Priority card Disneyland Paris with Asperger's/Autism and giving a gift to a character

Jo Lenfo

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I have Asperger's and want to plan my trip to Disneyland Paris with my mom as soon as the park is open again.

Now I did hear about a priority pass for people with autism and disabilities that can be used for rides, does this also count for meeting Disney characters?

Also I made a gift for a few Disney characters but it is audio. Is it possible to put it on a sticky and give it to them or writing a link down where they can listen online?

I have never had the joy of traveling to DLP, so I don't know anything about any accommodations that they may offer, but about your gift:

I don't know if they will be allowed to receive a "gift" but I like your idea 🙂

If I were you, I would make little business-card sized cards, and print the address on there, and make sure it says something like "A special gift for you" or "My greeting to you!" or similar. You could decorate the cards with artwork, or whatever you like (as long as it's Disney-appropriate 🙂 )

That way, the Character Attendant can slip it into a pocket for them to retrieve later, when they are backstage.

Hi everyone!

I have Asperger's and want to plan my trip to Disneyland Paris with my mom as soon as the park is open again.

Now I did hear about a priority pass for people with autism and disabilities that can be used for rides, does this also count for meeting Disney characters?

Also I made a gift for a few Disney characters but it is audio. Is it possible to put it on a sticky and give it to them or writing a link down where they can listen online?

I am making the assumption that you are from the US, so please forgive me if that is correct. I made that assumption because the Disneyland Paris website asks where one is from, so I chose Americas/United States and that is the guest these links are aimed for.

The Disneyland Paris website has some information pages for guests with disabilities/special needs.

This is their general one: https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/guest-services/guests-with-disabilities/ It has several links to more detailed information off of it.

This their one for guests with "Visitors with Mental or Cognitive Disabilities :" https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/guest-services/guests-with-mental-or-cognitive-disabilities/

The second link has information about their two types of Access Cards, including the documentation that is required for each.

SW

I have never had the joy of traveling to DLP, so I don't know anything about any accommodations that they may offer, but about your gift:

I don't know if they will be allowed to receive a "gift" but I like your idea 🙂

If I were you, I would make little business-card sized cards, and print the address on there, and make sure it says something like "A special gift for you" or "My greeting to you!" or similar. You could decorate the cards with artwork, or whatever you like (as long as it's Disney-appropriate 🙂 )

That way, the Character Attendant can slip it into a pocket for them to retrieve later, when they are backstage.

I think that's a great idea. A card with the adres of my YouTube channel I recently started where they can find the songs for them and I plan to play more Disney songs on there. Thanks for the advice!!!

I am making the assumption that you are from the US, so please forgive me if that is correct. I made that assumption because the Disneyland Paris website asks where one is from, so I chose Americas/United States and that is the guest these links are aimed for.

The Disneyland Paris website has some information pages for guests with disabilities/special needs.

This is their general one: https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/guest-services/guests-with-disabilities/ It has several links to more detailed information off of it.

This their one for guests with "Visitors with Mental or Cognitive Disabilities :" https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/guest-services/guests-with-mental-or-cognitive-disabilities/

The second link has information about their two types of Access Cards, including the documentation that is required for each.

SW

I'm from the Netherlands and did look at the site and got some info but not all the info I searched for but there is more info in your last link and some good Tips like this one "Free Disney Parks admission ticket for one helper on presentation of official documents recognizing the guest’s disability."

Thanks for the help guys! :thumbsup2

At DLP the disability access pass was great at providing accomodations for rides but not characters. They use a different system that did not work well for our family. We were able to reserve a time through the regular process for one character, but could not get there during the hour allotted. We stopped by later and they kindly allowed us to visit, even though our reserved time has passed.

My son enjoys meeting characters as well, but we saw very few during that trip compared to other parks. Review their procedures in advance.

Hey fellow Dutchie :)

There is a section on this board dedicated to Disneyland Paris. I never have used these passes, but a thread I found that might be helpful, it has information about characters as well.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-parks-with-an-adult-wheelchair-user.3765232/

Toch nog meer Nederlanders hier, leuk en bedankt voor de link! (nice to see more dutch people and thanks for the link!)

At DLP the disability access pass was great at providing accomodations for rides but not characters. They use a different system that did not work well for our family. We were able to reserve a time through the regular process for one character, but could not get there during the hour allotted. We stopped by later and they kindly allowed us to visit, even though our reserved time has passed.

My son enjoys meeting characters as well, but we saw very few during that trip compared to other parks. Review their procedures in advance.

So from what I understand from the replies and link. Its good to plan what characters you want to meet in advance and be early. DisMommyTX, when was your trip to Disneyland Paris? Maybe things have changed over time?

I know there are at least 4 Dutch people on this board, including me and you ;-) There are probably more, but I know of 4 :)
Yes, for characters, best to get there early, as there is limited time slots available. When the parks re-open, I wouldn't book instantly, what we hear from Shanghai there won't be characters meeting or other entertainment from the start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter