Princess Weekend 2020

Thanks for the reply. That's a bummer though. Do you know if they have changed the availability of bibs for the TAs? I wonder how long I can hold off before I have to make a decision?

There are still some charities that have bibs for 5k and 10k, but as far as I know TA's are out unless someone is hoarding some haha. RunDisney is completely sold out of 5k and 10k packages with a resort reservation, but was full up on the half marathon and challenge when I spoke with them earlier in the week. I'd say you probably have SOME time, but better late than never! TA's had the ability to book race/resort packages before 2020 rates were released and some people got better rates. I had someone yesterday who wanted to add dining and tickets, and RunDisney tried to tell me that the price was going to be $600 higher than originally booked because 2020 rates were released! I got them to change it back but still, 2020 prices are a kick in the rear during some periods.

This is my first time running the 1/2 marathon... any recommendations on the best place to stay for the race weekend? Thanks so much!

This is my first time running the 1/2 marathon... any recommendations on the best place to stay for the race weekend? Thanks so much!
I have a condo booked, off-site from Thursday to Thursday. Dd is with me due to her being in a wedding. But I prefer to be on-site for races. So, I booked Boardwalk (my DVC home resort) for Friday and Saturday nights. That way I can just hop on the bus and go directly to the corrals, vs driving myself. Resorts tend to book up quickly for race weekends, so I would make a decision soon and book.
It's my first 10k and half.....running the 10 with my dd but on my own for the half. Not sure why I thought this was a good idea!!!!

I ran my first Princess solo (all 3 races) and ended up having the BEST time!!! I made friends with a bunch of people and took my time to hit up every photo op! When I wanted to quit, complete strangers started cheering and high fiving me as I ran by. I can't even begin to explain how magical this race is and I promise you... you will never FEEL alone!

AND you NEVER know where it could lead.... @[U]MermaidLagoonResident[/U] and I are now friends and running the Castle to Chateau Challenge together in Paris this fall. We are also doing Princess 2020 soooo.... here's to lifelong Princess friends!!! :lovestruc

Running solo was the BEST decision I have ever made!

I ran my first Princess solo (all 3 races) and ended up having the BEST time!!! I made friends with a bunch of people and took my time to hit up every photo op! When I wanted to quit, complete strangers started cheering and high fiving me as I ran by. I can't even begin to explain how magical this race is and I promise you... you will never FEEL alone!

AND you NEVER know where it could lead.... @[U]MermaidLagoonResident[/U] and I are now friends and running the Castle to Chateau Challenge together in Paris this fall. We are also doing Princess 2020 soooo.... here's to lifelong Princess friends!!! :lovestruc

Running solo was the BEST decision I have ever made!

@CassieRuns That Castle to Chateau Medal will be ours!!! :love:

(and then we get to revisit the magic all over again at Princess 2020!)

Does anyone know if they offer room-only discounts during race weekend? Debating about where to stay....

Does anyone know if they offer room-only discounts during race weekend? Debating about where to stay....

Most likely later this fall. I'd recommend booking early and then getting the discounts that come out applied. Try a TA if you don't want to stress about it

There’s no perfect place.

For the Half if you stay at a monorail resort, that'll be your transportation that morning.

Stay at an Epcot resort and you take the bus there in the morning, but IF you have a ticket (and a hopper if you have non-Epcot plans later that day) you can walk back to the resort through Epcot.

Stay elsewhere and its all buses OR rideshare/taxi OR rental car. (The last two can be used for the other resorts as well, of course)

Values and moderates tend to have runner breakfast boxes for purchase the day before. Bay Lake has NOT. Boardwalk did not. Not a huge deal for me as we have a car and get our own food, but not everyone does that.

I was sent the themes for this race this afternoon. Hope they are true. My daughter and I are going to have another great weekend!!! Time to work on the "dress" :lmao:

I'm guessing you'll be Cinderella and your daughter will be Prince Charming? I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the dress!

I'm guessing you'll be Cinderella and your daughter will be Prince Charming? I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the dress!

You know it. Just have to see if any friends that are running it was to go as Jaq or Gus. :)

Anyone have advice on how to connect with a pace group prior to the race? I'm not talking the official run-walk ones, just generally people that want to run similar times. Perhaps there's a post or thread somewhere else in existence. This will be my 4th RunDisney half and I always end up alone!

When I signed up when the Princess Registration opened, I registered DD and I for the 5km and myself for the half. I knew I should've just clicked the Challenge (I knew it - I knew it - I knew it) because I changed my mind and registered for the Challenge! :tilt: So |I then emailed runDisney and asked for the refund for the half (minus the fee - ugh). The website indicated that I'd hear a response in 3 business days. For other who have done this, what is the typical turn around time? Just curious :)

When I signed up when the Princess Registration opened, I registered DD and I for the 5km and myself for the half. I knew I should've just clicked the Challenge (I knew it - I knew it - I knew it) because I changed my mind and registered for the Challenge! :tilt: So |I then emailed runDisney and asked for the refund for the half (minus the fee - ugh). The website indicated that I'd hear a response in 3 business days. For other who have done this, what is the typical turn around time? Just curious :)
After I submitted the Transfer Request Form (this was for Marathon Weekend), the refund was posted to my credit card 2 days later.

Anyone have advice on how to connect with a pace group prior to the race? I'm not talking the official run-walk ones, just generally people that want to run similar times. Perhaps there's a post or thread somewhere else in existence. This will be my 4th RunDisney half and I always end up alone!

For Marathon Weekend, we usually make something like this (see attached). So then anyone who wants to be on the list can. It then shows what corral everyone was in, what their expected pace was, whether they planned to come to a pre-race meetup and where they planned to line up in the corral at. After that, the spreadsheet calculated for other purposes your estimated times at different places on course. It's a way to find others with similar corrals and expected paces. It's not something that we usually put together until corral info is released though.

Attachments

• 2018 Marathon Weekend DIS List v2017_12_28 FINAL 2.pdf
    963.1 KB · Views: 20

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!