Princess Weekend 2020

Well, looks like I am in for Princess weekend!! Super excited. Registered for the Fairy Tale Challenge today through Give Kids the World. Was getting jealous after seeing all the posts from Marathon weekend and couldn't pass up the opportunity when I saw a post on Facebook today about available bibs. Guess I don't have to wait til Star Wars weekend after all!
Guess I gotta kick the training into gear faster than I thought I would...

SAME! They were so late with Marathon Weekend though that I'm trying to convince myself that we won't know until the week of....

I love the medals so I'm really excited for the art on the merchandise! I have so many other expenses this year (was just asked to be a bridesmaid for a close friend and now have to figure out a location bachelorette party in March :faint: have to add that into the budget somehow) but I've also been looking forward to Princess for so long I don't want to be super frugal!

Ditto. I'm not a huge costume person.. but I would like something. Maybe I'll make a shirt or something. Flights I'm stressed about.. haven't booked yet and they are getting expensive, but I may have to stay in Orlando for work for a few days longer than my original plans and I'm anxiously waiting for confirmation on that.I'

I'm not big on cosutmes either. Does anyone have suggestions for those of us who aren't? Mouse ears maybe? I'm doing the 5K and this is my first Disney race of any kind.

Also, I'll be staying at POP so any suggestions on getting to EPCOT from POP on race day (what time I should leave, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not big on cosutmes either. Does anyone have suggestions for those of us who aren't? Mouse ears maybe? I'm doing the 5K and this is my first Disney race of any kind.

Also, I'll be staying at POP so any suggestions on getting to EPCOT from POP on race day (what time I should leave, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

Are you familiar with DisneyBound (www.disneybound.co)? The idea is regular clothing inspired by characters - for example, one year I did an orange shirt and striped dress for nemo (I couldn't find orange and white stripes). That's what I usually do - take the colors of the characters and wear running clothing in those colors.
I'm also a big fan of RawThreads, who make some cute character shirts, but they're part cotton and don't work well for everyone (but I ran the marathon in one of their shirts last year and was fine).

In terms of Pop to Epcot ... we're probably gonna be on one of the earlier buses, but I like getting character pictures pre-race. The event guide (whenever it comes out) will have a recommended last time for you to be on a bus.

Are you familiar with DisneyBound (www.disneybound.co)? The idea is regular clothing inspired by characters - for example, one year I did an orange shirt and striped dress for nemo (I couldn't find orange and white stripes). That's what I usually do - take the colors of the characters and wear running clothing in those colors.
I'm also a big fan of RawThreads, who make some cute character shirts, but they're part cotton and don't work well for everyone (but I ran the marathon in one of their shirts last year and was fine).

In terms of Pop to Epcot ... we're probably gonna be on one of the earlier buses, but I like getting character pictures pre-race. The event guide (whenever it comes out) will have a recommended last time for you to be on a bus.
I'm so excited! I love seeing everyone in their running costumes! I'm just wearing running tank that is Snow White "inspired" and yellow running skirt.🎀.

Yes!

But…. I also definitely need the the next few weeks to get some good runs in and also make all my costumes 🤦‍♀️ Don't know why I did this to myself! I've known for months what I wanted to dress up as and yet I've made nothing! oops!!

Happy to report that I've made some big changes on the costume front from last week! I have to go buy some fabric for my 5km costume but have one of the main pieces and my plan on how to put it all together, so fingers crossed a fabric store trip happens in the next few days. I shopped my closet and found a couple pieces for the 10km costume, took the piece I found at Value Village and reworked it into my skirt for the 10km and bought a prop at the dollar store. All I need for the 10km is to add a little bit of decoration. And for the half I found a tank in the right colour at The Running Room and took apart the tulle skirt I bought at Value Village last month to repurpose the fabric. I also need a couple pieces of fabric for this one from the store as well. All in all good progress!

Running… well, I have a plan on when I am going this weekend and also did a group fitness class with week but haven't officially ran since before Christmas ( oops!)

I'm doing good with stuff but princess is my Race of year. Job is being butthead about time off but that is nothing new, got part they had issue with covered. As for costumes Friend and I are doing apron w shirt/skirt for 5k as step sisters. 10k I was just gonna wear a costume from my stash but group I'm in wanted to do t shirts w various colored skirts for 10k so I'm joining fun and just realized I had planned same skirt for 5 and 10k so I gotta figure out something there. Half I'm all about comfort so usually do Raw threads shirt and running skirt but may use one of costume tops I just bought and running skirt.
Flights and room have been booked for awhile. Now it's just new running shoes and money for expo

I wore just ears for the 10k last time I did princess weekend (2015) and kind of did a Belle costume for the half. I may look for a tutu and have been browsing the raw threads page. I may just end up making my own shirt with my Cricut. Or I will literally do nothing haha, I haven't decided yet.

My friends and I want to dress as Disney Villains. I’m making a tutu for the half to go as Cruella. I’ve never made or worn a tutu so it may end up lasting all of a half mile or so, lol, but we will get a few pictures at least. We will see!

I’m just wearing standard running clothes for the 10k.

Ditto. I'm not a huge costume person.. but I would like something. Maybe I'll make a shirt or something. Flights I'm stressed about.. haven't booked yet and they are getting expensive, but I may have to stay in Orlando for work for a few days longer than my original plans and I'm anxiously waiting for confirmation on that.

1. Flights are probably crazy cause for new england, it's vacation week. Massachusetts has vacation the week before. New Hampshire the week after. So a lot of people fly to Florida for those 2 weeks. It's become a prime vacation time

2. I don't like to run it costumes, but my friends and I design shirts that match the theme.

1. Flights are probably crazy cause for new england, it's vacation week. Massachusetts has vacation the week before. New Hampshire the week after. So a lot of people fly to Florida for those 2 weeks. It's become a prime vacation time

2. I don't like to run it costumes, but my friends and I design shirts that match the theme.
Sounds like a busy week. I'm coming from Canada and that week is a typical break for most of our universities. And it's just generally expensive coming from the opposite side of a different country.

I'm sticking with the actual race themes for my costumes on this one. My mom and I are both being Moana for the 5k, for the 10k I'm being the "Colors of the Wind" and for the half I'm going as Cinderella. Moana will be the most costume-like cuz my mom walks so I'm not worried about needing any kind of performance fabric. Colors of the Wind is a running tank I already had, I made a tutu, and I will be cutting out leaves from fabric to attach to both. Cinderella was also a running tank I already had and I added some fabric to the shoulder area for her 'sleeves' and both Moana and Cinderella will have sparkle skirts with them.

Sounds like a busy week. I'm coming from Canada and that week is a typical break for most of our universities. And it's just generally expensive coming from the opposite side of a different country.

I'm coming from Europe so I had to book flights in advance; a last minute flight could cost upwards of 2000 euros! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter