Prime Time - eating at the bar?

KCMiller

DIS Veteran
I know you used to be able to eat at the bar at Prime Time, without an ADR. Is this still the case? Are there any other bars in the parks where you can eat without an ADR?

TIA,

KC

Yes you can eat at the bar without an ADR. You might even be able to walk up and be seated in the actual restaurant as well, it's always good to inquire as people are always cancelling ADR's.

We've found Tune In Lounge at 50s Prime Time to be quite popular. We tried twice on our last trip to walk up to the bar just for a drink, but no room at all. I know Hollywood Brown Derby has lounge seating where you can eat without an ADR. I believe most places in Disney Springs as well.

Lounges do not take reservations. Additional in park restaurants with lounges that I can think of include Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge (has it's own menu), Tutto Gusto (Italy), Rose & Crown Pub (very limited menu and tables), Nomad Lounge at Tiffin's, and Yak & Yeti.

I know you used to be able to eat at the bar at Prime Time, without an ADR. Is this still the case? Are there any other bars in the parks where you can eat without an ADR?

TIA,

KC
Definitely still the case but since the bar itself is so small and the lounge serves as the waiting area for Prime Time it’s hard to get find a seat. Never hurts to try though :)

Hollywood Brown Derby lounge in HS could be another spot to try. Epcot has a few lounges in the World Showcase (La Cava is my fave), there’s Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom which gets rave reviews.

If you are going to eat at the bar I would suggest going at an off time, like 2:30-3 pm. My DH and I do this all the time if we don’t have ADR or even if we do we just move the ADR to another day and cancel. My DH loves the fact that you can order a full meal there. Just keep in mind if you have an annual pass the discount does not work there.

I would suggest going at an off time, like 2:30-3 pm.

I mentioned up-thread we tried going twice on our last trip in October, but weren't able to get a seat. Both times it was mid-afternoon. I would think maybe going at opening would be the best bet.

I usually love dining in the Disney lounges but not at 50s. Every time I've been it's been beyond crowded. I've never been able to get a seat at the bar without a wait and I'm usually solo.

The waiting area for the table service is very, very close to the bar. 50s is also extremely popular with families and there tends to be a certain amount of chaos in the waiting area when the kiddos get bored. I once lost my pricey specialty cocktail to an impromptu game of tag that was going on. Disney was very nice and replaced my drink as well as helping to mop up my Dad's Electric Lemonade soaked clothes but still.....

Years ago DH and I would go to Tune In all the time, no waiting or crowds, and they take TIW which is a great bonus and the bartenders are awesome! Unfortunately our hidden gem is now no longer hidden. The past few years it seems we can't even get in the front door.

I mentioned up-thread we tried going twice on our last trip in October, but weren't able to get a seat. Both times it was mid-afternoon. I would think maybe going at opening would be the best bet.

Oh wow, we never have an issue. Maybe at opening would be a good time or time of year maybe. When we went end of September we went around 3:30 and the bar was basically empty. We pretty much only so in September so maybe that is why.

TIA,

KC
Even my child knows that stopping at Prime Time for a margarita is a must. If they have seats at the bar, she get's a mock-tail and we share some onion rings.

Brown Derby Lounge:
https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-hollywood-brown-derby-lunch-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Animal Kingdom, Nomad Lounge is our favorite:
https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/a...xpedition-everest-and-rivers-of-light-121317/

Good luck getting seats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter