Princess puts names on the door. Is that ok?

CM's could easily find out the name anyhow. I know that assaults and murders have happened on cruise ships. Generally, it is not because a total stranger knew someone's name. It is either an employee (who can probably access your information easily anyhow), someone in the travelling party, or someone met at a bar or something like that.
I think it is paranoid that knowing a name associated with a cabin number would end up in a serious issue.
Many, many people on DCL, for instance, voluntarily put their names on the doors. There are whole threads on the DIS about it and whole Etsy shops devoted to it.

I was just saying that crime happen even on a cruise ship.

If someone wants to get your kid's name they just have to sit or stand next to you for a few minutes. You will, undoubtedly, say his name.

I think it is paranoid that knowing a name associated with a cabin number would end up in a serious issue.

It is not really paranoid but might be a little overly cautious. Like I stated in an earlier post the concern is identity theft. It doesn’t take much to access someone’s information. Having your identity stolen can be a minor inconvenience or a major issue.

Sounds like you need to watch the opening of Ocean 8. Sure that is a movie, but you would be surprised what some people can do with a little info. In the movie it is unbelievably easy for her to get the couples identity and fool the hotel staff. That fictitious event may not cause much concern but a co-worker was accidentally let into someone else’s room (while they were in the shower). He left as soon as he realized the situation. I also was given a room at a hotel that was already occupied. I had access to the persons belongings since they were probably out to dinner but I also left right away. We were not even trying to gain access, so someone who is trying will likely be successful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter