Private Table

Dads Dream

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I requested a private dinning table for DH, DD and myself for our up coming cruise 5/18. We have figured that after checking in we will go directly to Parrot Cay and check out our table assignment. Does anyone know how to proceed if our request has not been fulfilled? Also has anyone had success with such a request?
DD would freak out if we had to share a table with strangers!:eek:

Thanks.

There will be a time and place listed in your Personal Navigator to make dining change requests. You can go there and see what can be done. Typically families of three (we are one too) are put with other families of three, but they may be able to accommodate your request for a table for four (they won't seat a single with you).

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi Dads Dream.

DD would freak out if we had to share a table with strangers!

After reading your post I took a look over at the Who's Cruising thread. A number of Disers are scheduled to be on the same cruise as you and your family, including Disneyfan37, DisneyGal58, Fantasia Sam, fredms, luvstiggertoo, tlens and Univfire. I am sure you have read their posts just as I have and realize they appear to be very nice people. Perhaps one or more of them has a daughter your daughter's age. I'd recommend starting a thread to find out. This way you could arrange for your daughter to establish some degree of friendship with a Wonder-cruiser her own age, and, if tablemates become necessary, you could request a particular family. OR, even better, book ahead to dine with someone from the boards. I find it refreshing to share the days experiences with table mates AND - believe it or not - I keep the "jokes" to a minimum. Anyway, this was just a thought...

Wishing you a really enjoyable cruise.

BD, you're bringing tears to my eyes with your sensitive side.

Jeanny :teeth:

Hi Jeanny.

you're bringing tears to my eyes with your sensitve side.

Reminds me of a story concerning an interview by Johnny Carson on the Tonight Show with actor Don Adams from the tv show Get Smart.

Johnny says to Don, "So tell me, does your wife think you're funny?"

Don replies, " Does my wife think I'm funny? Johnny, my wife laughs at EVERYTHING I do! Why do you think we don't have kids!"...

I requested a table for 3 prior to the cruise and when I went to make Palo reservations (which I didn't get) I asked there where I would go to check if my request was granted and they checked right there and they told me it was a private table I would be seated at for the main dining rooms. I would have hated it if I was seated with others, we did that for two other cruises and I can't say that I enjoy that...on the Carnival cruise we were at a table with 4 people who didn't speak English so we had a miserable time there with the 4 of them talking among themselves..we tried to change tables but they told us they couldn't do it so we spent most of that cruise eating room service and burgers by the pool.

on the Carnival cruise we were at a table with 4 people who didn't speak English so we had a miserable time

Sit with a teamster from Brooklyn and you'll swear they're not speaking English either - but they sure can be entertaining...

On our cruise we sat at a table with a couple of Japaneese families who spoke very little english. Just speak loudly and slowly and they can understand you:jester: . No not really.

We really did have a good time with them. Sometimes it took awhile to get them to understand what we were saying and same for them, trying to get us to understand them. Gotta watch out for any slang. I would not have wanted to miss that experience.

If our communication depended upon our Japaneese, there would not have been ANY talking at all. I think that I can say hello and thats about it.

When we sailed in February, our reservation had requested a table for just the 3 of us. When I checked once on board, they had seated us at a table of 10. After a little negotiation, we were able to get a table for just the 3 of us. Its not that we are antisocial, we just spend 51 weeks of the year eating dysfunctionally and look forward to 1 week together.

When we arrived onboard, we went to the place listed in the Navigator for dinner changes. I can't remember which lounge it was. I'd suggest doing it early to have your best chance of getting your table changed.

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Hi Dads Dream.

After reading your post I took a look over at the Who's Cruising thread. A number of Disers are scheduled to be on the same cruise as you and your family, including Disneyfan37, DisneyGal58, Fantasia Sam, fredms, luvstiggertoo, tlens and Univfire. I am sure you have read their posts just as I have and realize they appear to be very nice people. Perhaps one or more of them has a daughter your daughter's age. I'd recommend starting a thread to find out. This way you could arrange for your daughter to establish some degree of friendship with a Wonder-cruiser her own age, and, if tablemates become necessary, you could request a particular family. OR, even better, book ahead to dine with someone from the boards. I find it refreshing to share the days experiences with table mates AND - believe it or not - I keep the "jokes" to a minimum. Anyway, this was just a thought...

Wishing you a really enjoyable cruise.

uhmmmmmm OK just who the heck are you/?? And what have you done with the real Buckaroo?????

Originally posted by haddockck
To whom should one speak to arrange a private table?
When I booked through Disney I called them directly and put in the request...this time I booked through DU and gave them the request which they told me they passed on to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter