Princess Birthday Party ideas!

jenniferma

DIS Veteran
Hey Everyone--

My DD4 had her birthday in October and we held a Princess Party for her. I wanted to share these ideas with everyone-- I got a lot of them from the internet, but thought it would be nice to have on the disboards in case anyone was looking here.

We had her party and invited four little girls plus her sister for a total of six girls. Just wanted to say that I wouldn't plan this party for kids much under 4-- all of her friends are younger and at three they just didn't have the attention span for the games. I would say 4-6 years old would be perfect!

For the invites I bought those do it yourself Hallmark princess invites at the Factory Card Outlet store and wrote: Our Little Princess is turning four, please join us for a Royal Ball at our Castle .... on .... .

I bought all the Princess paper products at Walmart and also picked up one of those plastic party posters (with the castle for photos and game below) at our local Factory Card Outlet. We decorated the party room with pink and light blue streamers and balloons.

I bought those foam crowns at Michaels and each of the games that we played revolved around getting a different jewel -- one for each Princess-- Ariel, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine, Snow White and Belle.

When the guests arrived-- we had them guess how many candies and dinglehoppers were in a jar and gave them each a green jewel for Ariel. (the winner also got to take home the jar). For Cinderella-- I made little flags with the girls names on them and they got to play "Pin the Flag on the Castle" and they each got a blue jewel for crown. I used the plastic party poster for the castle.

For Sleeping Beauty I took the spindle from my daughter's castle play set and the girls played a hot potato game only it was "don't touch the spindle". I played the music from Sleeping Beauty and turned it off and the girl with the spindle had to drop to the ground and "sleep". At the end of the game the last girl standing got to pass around hersheys "kisses" to wake them up. They each received a pink jewel for their crown.

The Jasmine game was "Jasmine's Carpet Ride" and it was like musical chairs only we used towels as Jasmine's carpets. (listening to "A Whole New World"). Each girl received a purple jewel.

For Snow White we played "Snow White's Charades" and each of the girls got to pull out the name of a Dwarf and pretend to act like that dwarf, receiving a white jewel.

Then we played "Beauty and the Beast" and asked the girls to dance like Belle to receive their last yellow jewel.

They made their tiaras and we also had a pull string pinata for the last activity. I made a Castle cake from the Wilson Enchanted Castle cake pan and then they opened gifts.

For the goodie bags I just bought some Princess lip glosses and rings at Walmart. I also made Princess wands out of rice krispie treats and a star cookie cutter. I also made Princess cds with the songs from the Disney Princess movies and had stickers made for the cds that said "thanks for coming to my party". I think the cds were a big hit, and I had been wanting to make these for my own kids for some time-- so it made me finally do it!
I also used the cds for the music during the party.

Anyhow-- sorry this is so long. If anyone would like to see photos of anything-- please let me know and I would be happy to send them to you.

have a great day!
jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter