Princess Weekend 2020

Dooney and Bourke preview is out for Princess. Only two options, as there is no wallet this year.

https://disneydooney.com/princess-half-marathon-2020-disney-dooney-and-bourke/
They are available for pre-order with the rest of the race merchandise.

I think it's cute, but I'm not sure I'll get anything. I did not like last year's design much, so I wasn't even tempted then.

This will only be my second year running the Princess Half, but it's still so weird to me that they are showing all the merchandise now. Last year we didn't get to see anything until much closer to race time.

Not that it has anything to do with our race, but did anyone see the medals for the Paris races? They are so nice looking. I loved the 1/2 marathon one.

Now that the Dooneys are already listed I have got serious FOMO going on. I started researching travel agent bibs since I'm going to wait to commit as long as possible this time. I've been out of the loop though, have things changed with the travel providers? I thought you could cancel/transfer up to a certain date if you booked that way, but it doesn't look like that is the case any more.

Now that the Dooneys are already listed I have got serious FOMO going on. I started researching travel agent bibs since I'm going to wait to commit as long as possible this time. I've been out of the loop though, have things changed with the travel providers? I thought you could cancel/transfer up to a certain date if you booked that way, but it doesn't look like that is the case any more.

Yep. New for this year, I think. No transfers or cancellation, even with a TA.

Yep. New for this year, I think. No transfers or cancellation, even with a TA.

Thanks for the reply. That's a bummer though. Do you know if they have changed the availability of bibs for the TAs? I wonder how long I can hold off before I have to make a decision?

I think it's cute, but I'm not sure I'll get anything. I did not like last year's design much, so I wasn't even tempted then.

This will only be my second year running the Princess Half, but it's still so weird to me that they are showing all the merchandise now. Last year we didn't get to see anything until much closer to race time.

Not that it has anything to do with our race, but did anyone see the medals for the Paris races? They are so nice looking. I loved the 1/2 marathon one.

I'm doing the half in DLP and it will be my Castle to Chateau Challenge! I am SO EXCITED!!!

Hopefully the actual medals for Princess 2020 will be just as good!

Just booked my tentative hotel/dates for Princess - wow are rates out of control compared to every other trip I have taken in the last few years. I know discounts haven't been released yet but rack is up there. I was hoping to make this a 7 night trip and cancel my September week but now I am not sure.

Just booked my tentative hotel/dates for Princess - wow are rates out of control compared to every other trip I have taken in the last few years. I know discounts haven't been released yet but rack is up there. I was hoping to make this a 7 night trip and cancel my September week but now I am not sure.

Prices ARE crazy but Disney justifies it with the Skyliner and GE being open. They just jacked the annual pass rates last night too with the biggest hike on record; $200 EXTRA for a Platinum pass which is crazy! I love you Disney but enough please...
:(

Prices ARE crazy but Disney justifies it with the Skyliner and GE being open. They just jacked the annual pass rates last night too with the biggest hike on record; $200 EXTRA for a Platinum pass which is crazy! I love you Disney but enough please...
:(
I read about the AP - I was considering upgrading my Feb tickets to an AP as I have a wedding there in May and would like to try getting a November trip in but now I am not so sure.

Thanks for the reply. That's a bummer though. Do you know if they have changed the availability of bibs for the TAs? I wonder how long I can hold off before I have to make a decision?

As far as I know, availability hasn't changed, but it's possible that it did change and I just hadn't heard. I know last year some TAs (including the one I had used for marathon weekend) had bibs for the half (and possibly challenge?) available until early February, maybe even later. But last year the race didn't sell out. So I'd say you still have some time to decide.

I just looked at prices, haven't booked yet ... I'm looking at Thursday through Monday and the All-Stars are over $200/night. My dreams of staying deluxe are definitely dead. I'm very not happy with these prices.

And this is why I'm not even considering renewing my AP. I probably wasn't going to do it anyway because I only have 1 trip planned for next year (this one), but with the price jump ... definite no. That is a crazy price jump.

I'm going with a group of 4 to run the 5k and Princess Challenge our first time:love: We are staying at the Shades of Green as on of my friends is retired military. When she booked us back in March they stated our check out day has to be the day of the Princess 1/2 Marathon, I thought this was odd. Has this happened to anyone else? Would you do a split stay at another Disney Resort? Thanks in advance for your advise. Thanks :flower1:

I agree that it’s weird. This will be our...5th??? year, and while it’s good (budgeting, expectations, etc), it’s bizarre.

I think things are already selling out with them, so...maybe not much time?

When she booked us back in March they stated our check out day has to be the day of the Princess 1/2 Marathon, I thought this was odd.

Sounds odd to me, too.

I'm going with a group of 4 to run the 5k and Princess Challenge our first time:love: We are staying at the Shades of Green as on of my friends is retired military. When she booked us back in March they stated our check out day has to be the day of the Princess 1/2 Marathon, I thought this was odd. Has this happened to anyone else? Would you do a split stay at another Disney Resort? Thanks in advance for your advise. Thanks :flower1:

We always stay at Shades for Princess, and never had to leave on Sunday (day of the half). We check out on Monday or Tuesday. It is a busy weekend though and it books out in advance. Is it possible they don't have any availability for Monday? You can check their website to see.

I am not a big poster but I am running my
Second princess in 2020. This is the first time I will run a half alone! :( Definitely intimidated as I just
Started running 10 months ago. Any tips from solo runners?!

Second princess in 2020. This is the first time I will run a half alone! :( Definitely intimidated as I just

This will be my first Princess and I'm running solo also. Not my first half but my first Disney race. So excited but a little intimidated also to navigate the whole process by myself.

This will be my first Princess and I'm running solo also. Not my first half but my first Disney race. So excited but a little intimidated also to navigate the whole process by myself.
This will be my first race too! I’m running the 5k with my son but I will be solo for the challenge. Like you said, I too am excited and a little intimidated about navigating through this process

Also solo for the challenge! I did W&D last year by myself and had fun. I tend to like running alone because I can run my own race, but it was nice chatting with people before and in lines for photos :)

Last year was my first RunDisney experience, my dh came to wdw with me but has no interest in running. I knew of a couple people that were also doing the race (looking at you @CassieRuns :) and some instagramers I follow). I was very surprised that with the race weekend being such a massive event how many people I actually ran into, so you never know! You could make a friend through these forums and then find yourself in line together waiting for the expo store.

As a solo runner the best piece of advice I can give you is smile and be open to all the magic. When your running by yourself you can do exactly what you want! Feel like stopping and take a photo of each mile marker- you can! Need to take a walking break- go for it! Want to swing into a washroom during the last mile to put on lipgloss- you get to! (all the above where actual things I did at Princess 2019)

At the pre race party and photo lines everyone is full of excitement and nerves, share a smile and strike up a convo with those around you. For the 10 km last year part of my costume included a pillbox hat, that I didnt think through how to attach to my head by myself at 3 am. So when I got into my first line for a character photo at the pre race I asked the girl in front of me if she could stab me with bobby pins haha! She went for it, and we ended up hanging out for the rest of the time till we went to the corrals. She did a great job with the hat too, it stayed in the whole time!

Between here and blogs/vlogs from people who have run previous years, I am sure you'll be able to find all the info (and more) to make this weekend an incredible experience!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter