Primeval Whirl updates?

Apparently, Primeval Whirl is back to life.

Last edited:
I thought the consensus was that it is "seasonal", i.e. SBNO except for insanely busy weeks like Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Years, Easter/Spring Break, at least until they find something better to put in its place. That tells me that it is an issue with replacement parts that are getting too expensive or hard to find rather than a safety issue. Prolonging its operational life makes sense, but why would you ever open it back up if it was unsafe?

Allegedly it's going to be open now until the beginning of next year. However, that is the definition of "seasonal" still so you're right. I'd put the article in about it, but it was censored, so to me, that implies it's not a trusted news site. However, this is the rumors and news section after all. I just wanted to bring it up for anyone that is curious and not really checking the status that it is operating right now.

Anywho, I totally agree with you on the fact that if it's obvious it has serious issues, why be opening it back up at all when they've had it closed for so long? I supposed they found a good enough fix in the meantime, or it's more than good enough, but they'd rather just use it when needed and stop it's operational use during other times to cut costs while they think of other ideas. However, at the same time, that isn't good either, because whether the ride system has issues, or is perfectly fine now, having a system not run on a regular bases would cause issues. Either way, any attraction going into "seasonal" mode is a sign of death. The only attraction I can think of off the top of my head that survived the "seasonal" fate is Carousel of Progress.

For me it is no big deal if this ride goes away. I stopped partaking after it jarred my back the last couple times I rode. My kids still don't mind it, but I just watch. That whole area is out of place with the theme of the park.

For me it is no big deal if this ride goes away. I stopped partaking after it jarred my back the last couple times I rode. My kids still don't mind it, but I just watch. That whole area is out of place with the theme of the park.
The fact that people actually think it really used to be part of the parking lot tells you all you need to know. That's not theming, that's lazy. Dino-land 2.0 can't come soon enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!