~*~ Princess M's first visit early 5th birthday surprise! ~*~ 5n at Ft Wilderness: 4/29 - 5/4 2016!

Paigevon

Starchild~☆
Welcome, welcome, welcome to my first trip report! :tink:

This trip was essentially our first family trip, my second visit ever, and a surprise for our 4-year-old daughter as her early birthday present!

Things did not exactly go as planned, but everything was completely magical and I cannot wait to go back, and did not want to leave! I can't wait to gush with all of the details with friends that are as Disney-obsessed as I am!

Without further ado, let me begin with Introductions (with a little sneak peak shot at our first park day!)

13165981_10154772729886258_5218726419821584763_n_zps8lda0pw2.jpg

The girl in the blue dress to the left? That's me! *waves* :wave: HI!!! I'm Paige, the planner and obsessed! I am 25 years old, still a University student--majoring in Nutrition and Dietetics and planning to become a Registered Dietitian. I am about to be returning to work full-time after working part-time at a Group Fitness instructor (mostly aqua-aerobics) and Diabetes Prevention Coach the past few years. I may need to purchase a bumper sticker that says: "I work so I can Disney" because honestly, it was a huge contribution to my PRO-back to work list!

I went to Disney once as a pre-teen, but I barely remember it, and my job was to keep my little cousins in line. Here's a little secret... I wasn't too impressed, didn't get what the fuss was about, was bored, and thought Universal was more fun! ... BUT that was because it was the middle of the summer, we only road 3 rides, went to Crystal Palace during prime morning hours, and had huge long waits for those rides before my 3 year old cousin was crying to leave. AKA: ineffective touring plan!

When my daughter was 2, my mother and I discussed bringing her to Disney for her 5th birthday. In January of this year, I started researching to plan the best Disney vacation ever. I discovered so many helpful websites, but key was discovering this forum! I know that the trip would have been 100% different if I had not found everyone here! More on this later... :)

I had fallen in love with Disney before we even got there, and was blessed to have such a magical trip that made all the time I invested in planning more than worth it! :wizard:

Behind me is my husband, Matthew!

He had zero desire to go to Disney, but reluctantly agreed for mine and our daughter's sake! He came around as I gave him some details of the fun things we would be doing, but he still thought 6 days was too long and that he wouldn't care to come back except perhaps to see the Rivers of Light we were beyond disappointed to miss... since April 22nd was long passed... *cough* but probably not until Pandora opened. Although I planned to upgrading to AP on the trip, he thought it was a waste to do for him. He can be grumpy, but I promise he has redeeming qualities. Many people may think it was wrong of me to cater to his needs, but I knew I needed a great plan to keep him happy on the trip. Keep reading to find out if I'm successful... :scratchin

Our little girl, princess M, is featured in the Snow White dress!

She knew we were going on a family vacation to stay in a cabin, with a pool, which is what we have done the past two years, but she had no idea Disney was part of the plan!

... I say no idea, but it was dropped in front of her so many times, I figure she had some idea, but she did a very good job at pretending not to hear and making no indication she heard it mentioned! This seriously happened countless times! :laughing:

She is a 4 year old adventurer! She is a great combination of girly princess while still wanting to hike, camp and climb trees! She has wanted to be an "animal doctor" for almost two years now! Her favorite princesses also start with "Elsa, Cinderella" and end with every single one she can remember the name. Similarly, her favorite colors start with "Blue, pink, purple..." and trail off to include the rainbow!

I am so glad we didn't wait any longer for our first trip, because she still believed in some of the magic! :smickey:

My daughter's favorite park, so surprisingly, was Hollywood Studios!? You'll find out why soon! She promises me she loved them all, though!

Next to us is my father-in-law and mother-in-law

My father-in-law ended up having a very hard time on this trip due to bad knees. He had knee-replacement surgery in one a few years ago, and decided to finally schedule the second one after barely making it through two half-days on this trip. :( I wish he would have let us get him a wheel-chair. We're planning a trip for him when it cools off specifically to Animal Kingdom, the park he most wanted to visit but didn't make it to.

My mother in law also has arthritis in her feet and had a hard time keeping up. They own their own business and both ended up leaving early because work went crazy without them! She did have a great time though, and has 1 day left of her 4-day Florida resident tickets she is thinking about upgrading to a Weekday Select annual pass! Animal Kingdom was her favorite. :)

The mermaid to the right is my beautiful sister in law!

She just graduated with her Bachelors in Biomedical Science this week! Her last final ever was the day we left for Disney, so she was pretty exhausted on the trip from the hectic week before, and ended up coming down with a cold. :( Unfortunately the trip did not end up ideal for half of our party, but she is looking forward to returning for Food & Wine in September. Epcot was her favorite park! :flower3:

I will be updating soon with the details of the reveal and our arrival day!

Below will be links to future updates:

Arrival Day
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Last Day!

Thank you for stopping by!

:love:

Last edited:
following along! Disney with younger kids, i've learned, always adds that special bit of magic (my sister is 6 and we've been a few times with her) and especially first trips are always extra special! excited to hear more :goodvibes

joining in - love reading about first trips!

love your daughter's Snow White dress too!

yeah, I think we are all patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for Rivers of Light at this point ;)

Hi Paige, I'm Alison! Very excited to read along! I love that it was your daughter's first trip, and I love her Snow White dress - adorable!

following along! Disney with younger kids, i've learned, always adds that special bit of magic (my sister is 6 and we've been a few times with her) and especially first trips are always extra special! excited to hear more :goodvibes
Thank you for following along! :D It truly is magical seeing things through her eyes!

Yeah!!! So excited to hear about your trip!!
Welcome!! :)

joining in - love reading about first trips!

love your daughter's Snow White dress too!

yeah, I think we are all patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for Rivers of Light at this point ;)
Yay!

Thank you so much!

Yes, I was a midnight-stalk then back up at 6 am stalker because it was what my husband was most exciting in experiencing! It better be up when we go back for my birthday in September... please!

Hi Paige, I'm Alison! Very excited to read along! I love that it was your daughter's first trip, and I love her Snow White dress - adorable!
Hello Alison! Welcome! Thank you so much! :D

About to add my first update! I just started a new job so I've been a bit busy! :D I have another short trip coming up in 2 weeks, and we went for 1 night last week with complimentary DAH tickets!!! Perks of living 2 hr 45 minutes from Disney world. :) Just short enough to justify the drive! ;)

Here for the ride! Can't wait to read more. We are taking our girls for their first time in February and it's a surprise for them also. It's amazing how difficult it is to keep it a secret from kids. That and they don't find out before hand. I'm always accidentally dropping hints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter