Princess Weekend 2021

i opted for the medal-only option as well because of the negative reviews of the recent shirts. i'm crossing fingers they do a spirit jersey like the did for star wars (it was on shopdisney) or i'm going to spend WAY too much time on etsy.
This brings up another thought I had.

Since things are turning virtual, what do you all think the chances of race merch are going forward? Slim? None?

Like the above poster, I thought of the two rD SW Spirit Jerseys that made to shopdisney after SWRR was cancelled. But I wondered if they were put up because they were already made and/or there's no mention of SWRR on it.

I mean, if they did pre-orders on shopdisney for shirts or whatever like they used to do way back when for the SW Virtual Half, why wouldn't they be able to offer something? :scratchin

View attachment 527737

I'm pretty sure the digital gift card says $235 in the email. You think they'll honor the $325 gift card if I select this option now?
I noticed this mistake right away too....made me hesitate for a 2nd wondering if they would actually honor it but I don't really want a 235 or 325 gift card anyhow, so I just took my refund instead.

This brings up another thought I had.

Since things are turning virtual, what do you all think the chances of race merch are going forward? Slim? None?

I mean, if they did pre-orders on shopdisney for shirts or whatever like they used to do way back when for the SW Virtual Half, why wouldn't they be able to offer something? :scratchin

I think they cancelled all of the merch for W/D

Isn't this set of races the first one they had added spirit jerseys to the pre-order page? I REEEEAAAAALLLLY hope they still make one. My biggest hangup from ordering from etsy is that it's nearly always HTV and i vastly prefer screen-print or sub-dyed stuff because it doesn't crack/peel after a few washes (which anything HTV I've gotten has done unless I baby it)

The SWW shirts said stuff like "run with the resistance" so SORT OF rundisney themed??

I did the math to figure out the difference of medal only vs medal + shirt for those doing a new registration:

5K Shirt = $35
10K Shirt = $40
Half Shirt = $49
Challenge, 1 Shirt = $39
Challenge, 3 Shirt = $78 (~$26 each)

I guess its more or less on par with what a runDisney shirt costs at the Expo, but I still don't understand the reasoning behind the tiered pricing for the different distances when you are still getting the same thing (shirt + medal) at every level (minus the challenge of course). To me, that is what makes it ridiculous, lol

I agree and it really bothers me that they are charging increased prices for longer race distances when the virtual package remains the same regardless of distance.
I do like the option of medal only vs. medal + shirt.
We can justify increased cost for longer races in-person, as you need more staffing, more support services for longer amount of time, extra food/water stations, etc but it seems very greedy for a virtual race. For me $40(5k medal only price) is acceptable, most other virtuals that would even include a tech shirt but whatever. But for Disney to want $9 more for the 10k(medal only) or $19 more for the half, when the only difference is a few extra graphics for digital mile markers(that you print yourself), it seems ridiculous. And the price difference is more profound for the shirt option ($14 and $35 respectively, compared to 5k). Maybe there is something I am missing??

You know I have never thought of doing that, and I honestly wondered why people buy medals from ebay. Wasn't sure if it was a collectors thing or what. But now that you say it like that it makes sense; if you participate on race day virtually, I guess it'd be the same thing. :scratchin

This is also a (small) part of the reason I signed up for this one virtually. Princess is in a hard spot because I volunteer at WDW Marathon Weekend every year and with work the reality is it would be difficult for me to do semi back-to-back trips like that. Aside from the fact that Princess is notoriously impossible to get into -- registration for SWRR stresses me out enough as it is lol

Though I still do hope to do one of each runDisney race - in person - one day. :)
I think it's more likely to be collectors. Especially when runners can sometimes be particular about what constitutes a running accomplishment. I don't consider myself to have finished the 2019 Princess Half because I could not be there, but I do consider the medal to be earned because I put in 13.1 miles. It's a semantics thing and I'm sure the ebay sellers are happy about it. I'm happy to now have a medal with Sleeping Beauty Castle on from the Disneyland Half races that I ran and a medal with Sleeping Beauty herself on it.
I think it's possible. It's a very popular weekend featuring very popular characters this year. I don't know that we'll see the usual wide assortment of various race weekend items, but it would not surprise me if they did some pins and maybe an I did it shirt.

Has everyone received an email to cancel the race? I haven't heard anything from Run Disney yet...I guess I will call tomorrow

Does anyone know if I can ship the medals to an address other than my home?

I'd like to ship them to my daughters house in FL since we are still going down there for vacation.

I'd like to ship them to my daughters house in FL since we are still going down there for vacation.
For every virtual event I've done, I've had them sent to my office. I registered my nephew for a virtual 5K one year and had them send the medal to his home.

Yes you can change the address just do it asap.

Go to rundisney.com
Go to the Help and Support Tab then select manage account
Login with the MDE account
Select the race you are doing and change the address to hers

I did this for the Virtual 5k Summer series. Changed it from my old address to my new one and got my medals.

For every virtual event I've done, I've had them sent to my office. I registered my nephew for a virtual 5K one year and had them send the medal to his home.
Yes you can change the address just do it asap.

Go to rundisney.com
Go to the Help and Support Tab then select manage account
Login with the MDE account
Select the race you are doing and change the address to hers

I did this for the Virtual 5k Summer series. Changed it from my old address to my new one and got my medals.

Thanks! I kind of figured it would be ok. But was hoping for some reassurance! 😊

I went for the refund. I wasn’t actually all that tempted since neither the shirt or medal really did it for me. Interestingly I received a second email today giving me the option to change my response.

I went for the refund. I wasn’t actually all that tempted since neither the shirt or medal really did it for me. Interestingly I received a second email today giving me the option to change my response.

I just received a second email too. So strange. Of course it says they are not sending an email confirmation. Hopefully this refund process goes smoother than the AP refund process has been.

Did either of you get your AP refunds yet?

My family had three APs. All DVC gold. I only canceled my DD's as I was hoping for an extension of the other two to cover our September trip, which actually worked out well for us. My DD's pass expired in May during the closed period. It never received any extensions, and it has disappeared from my account. I have not received any refund yet.

I'm going to have to break down and call soon. DD and I are still planning to go in Jan (which should have been our marathon trip). I am hoping that I can get a new AP for her to cover a few trips next year. I really don't want to buy a ticket in case they don't allow upgrades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter