Princess Weekend 2021

Are memory maker shares a thing for race weekend? Right now SIL and I are only doing the 10k, and $170 is a lot for race-only pics (we are not going to the parks.) If discussing these here isn’t allowed I’ll delete this portion of my comment.

OR can you go through and just purchase individual race photos like you can with in-park pics?
I did the 10k race last year and ended up buying the one day Photo Pass option through the MDE app. I think it was $70, but when I did the math it worked out in my favor because I got a few pictures from our time inside the parks that day too. I've never shared a Memory Maker, but it seems like a smart idea so long as you trust the person you are syncing up with!

Question for the group: On the rD website it says "Challenge participants must complete all required races within the pacing requirements in order to receive their Challenge Medals". Let's say you finish over the 16 minute/mile pace but still cross in front of the balloon ladies, do you still qualify for the Challenge medal? I ask because I plan on doing lots of character stops and may be over (I was over last year for the 10K). Fairy Tale will be my first challenge and I know they are strict about giving out the Challenge medals. Many thanks in advance!

I think it just means not getting swept but I’ve only ever done 5& 10ks with RunDisney so I could be wrong

Question for the group: On the rD website it says "Challenge participants must complete all required races within the pacing requirements in order to receive their Challenge Medals". Let's say you finish over the 16 minute/mile pace but still cross in front of the balloon ladies, do you still qualify for the Challenge medal? I ask because I plan on doing lots of character stops and may be over (I was over last year for the 10K). Fairy Tale will be my first challenge and I know they are strict about giving out the Challenge medals. Many thanks in advance!

As long as you finish both races without getting swept, you’ll get the challenge medal. They don’t check pace, just that it was actually you that completed both races.

Southwest opened flights today. The prices are definitely higher than I wanted. Oh well. I had Luv vouchers and travel funds to use so it wasn't too bad out of pocket.

When I was lucky enough to get a 10k bib for next year's Princess weekend, I was ecstatic, and immediately booked 11 nights at All Stars Music and a 14 day ticket (UK only). However there are too many reasons now for me not to travel to WDW at the moment and it's not to do with the risk of catching COVID but the consequences of the virus on WDW. That's not to say they are not right, but they are just not right for me.

Park hopping - all UK tickets come with park hopping, so we park hop alot usually visiting two parks a day after a break at the resort, visiting one park for EMH, then visiting another in the evening for a show or to dine.

EMH - the main reason we stay on site. We are very early risers and always following morning EMH throughout our trip. Not being able to enter a park until possibly 11am is a waste of a morning for me.

Resort hopping - we often visit different resorts to shop, explore and sometimes dine (but mainly in their QS for snacks) but that's out as you now need an ADR to enter another resort.

Fastpasses - another reason to stay on site - the 60 day window. Now these have been suspended, it's another reason not to pay Disney resort prices, when most of the on-site benefits don't exist at the present time.

Water parks - the UK ticket covers all 6 parks, and coming from a cold country we enjoy the water parks no matter what the weather as cool days in Florida are still warmer than the north of England in summer. These remain closed with no date currently given for re-opening. I've paid for a 6 park ticket so feel a little peeved it's the same price to purchase. Granted they may open by February but if not, I can't see Disney giving me a part-refund.

I have until Christmas Eve when my final balance is due, but I think I'm already resigned to not going.

I hope hope hope this race happens. Out of the blue, an in person 5k popped on my radar for today and I was able to get a spot and run! My first race ever and it gave me a teeny tiny taste of what Princess could look like. I’m so beat today but proud that I was able to RUN!

I hope hope hope this race happens. Out of the blue, an in person 5k popped on my radar for today and I was able to get a spot and run! My first race ever and it gave me a teeny tiny taste of what Princess could look like. I’m so beat today but proud that I was able to RUN!

you’re running with your cousins, right?

how is the training going?!!

Well this sucks. GOOD THING I DIDN'T USE MY AIRLINE VOUCHERS YET! Seriously. That was on my list of things to do today: buy the tickets for the flight down. I'm so disappointed, but it's obviously understandable given the current circumstances. Ugh. And I even like the meal for the 10k I was signed up for. A virtual in northern Michigan in the winter just isn't going to happen.

me too.
My group has our plane tickets, hotel room, park ticket, park reservation

And most importantly, my group has been running!
so bummed
We have everything too. Hopefully we will still go and have fun and get a ceremonial run in. Maybe even do the virtual race on race day.

So disappointed! I was just telling my wife yesterday that we'd be doing the half marathon five months from 'today.'

We were just going to go for the weekend (Friday to Sunday) from Pennsylvania, so we'll likely cancel the trip.

I was scheduled for the Marathon in Jan and the Challenge in Feb. I've got flights and DVC rooms booked. I'm so bummed right now. I'm scheduled to do 10 miles this weekend for marathon training. :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!