Prioritize Maingate over Comp

Lmo18

Earning My Ears
I am a Cast Member and have a comp ticket assigned to me on MDE. If I tap my Main Gate pass which is connected to MDE, will it prioritize the main gate over the comp ticket, right? Or do I need to go to ticket or GR window first?

saving the comp ticket for a self admission blockout day.

I don't know when you're planning to go but I would check the blockout dates calendar for the park that you're visiting. If it's the regular "One-Day Park Hopper Guest" ticket that most CMs get, they do have blockout days. The dates vary from park to park. For instance, the one day Guest ticket is blocked out at DHS for all of Dec and Jan.

Last edited:
That block is not the regular one day comps that CMs get distributed twice a year. (The regular comps are rarely blocked, but never say never). It is confusing on the block out calendar, but I have been told that calendar does not indicate the "normal" one day comps. It is for some kind that the college program kids or seasonals get. (?)

I usually ask about the priority of my passes, but they always tell that is uses the MEP/self admission first. I still worry though.

That block is not the regular one day comps that CMs get distributed twice a year. (The regular comps are rarely blocked, but never say never). It is confusing on the block out calendar, but I have been told that calendar does not indicate the "normal" one day comps. It is for some kind that the college program kids or seasonals get. (?)
Good to know, wish they'd clarify that.

Winter/Spring comp has zero blockouts. The Chip n Dale's do have blockouts and are the ones I think being confused with the Winter/Spring Comps. My parents are CMs, and we used Comps to get into HS on 12/5. My parents tried assigning their tickets to their MDE accounts, but their main gate overrode it and blocked them. (My husband and I were ok with the comps being linked, not being CMs.) You need to go get a hard ticket, then you're good to go. Everyone was able to get in 12/5. If you're going to try riding RotR, and boarding groups are still being used, you'll have to get a boarding group from Guest Experience. Very fast and easy to do, though.

@Lmo18 ~ Add a fake name or Ticket Saver Profile and reassign the ticket there until you need it. Then just reassign it back to you.

@Lmo18 ~ Add a fake name or Ticket Saver Profile and reassign the ticket there until you need it. Then just reassign it back to you.

Won't it still block them from HS though? That was the issue my parents had. They could assign it to themselves, but when they tried to make FP for HS, they were blocked.

If they keep the comp on a separate Profile, it shouldn’t be blocked.

I was just trying to let them know they don’t have to Prioritize that comp when they can move it without needing any assistance.

If they keep the comp on a separate Profile, it shouldn’t be blocked.

I was just trying to let them know they don’t have to Prioritize that comp when they can move it without needing any assistance.

Ah, ok. I don't truly understand it all myself, just don't want them to show up to a blocked park and get a blue ring, especially if they were going to HS.

Also learned about stacking tickets this last go around, which my husband accidentally did, somehow linking his media to my account even though it was all on my father's account. IDK. That one still confuses me too, lol.

I have an ap (not active) in my account but my main gate has been prioritized to always go first or at least that is how it has worked for a year or so.
I plan to use one of my comp tickets for the first time on dec 21 to ride rise of the residence (planning to get there crazy early because comp tickets are too valuable to burn). I plan to load that ticket the day before just to make sure ... we can’t afford any hiccups that morning !!!!!
My husband and kids all have platinum aps because we are way too addicted 🤣

I have heard of some people not being able to get fast passes with comp tickets unless they also have a room with other guests that have real tickets (that is the case for us at New Years and I had no issues at 60 days out)

it is complicated but you can always call the cm ticket line for any help or questions ... they are SUPER nice and helpful !!!!!

I am a Cast Member and have a comp ticket assigned to me on MDE. If I tap my Main Gate pass which is connected to MDE, will it prioritize the main gate over the comp ticket, right? Or do I need to go to ticket or GR window first?

UPDATE: Thanks for everyone with their replies. I ended up assigning the comp ticket to another person on my account temporarily so I can use my main gate on Saturday at Epcot. Then I assigned that comp ticket back to me afterwards. The comp tickets parks CMs get are usually good anytime no blockout . The ones listed on the blockout page are comps given to third party employees I believe.
I was able to go to DHS yesterday with no issues. I tapped my Magic band and it recognized my ticket on my MDE and not my main gate. Once tapped into the park is when you can back your boarding group res in MDE. We got in at 630am,got into group18 and then received a notification at 715 to return to Rise. Once in it was a short wait maybe 15 minutes. The attraction was awesome felt like I was part of the Star Wars universe!

UPDATE: Thanks for everyone with their replies. I ended up assigning the comp ticket to another person on my account temporarily so I can use my main gate on Saturday at Epcot. Then I assigned that comp ticket back to me afterwards. The comp tickets parks CMs get are usually good anytime no blockout . The ones listed on the blockout page are comps given to third party employees I believe.
I was able to go to DHS yesterday with no issues. I tapped my Magic band and it recognized my ticket on my MDE and not my main gate. Once tapped into the park is when you can back your boarding group res in MDE. We got in at 630am,got into group18 and then received a notification at 715 to return to Rise. Once in it was a short wait maybe 15 minutes. The attraction was awesome felt like I was part of the Star Wars universe!

I'm glad it all worked out!

And yes you are right, the one day park hopper listed on blockout dates is not the same as the comps given to part time and above CM. They're the Chip N Dale tickets that are given to seasonal CM and contract workers. It seems that, per my parents conversations with other CM, there is a lot of confusion as to which are blocked, and many believe that all comps are blocked.

Now the question for me is how long are CMs going to be blocked from HS? We go back in May, and if I have to leave my parents behind to ride RotR again, I'm going to have to 😂. There's only so many comps left, and now that they went seasonal a year ago, no more comps are coming their way except the Chip N Dale's. Rough life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!