• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prime Evil Whirl

airlarry!

Did you know some ferns date back to Prehistoric t
I don't want to appear overly negative, but have you seen the pix on www.wdwmagic.com of the latest construction?

Does anyone know if all of those bars and metal will actually be seen from walking around? It sort of reminds me of my local fair...

Hmm....

Well, it got more "stuff" on it than I've seen at any fair, but I know that doesn't make it ok. I think this is one that we're going to have to see in person to really make an informed judgement. At least that's my plan, as with Tri Spin.

I thought I read on some of the posts by the regulars on the rumors board that that is waht Disney intended it to llok like along with all of Dino rama. A fair/carnival that you would see on the side of the road. Sounds like the accomplished that goal. I am very curious to see it for myself in May

Actually, I found the new Dinorama to be a quite festive area of the park. (It would be even more festive if it stayed open after sunset.) It needs some "seasoning," but that should occur as that area of the park develops. Primeval Whirl should help liven things up even more.

However, I'm also concerned about all the typical carnie rides that Disney's been putting up over the past couple of years. While the company can use the "excuse" that "carnival is the theme here," the same excuse will wax pretty lame with other theme park development.

I wish Disney could be convinced to leave at least part of DAK open after dark; I think it would particularly beautiful then.

Joe
A Walt Disney World Resort Outing

We saw it in January. Can't say that it was anything to make you stop and take any notice.
Many think DCA is rather lame. Those people should not waste their time in Dinorama. ;) It makes Paradise Pier look like an extravaganza.

My husband and I visited WDW in January and I made an effort to visit the new section
at the Animal Kingdom. Can we say "disapointed!". In my opinion its a big play area for
the kiddies.... and do they need another entertainment area? AK is wonderful in itself!
But I guess it's too adult for the 1-10 year olds running around. I won't be spending the
dollars needed to play carnie games, but I'm sure mom and dad will! Give me an icecream
cone and a table next to the river with a view of the tree.

Cathy-Jesse

WDW 1972
Beach Club 1993
CS 97
WL 98
POR 99
CB/Cruise 2001
BW November 2002/3n Cruise

I saw the stuff on Primeval Whirl and Triceratops spin while I was at WDW last week and it reminded me of a crummy carnival.Surely Disney need not stoop to this kind of cruddola to attract people?:rollseyes:

Ursula

I kind of liked it. My son loved watching me play those crazy carnie games. But it is definitllly for the young ones. dave:cool:

I have to say that DW and I don't care for the DinoRama area. The last thing we want to do is get stuck playing expensive, ordinary carnival games at WDW - not what we ever expected from WDW.

That being said - WDW may know what they are doing. We will be back to the World soon and we just asked our DD (3) what rides she wants to go on. The answer - Dumbo and...Triceratops Spin. If Primevil Whirl attracts the kids as well.....

What the adults may cringe at here is most likely a hit with the kiddies. Magic to the kiddies, torture to the mommies and daddies. The question is, what was WDW's motivation for this area. To provide magic for the kids, or to bilk extra money out of families with the carnival games?

We saw it last week. Primeval Whirl is a second cousin to Pop Century. TACKY TACKY TACKY!!

LOL Eeyore!

I guess I probably don't even need to say this....but the DinoRama area is quite ugly and the atmosphere becomes annoying after about 5 minutes. We rode the triceratops thing twice...we have a toddler...but just because we rode it does not mean we like it! It was more of a "well, its there" thing. And the **** if I'll put out money for stupid (and overpriced) carnival games. But truly, the most upsetting thing about DinoRAma is that they tore out the cool dinosaur displays in the tent to put it in. Bring back the dinos!

Funny, in 1999 we were at Sea World and my dh had a fit over the carny games....he stated that "Disney would never do something like this"....sad to say, he was very wrong. If they are determined to fit into the Six Flags model, they are doing a good job of it.

Admittedly, the coaster thing might be a fun ride...but boy is it ugly. They had it right before...coasters belong INSIDE!

If they had skipped on this they might have been able to get a start on Beastly Kingdom...

The talk of watching the coaster being put up reminded me of something that happened whne I was younger.

We went on our second or third trip to WDW, and we were heading to something out near Frontierland. We saw the construction going on for the Big Thunder Mtn coaster. I seem to recall a big sign that you could see from one of the queue areas of another attraction (my memory is kinded faded about this...might be a jumbled together memory). I can remember begging my father to bring us back when it opened in a year or two.

That was probably the beginning of my Disney rumor obsession.

Does Big E realize that when there is construction going on, it piques the interest of those there to come back again. In a way, it is free advertising for the big ride that will be built in the future. You have a captive audience that will spread the word, and maybe even plan out their next trip over right then and there.

I remember trying to wiggle a commitment from my dad that we *would* be back when it opened! And within two years of its opening, we were back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter