Princess Half marathon questions

lisat723

Earning My Ears
Hi...this is my first year attending a runDisney event. One of my friends is running it for the first time and I'm going to follow along to cheer her, and everyone else, on!

Being a first timer...I have a few questions.

We are staying at Pop...what time should she get the bus? As a supporter do I need to go as early as she does, or would it make sense for me to wait a couple of hours and catch up with her after she's started?

What time does 1/2 marathon usually end? She is a beginner runner and is starting out in Corral O. Do we wait for her at Epcot? Where is the actual finish line?

With her later start from Corral O, will she have a hard time seeing characters?

How would I get from point A to point B to cheer the runners on? Not sure of where cheering locations are even located besides in the MK.

What's the best way to track her while she is running?

What else should I be prepared for? We are going to go to the MK for a little and than have an early dinner at 'Ohana at 3:30...though if she's not up for the walking around MK, she can just relax...

I know I have more questions, but those are what come immediately to mind...

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Lisa

With her later start from Corral O, will she have a hard time seeing characters?

She might. She's going to have to judge what her training pace has been and judge the length of the lines and make that call on the fly.

As a supporter do I need to go as early as she does, or would it make sense for me to wait a couple of hours and catch up with her after she's started?

Many supporters do go as early as their runners. But if her training pace has been at the 16 minute per mile range and she is starting in O it's possible you could get to the finish using a later bus.

Do we wait for her at Epcot? Where is the actual finish line?

Finish line is in the parking lot of Epcot. :)

What else should I be prepared for? We are going to go to the MK for a little and than have an early dinner at 'Ohana at 3:30...though if she's not up for the walking around MK, she can just relax...

Hopefully she knows how she has felt on her longer runs during training, and hopefully she has a plan. I know that I need to eat a bit, stretch a bit, pace and say OUCH a bit, change shoes and put arnica on my calves, get back to the room and shower or maybe take a bath. Then painfully get dressed and I can get on out for the day. She'll likely need some food long before 3:30, so be prepared for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter