Princess 5k 2020

FinnsMom7

DIS Veteran
I hope this is the right place to ask about this, I have decided I wanted to run a 5k (and what better place than Disney?!) next year. I am not a runner but can jog so thought starting with something small first would be best. As I have never registered for a runDisney event before, just how quickly do these races sell out? I will be registering myself and DH just for the princess 5k. It is the only race next year I can 100% attend date wise so that is my reason for which of the many 5ks I picked. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

**I did read through the FAQ's thread for some more details on what the process is but didn't see sell out timing**

I hope this is the right place to ask about this, I have decided I wanted to run a 5k (and what better place than Disney?!) next year. I am not a runner but can jog so thought starting with something small first would be best. As I have never registered for a runDisney event before, just how quickly do these races sell out? I will be registering myself and DH just for the princess 5k. It is the only race next year I can 100% attend date wise so that is my reason for which of the many 5ks I picked. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

**I did read through the FAQ's thread for some more details on what the process is but didn't see sell out timing**
Princess races tend to sell out the quickest these days of all of them. You can register you and your DH at the same time. As long as you are on the site at registration time you should be fine.

It is the only race next year I can 100% attend date wise so that is my reason for which of the many 5ks I picked. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

I want to make sure you know that you’ll need to be there the day before the 5k to pick up your bib during the expo.

(They have had same-day bib pickup, but every year they warn that it might not be available, so just plan on being there early the day before. AND this year the line at bib pickup the morning of the 5k was very very long when my cousin and I were walking by it)

I want to make sure you know that you’ll need to be there the day before the 5k to pick up your bib during the expo.

(They have had same-day bib pickup, but every year they warn that it might not be available, so just plan on being there early the day before. AND this year the line at bib pickup the morning of the 5k was very very long when my cousin and I were walking by it)
That I did read, I plan to fly in Wednesday sometime - thank you though!

Princess races tend to sell out the quickest these days of all of them. You can register you and your DH at the same time. As long as you are on the site at registration time you should be fine.

All on the day of Princess 2019 registration.

At 10:47am - drummerwife mentioned links were live
At 8:12pm - @rteetz mentioned only 10k was sold out
At 9:11pm - Livelovedance mentioned the 5k was sold out

I'd agree with @rteetz that the safest bet is to be prepared to sign up when registration first opens.

Thank you all so much, I had planned to register before noon day it opened, I was just worried that it was something that could sell out within the hour and with being at work I can't guarantee being able to free up exactly when the links go live.

I know this was posted a while ago but the husband and I are considering doing the same next year. I really wanna try for the 10k though. I was glad to see another newbie talking about the same race!

Like OP I'm not a runner but I want to participate in one of the Disney weekend runs. My hope is to be able to walk fast enough through the course so I won't get picked up and taken to the end. I had both of my knees replaced so running isn't an option for me. Where can I find the route for the 5K and the 10K, maybe I'll give it a trial run on my next trip in 3 weeks.

The courses might not be the same, and they only release them in the last month. For the 5 and 10 there aren’t big elevation changes.

If you want to do it, you have time to train. Disney has a 16 minute mile rule, hit on reality that’s counted from the last person. There are unofficial pacers that start last, called the balloon ladies. If you fall behind them, you are in trouble and need to pick up the pace. Stay in front of them and you’re good.

Just train. :) There are free training plans on the rundisney site on the Training link.

Like OP I'm not a runner but I want to participate in one of the Disney weekend runs. My hope is to be able to walk fast enough through the course so I won't get picked up and taken to the end. I had both of my knees replaced so running isn't an option for me. Where can I find the route for the 5K and the 10K, maybe I'll give it a trial run on my next trip in 3 weeks.

Take a look here to see last years. No guarantee, but honestly, this one has been pretty much the same.

http://rodale-usa.instantmagazine.com/rundisney/dwphm022318

Based on how fast the 5k for marathon weekend sold out I am back to nervous for Princess. All I can do is be ready on registration day. Blocking my work calendar off so no one thinks to invite me to a meeting :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!