Prime Now - can it be delivered directly to room - Kidani AKL

vivianmarie244

Mouseketeer
I've seen some people talk about there is now a charge for deliveries made to Bell Services or the front desk. I wondered if they could just deliver it straight to your room to avoid the charge. I'm guessing, due to security reasons, that is not possible but just thought I'd ask. :)

I've seen some people talk about there is now a charge for deliveries made to Bell Services or the front desk. I wondered if they could just deliver it straight to your room to avoid the charge. I'm guessing, due to security reasons, that is not possible but just thought I'd ask. :)

Delivered to Bell Services - No charge
Delivered to Front Desk - $5 per package
Amazon Prime Now can't deliver directly to your room. But you can meet them outside and grab your order from the driver.

My understanding is the "charge for deliveries" is a charge for packages SHIPPED to the resort -- such as through USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. Those get a $5 per package/box/envelope charge, possibly more at the convention resorts.

For actual deliveries -- i.e. the company is directly delivering to Bell Services -- such as Garden Grocer and Amazon Prime Now, my understanding is there is no WDW fee at this time. Of course, in most cases the companies will have their own delivery fees as part of their service.

I believe with Amazon Prime Now you can arrange to met with the delivery person, but at the lobby/porte cochere, not at your room. There are a number of posts on here that talk about Amazon Prime Now and I recall some talking about meeting the delivery person.

SW

My understanding is the "charge for deliveries" is a charge for packages SHIPPED to the resort -- such as through USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. Those get a $5 per package/box/envelope charge, possibly more at the convention resorts.

For actual deliveries -- i.e. the company is directly delivering to Bell Services -- such as Garden Grocer and Amazon Prime Now, my understanding is there is no WDW fee at this time. Of course, in most cases the companies will have their own delivery fees as part of their service.

I believe with Amazon Prime Now you can arrange to met with the delivery person, but at the lobby/porte cochere, not at your room. There are a number of posts on here that talk about Amazon Prime Now and I recall some talking about meeting the delivery person.

SW

I believe you are correct. Or at least, I understand it the same way you do :D

My plan is to track the driver using the App and meet them curbside. I've heard of some orders getting misplaced. The technology is there, might as well use it.

I do have a question on how to address the order? There isn't much room to include a reservation number or indicate "for guest:". So how is everyone completing the address section and where are you indicating that you are a resort guest? In the comments section?

I believe you are correct. Or at least, I understand it the same way you do :D

My plan is to track the driver using the App and meet them curbside. I've heard of some orders getting misplaced. The technology is there, might as well use it.

I do have a question on how to address the order? There isn't much room to include a reservation number or indicate "for guest:". So how is everyone completing the address section and where are you indicating that you are a resort guest? In the comments section?

There is a comments section, you could put your cell # there and ask driver to call you at arrival and you will meet them outside front doors.

When placing orders to deliver or ship to WDW resort, you should NOT put your reservation #. If there is space we usually put:
firstname lastname (Guest/arrive yyyymonthdd)
or a variation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter