Primeval Whirl

I am hoping to clear up some of my thoughts on this ride....

I dont think it's a bad ride. I have ridden it several times. It reminds me of the Tilt A Whirl and a Wild Mouse coaster, if you can imagine that. I dont ride it much anymore as I dont want back problems during my day in the park. (I also dont ride Tower of Terror anymore as it makes me nauseous. Who wants a sick stomach while out having a good time? I've ridden it and now I'm done...but thats just me....I still think TOT is an awesome attraction.)

I understand the idea behind the ride (Primeval Whirl) and that Imagineers have said "it took a lot of money to make it look this cheap". I just dont like the "country carnival" look of the area plunked down in what I think is a beautiful park with awesome themeing. Even more...I really dislike the carnival games of chance. I think they look cheap and tacky. I dont think this area adds anything to Animal Kingdom. Just an opinion....not fact.

As for the Zagat Guide....I picked the Primeval Whirl ride because the description is a bit over the top. I think the Zagat Guide is a waste of time and money. Some of their descriptions are laughable. There are much better guides out there and much better information available.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

:thumbsup2

I don't like the primeval whirl because it makes me deathly ill. I rode it once and had to sit down for an hour before my stomach would stop spinning.

OOOoooohhhhh ,, I love this ride lol ,
- Short Ques
- Fast Turns
- 4 Passenger
- Great fun

:banana:

My DS gets very travel sick - generally OK on planes, luckily! Anyway, he had quite fancied it before we got to WDW, even though we had seen it on the video. However, he took one look at it and said "I don't want to go on that!" I certainly didn't want to go on it (spinning makes me nauseous - even MIB was a bit of an ordeal :lmao: )

Eventhough this area of the AKP is cheesy, it is a great area for younger children that could not handle some of the more severe rides in AK. I have gone on Primeval Whirl w/ my neice and she loves it. I tend to get a little dizzy on it. When I was there in January w/ friends, 2 of my friends got in one car and we were in the car behind them. Apparently, as soon as they sat down they noticed a really off smell to their car. It seems that a previous rider had hurled in their car on the whirl. They were laughing and gagging during their entire ride. They weren't sure they wanted to get up afterward for fear they would see that they had been sitting in a puddle. They mentioned the problem when they got off the ride to a CM, but the car was quickly loaded w/ the next set of unsuspecting riders. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

My bf and I went on this ride last time we went and we LOVED it we were cracking up the whole time.

Love the ride, and was getting ticked at the bashing. :headache:
I understand Kevin's point, that the whole area seems out of place, but I think it is geared towards younger children, which is something that the AK needs. Families with small children need a place for the little ones to blow off some steam. Most of the AK entertainment is shows and to keep kids still all day isn't that easy. :jumping3:
Having the amusement area helps to get the wiggles out. The boneyard is good, but adults don't want to stand and watch kids play in a playground for too long, it feels like a waste of admission. At least with the amusement area, adults can participate too.
Sometimes I think if there is any voice missing from the podcast, it is one from a Mom's perspective, and I am hoping that Julie can fix that soon! ;)

I have MANY views on this!!! i think its great when youre going to have lunch AFTER, but id stay away if you just had a huge cheeseburger and fries...
*cringe* lets just say, you might enjoy that meal twice.

I don't remember feeling sick from this ride, but I sure remember feeling battered and bruised! I hated it. There was nothing fun for me being violently thrust from side to side.

I accept that others enjoy it, but WE will never ride it again.

I agree that the whole AREA looks cheap and tacky. Doesn't fit in with anything else. Doesn't make me think of a 50's carnival - it looks more like they just dumped miscellaneous rides/games in one area to fill space.

i do agree that it does NOT go with the rest of the parks themeing.

Exhibit A. Photos.
AKTreeOfLife3.jpg

See?? Nature, pretty, un tacky, nature.

And here we have,in the middle of it all, Chester and Hesters Dino-Rama.
ak_dino_rama.jpg

its kind of like Michael Eisner was a happy kid at a state fair convention, and just decided to have a splurge moment.
And all of us have these moments right??
So, its not a bad thing.
Maybe, instead of thinking of how it will clash with everything in the park, he thought
"lets branch out from just straight nature, and have a little fun with this dino theming."
So, i guess I see the story both ways!

my 4year old wants to go on it and it looks fun. i heard the podcast they werent dising the ride it was the book that they thought was so bad..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter