I have always thought the at the Princess and the Frog works better in Disneyland because it is right off of New Orleans Square, but it doesn't fit so well in WDW. I would love it if each got a completely different retheme so they would essentially be two different rides (the DL one is different already anyway). The differences just give me a reason to go to both!

I do think the OP is reading too much into this and that it likely has nothing to do with the Splash retheme at all.
Completely agree. I think Princess and the Frog rethemed would be a great extension of New Orleans Square. I am less inclined to agree with switching out Splash at WDW. I think it fits perfectly where it is and Princess and the Frog will stick out as completely out of place in that area. I wish Disney would take a queue from Tower of Terror and leave one version in WDW and a different one in DLR.
I have no doubt, when its converted, it will not appear as a mountain anymore.

I would also bet that , at least in WDW, they will connect it to Liberty Square and Frontierland in a seem less way.

Its what they are best at.

At DL is much more in place already.
I bet it looks more like a large tree than a mountain when they're done.

Ultimately, people just need to come to terms with Splash changing. Change is hard and sometimes not very fun. But ultimately it will most likely end up being a great ride and worthy successor to Splash.

The only reason that parking lot doesn't show up in the app is because it's an employee only lot. Disney doesn't want people to think they can park there.

Also, Disneyland Forward is effectively dead in the water due to the current political controversies the city/city council of Anaheim is caught up in. There is NO WAY the Disney company is going to make any moves anytime in the next few years.
They permanently closed the Stitch lot actually, back in 2019.

Never mind, I found out that it was closed only to guests, but not Cast Members. You were right. Ugh. Maybe Disneyland can replace Hungry Bear, Harbor Galley and Winnie the Pooh, and turn Critter Country into a "Bayou" expansion for New Orleans Square, but heed this: A P&TF ride (along with other "princess" rides) should be gentle and slow! Big drops aren't "gentle".

Come to think of it, removing the Stitch lot from the map on the Disneyland app/website, because it is now a "Cast Members only" lot, sends the wrong impression that the park will be expanding.

Last edited:
They permanently closed the Stitch lot actually, back in 2019.

Never mind, I found out that it was closed only to guests, but not Cast Members. You were right. Ugh. Maybe Disneyland can replace Hungry Bear, Harbor Galley and Winnie the Pooh, and turn Critter Country into a "Bayou" expansion for New Orleans Square, but heed this: A P&TF ride (along with other "princess" rides) should be gentle and slow! Big drops aren't "gentle".

Come to think of it, removing the Stitch lot from the map on the Disneyland app/website, because it is now a "Cast Members only" lot, sends the wrong impression that the park will be expanding.
I think they do this for all areas that are restricted to CMs. The only stuff you see on the map is what guests can access.

Completely agree. I think Princess and the Frog rethemed would be a great extension of New Orleans Square. I am less inclined to agree with switching out Splash at WDW. I think it fits perfectly where it is and Princess and the Frog will stick out as completely out of place in that area. I wish Disney would take a queue from Tower of Terror and leave one version in WDW and a different one in DLR.

I bet it looks more like a large tree than a mountain when they're done.

Ultimately, people just need to come to terms with Splash changing. Change is hard and sometimes not very fun. But ultimately it will most likely end up being a great ride and worthy successor to Splash.
I’m sure Disney doesn’t want to change it more than guests. This refurbishment is going to costs a lot of money and makes them $0. They haven’t fixed the Yeti on Everest, because it would be down for a long time and cost mega bucks. They cannot make the ride hold more people and it is extremely popular. Removing this ride for 18-24 months is going to make the other rides busier, hopefully Tron can take some of that away. There were some rumors of Space Mountain getting a much needed refurbishment after Tron goes on line. That will have to wait. Now that Guardians is open is Spaceship Earth finally getting the refurbishment.

NOTE: I apologize for deleting and reposting this thread. I accidentally put it in the wrong (Community) forum when it should be put in the Rumor forum.

Okay, so you know how there is the Stitch parking lot at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, CA, which is located south of the Mickey & Friends/Pixar Pals parking structure and north of the west end of Downtown Disney? Well, I took a look at the map on the Disneyland app and website, and the Stitch lot is not there! Could this be where the future Princess and the Frog ride will reside? Does this mean Splash Mountain (at least in California, not sure about Florida yet) has been saved? Here’s a top-to-bottom photo comparison between the DLR app and Google Maps for proof:
View attachment 674792View attachment 674793
Not sure how you made the jump here? Is there info missing?

The Stitch Parking Lot closed to guests and is not showing on the map, designed for guests. I think that is the end of story.

Not sure why there would be the thought to build an attraction outside of Disneyland and over roadways? An attraction they already announced elsewhere to remove an attraction that is problematic.

The sad part is most people have never seen Song of the South or have any idea about it.
The ride is cute as it is, but I have no problem with them changing it.

The sad part is most people have never seen Song of the South or have any idea about it.

I actually just watched Song of the South for the first time a few months ago. Honestly, it was pretty boring except the Brer Rabbit parts. While I had several of the Brer Rabbit books and records from Disney (including the controversial Tar Baby book) growing up, I never associated those stories with Song of the South either.

I'm OK with them changing it. However, I don't think Princess and the Frog fits in Frontierland at World. I'm also very concerned they're going to rip out the majority of the current animatronics, put in a bunch of screens and install an expensive Tiana animatronic that will be all over Good Morning America, etc. to tout how much money they spent on the ride when in reality it was a bare minimum effort.

I don't trust current Disney management to do this IP retheme properly. It's not just Chapek either. I think D'Amaro and Jeff Vahle have shown they're willing to do anything possible to increase World's bottom line.

I also think putting the first Tiana attraction in Frontierland is a little off-putting. Let's put all the other princesses in Fantasyland, where they belong, but keep Tiana in Frontierland. o_O

I'm OK with them changing it. However, I don't think Princess and the Frog fits in Frontierland at World. I'm also very concerned they're going to rip out the majority of the current animatronics, put in a bunch of screens and install an expensive Tiana animatronic that will be all over Good Morning America, etc. to tout how much money they spent on the ride when in reality it was a bare minimum effort.
An expensive Tiana animatronic that only works part of the time. But it will be OK because I'm sure it will have a B mode desigined from the start.

An expensive Tiana animatronic that only works part of the time. But it will be OK because I'm sure it will have a B mode desigined from the start.

Exactly.

I've been on ROR three times and never seen Kylo in A mode. I've been on Navi River Journey twice and never seen the Shaman operating either. It will be the same with Tiana especially if she's singing, dancing, etc.

I’ve seen it a few times. Absolutely loved it as a child. The stories told by Uncle Remus. He change my perceptions as I saw a black man as the hero of the story and that family in the narrative coming to grips with understanding that in the movie. The racism was broken by that family in the end through Uncle Remus. His story telling was awesome. And he was the first black man to receive an Oscar in 1948 for his performance. That movie didn’t set up boundaries… it broke them and should be celebrated for doing so.

As for World I wish they would build a "Bourbon Street" (Decatur or Magazine if you don't want Bourbon in MK). Pirates could be the beginning and re-theme the exteriors of that building as well as that whole pathway leading to Splash going past Tortuga and Golden Oak Outpost. Frontierland could get a new pathway leading to Big Thunder. Highly unlikely but would be awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter