3 thru 5 utilizing a $55 plus 5 rate that we got on priceline. I am glad that I know of the resort fees now so I will be expecting them. That has only happened to us one other time and it was also at a Wyndham....the one on international dr.
Should I expect a nice place, we have never stayed at the palace resort.
Thanks again for the info,
mowsearz

We thought it was nice. Maybe a Marriot quality hotel. I thought the bed and pillows were especially comfortable. Ask for an Epcot view room when you check in..

Go to Wyndham.com and register as a Wyndham by Request Member. Then call the 800 # and link your Priceline Reservation to Wyndham by Request. We loved the bottled water, beer and fruit delivered to our room - free of charge. It made the resort fee "a little easier to swallow"!

DG, you have to sign up for Wyndham by request at their website to get the freebies.....

Oh yes! thats the way to go, By Request we have stayed at both through priceline,the one at down town is nicer at least my dh thinks so!:p

I hate the resort fees. I wish they would just charge more rather than surprising you at check -in . I had that happen to me at the marriot village.I explained that we were there for one night, were not using the pools, food court or busses but was told too bad. I pointed out on my confirmation it was not listed nor did I see it on the web site. The desk clerk basically called me a liar, not only to my face but in front of my family. Needless to say, I will never stay there again or recommend it.

Just about every resort through priceline has resort fees.I have stayed at several different ones and they have ALL charged a resort fee and some have a surcharge for energy costs.Priceline DOES have a couple of notices on their website throughout the process telling you about possible extra charges.In fact MOST websites for hotels have a statement about resort fees and that is with going directly through their site and not through priceline or others. You have to read EVERYTHING on their sites about reservations.I have never stayed at any hotel recently where they do not charge these fees whether it was OR was not through priceline. Priceline is great but you can not blame them for the resort fees. They have nothing to do with those fees. They are just warning you that those fees might be charged but it is not Priceline that is charging the resort fees.It is the resorts themselves that are charging the fees.

We stayed at the Wyndham Palace in 2000 for a week, at a Priceline deal of $55.00 per night. I really like the hotel. I would really love to try Priceline again, but, my luck I'd get the one hotel I don't want to get!

Sorry it took me so long, but with the holidays....
Anyway, Thanks to Marypoppinsmom for telling me about the Wyndham by request...
I have joined and called the 800 number, however, they made me call the front desk at the hotel. I did and they were great. They linked my by request number to my priceline res. and we are all set. They even took my request for the Epcot view that the other post had suggested. Thanks again...
Going in two days!!!!!
Mowsearz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter