Private Tour Guides?

LoveMickey

<font color=red>Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of
Has anyone done this? What was your experience?

Thanks

There are the Disney VIP guides, that cost $$$$ and there are private guide services out there that cost a little bit less, but still probably $$-$$$. The Disney VIP guides are basically your personal FP for the day. The best of the non Disney guides go so often (like daily), know how everything runs, can help manage your FP, etc. They can be a great help and make your stay more enjoyable. However, they are not a true unlimited FP. We have used one particular guide for years and have had great experiences even during the busiest times of the year.

I was interested in the Disney VIP guides information. Do you know where I could find the prices for this?

I was interested in the Disney VIP guides information. Do you know where I could find the prices for this?

We've been using a VIP tour guide for years and while it's certainly a splurge, it's a splurge that I do not mind paying for. For me, it's just really nice knowing that we'll have 2 days of not needing to plan a single thing, even meals as our guide has been able to secure dining reservations for us at the mere mention of possibly wanting to eat at a certain restaurant that night. We split our days between parks, usually one with MK/EP and another at AK/DHS. That's changed a bit since Pandora opened and now our new routine is to start at AK on both days then travel elsewhere. We got insanely lucky on our first tour as we clicked really well with our tour guide. It's been over 5 years now since then and while, at first, we requested him, he now asks what our upcoming dates are and texts the office telling them not to book him at all during those dates until we confirm what dates we'll be touring. He's absolutely become a friend over the years and a person we look forward to seeing four times a year.

^Their are "scripted" tours that will follow a script and go to certain pre-planned destinations, such as Keys to the Kingdom, Steam Trains, Star Wars Guided Tour, unDiscovered Epcot and others. Those can knock some of the attractions with a priority entrance, but it is planned and not up to your decision as what you want to do. For example, the Star Wars tour takes you through all the Star Wars offerings at DHS, so it may not be the attractions you want, but it will knock out about half the park's attractions.

In terms of the VIP Guides that cost $600 per hour, the minimum time limit for that is 7 hours.

Thank you! Per your advice, I had looked into this and found the Disney Classics VIP tour. This would take care of 80% of the rides that we want. We (party of two) will supplement the rest with FP and the Early Magic Hours.

We just did the private VIP tour this week. I was planning on writing a post about it because there was not a ton of information when I was looking into it, but I'll post a few things here. When you call to book, they will let you know the rate for the particular date you want to use them. You schedule a start time and you have a minimum of 7 hours, then you can add on after that. They will charge the extra hours in 15 minute increments, so if you just need an extra half hour to finish what you want to do, you won't have to pay for the full extra hour. They will pick you up wherever you want and will transport you in one of their vans. You will enter each park through back/side entrances.

Our guide could take us through any fast pass line and if there was a handicap line, he took us through there. Of course, the guide knows the park really well, so he got us everywhere efficiently and always got us to the nearest snacks or bathrooms when needed. We stopped at Sunshine Seasons for lunch. After the kids decided what they wanted, he took them to get a table and picked up utensils and napkins for us. At one point I was feeling a little sick from all the thrill rides (I'm not used to doing so many in one day), he went to get me a snack while we were on a ride.

It was definitely a rushed day. We did a lot, but it went really fast since we were doing so much.

Our guide was great and being a Disney nut, I'd loved talking to him about the parks.

If you have any specific questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Hopefully my question is not too intrusive. I'm assuming a tip is required for the Guide. How much should I tip? A percentage of the total cost of the tour? Or $10 - $20 per hour? Or something else? My little boy and I are planning to do the 4-hour Disney Classics tour. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter