Primeval Whirl updates?

Joe Arkansas

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard any news/rumors on the status of Primeval Whirl? I know it went down last week for unscheduled maintenance.

I am just wondering if it will be back open in time for our late July trip. DD19 will be sorely disappointed if we don’t get to go on it ... it was never a priority on previous trips, and we were hoping to cross it off our list this year.

I think there was an update. It is supposed to open in early July. I think the 4th but I could be wrong by a day or two.

I hope it's back up before we go end of August... Kiddo loves this ride for some reason. I can handle it once then he has to go himself (luckily he's old enough to do that now).

I am starting to get curious, is this is this big an issue for a certain part or parts, does it makes sense to keep the ride long term?

It’s a cheap simple ride why wouldn’t you keep it as long as you can?
Depends if you can keep the cheap ride running. A broken ride is no good to anyone, especially a broken ride with a tough time getting parts. So I guess the real question is, is it already as long as it could be kept? Time will tell.

Depends if you can keep the cheap ride running. A broken ride is no good to anyone, especially a broken ride with a tough time getting parts. So I guess the real question is, is it already as long as it could be kept? Time will tell.
True although they could rebuild it using a different company. This type of ride certainly isn't a new concept.

True although they could rebuild it using a different company. This type of ride certainly isn't a new concept.
Agreed, but then again, it is older, maybe the original vendor isn't around in which case my history on mechanics you have to re-engineer is this gets very pricey, and replacing may be a better option

Well for one, it is taking you over a month to get a part or parts to keep it running......
Millennium Force at Cedar Point a few years had its lift cable replaced in the off season, consuming the one spare cable CP had. It then snapped 6 weeks into the season, and it took them at least a month (I think 2) to get the new cable and install it, even though they had ordered it in the off season. This is the number one rated roller coaster in the entire world and has been nearly every year since it was built. Parts take time to get if you don't have them on hand.

Edited to add: IIRC, it was awhile ago.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!