Prime Time and Dine in on same day?

donan1212

Earning My Ears
We have the dining plan and are going for 7 nights - one day we are staying at the resort so I planned two table service meals for that day.

I need to choose one other day to have two table service meals, and I thought Hollywood Studios might be a good day for that - I was able to snag an 11 am lunch at prime time café and a 5 pm dinner at sci fi dine in. Do you think that would be too much for one day (both being kitschy themed restaurants) and do you think they are too close together? We're going in August, so I don't want us to be too hot to eat. These were the two restaurants I was most exited to try and had decided on sci fi, but now that I have an extra TS credit to burn, I can't decide!

My other 2 TS credits in one day option would be lunch at Akershus and dinner at La Hacienda during out Epcot day, but I was thinking that we might not want to be tied town to 2 sit down meals on that day since it seems there will be more for us to see do in that park.

The only times I've done two TS in a day it was a breakfast and a dinner. I wouldn't want to do two so close together, especially in the august heat. Maybe a lunch at 11 and a dinner at 8ish.

Different kinds of kitsch, so that shouldn't mean issue. But yes, too close. You're only going to finish lunch around 12:30. Are you going to be hungry enough less than five hours later?

I don't think 2 TS restaurants in one day is too much but I would consider trying to move your dinner up an hour or so if possible. I think Sci Fi is usually harder to get than 50's so I'm not sure how easy that one would be to move. But you have to eat lunch and dinner anyways right? Might as well do it in 2 fun places. I love both 50's and Sci Fi. I don't think they are too similar in food or experience to do them in the same day and we've done them in the same day before.

Two TS in one day is A LOT of food. I would also suggest if you need to use 2 TS credits to go with the Hollywood Brown Derby. If you are doing two TS, make them a breakfast and a dinner.

I've done two TS a day, but never lunch and dinner unless they were far apart. I pay OOP so it's not a big deal, apps during lunch and entrees at dinner.
If I was on the DDP, I'd do lunch appetizers OOP and then do a 2 credit for dinner.

We have the dining plan and are going for 7 nights - one day we are staying at the resort so I planned two table service meals for that day.

I need to choose one other day to have two table service meals, and I thought Hollywood Studios might be a good day for that - I was able to snag an 11 am lunch at prime time café and a 5 pm dinner at sci fi dine in. Do you think that would be too much for one day (both being kitschy themed restaurants) and do you think they are too close together? We're going in August, so I don't want us to be too hot to eat. These were the two restaurants I was most exited to try and had decided on sci fi, but now that I have an extra TS credit to burn, I can't decide!

My other 2 TS credits in one day option would be lunch at Akershus and dinner at La Hacienda during out Epcot day, but I was thinking that we might not want to be tied town to 2 sit down meals on that day since it seems there will be more for us to see do in that park.

If you could move Sci-Fi to a later time, it wouldn't be too bad. Or, on your EP day, try to move Akershus to an earlier breakfast.

If you could move Sci-Fi to a later time, it wouldn't be too bad. Or, on your EP day, try to move Akershus to an earlier breakfast.
I agree. if SciFi were at 7pm-ish, then i'd say thats totally fine. But 5pm is way too soon. i've done lunch & dinner on the same day before, but they were spread out...like 11:30am and 7-8pm.

I would separate the two meals by at least seven hours, if possible. Also if you can choose lighter food options at one or both meals, that will also help keep it from being too much food. This will be tougher to do at Prime Time, as most of their menu items are on the heavier side. At Sci Fi it is possible to get lettuce wraps or a salad (although they are more known for burgers and it may be more fun to get those).

I would never eat 2 TS meals per day Especially not when on the DDP as you are getting full meals (maybe I'd do 2 TS in one day if I were paying OOP and could just choose to get apps etc).

Instead when I need to use 2 TS credits in one day I opt for a signature restaurant.

It depends on your family's appetites and eating habits. That's six hours apart so wouldn't be a problem for me, but then again I'm a big eater (though a small woman). Our family eats three good meals every day so it would work for us, but you have to go with your own individual preferences.

I would see about moving SciFi back to 6ish if possible. We have done 2 TS a day usually one is sandwiches/ salads. We don't get the DDP ( unless it was free) & are not big dessert people. When we get dessert it is usually .shared.

I just finished lunch at Primetime (noon mea) and I am still ridiculously stuffed now at 3:45. I can’t even imagine eating for at least another few hours. The meals are huge there! We are doing Sci-fi later this week.

We could do it. The TS food is a big part of the experience for us. We have 3 days with 2 TS meals on our upcoming trip. If you can, I might move Sci Fi at least an hour later. Though I've noticed that Sci Fi reservations seem harder to change than 50s. We personally don't have the issue with heat and big meals that many others seem to. We do, however, love the extended break in the AC that TS meals offer.

Thanks for the feedback! I figured they were too close together. We don't want to have a late night and it does seem sci fi might be hard to change to a later time anyway, so I will probably look to change to another day for 2 TS (breakfast and lunch). I don't want to do a 2 TS at HS because I'm REALLY looking forward to the Sci Fi.

I was thinking of doing another day with 2 TS, but maybe I will do a signature one day. I was just nervous others in my party might get hungry if I do that, but I'm assuming snacks can make up a good part of our meals.

Are dining packages 2 TS credits and are they worth it? (the ones that have preferred seating)

I have those two at same times you do. I do have them scheduled as split meals- like my mom and dad are getting one entree between the two. We will be there in September. My group has a few people whose main vacation goal is eating so I don’t think it will be too bad (plus the whole splitting meals will keep it lighter).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter