Private transfer from MCO to Port Canaveral

Koleman

Earning My Ears
We are doing our first ever Disney Cruise on the Fantasy in October! Can anyone recommend a company that does private transfers from the airport to the cruise ship that you have been happy with?

We used FL Tours and Tiffany Town car in the past and we were satisfied. Happy Limo is often mentioned here but some recent bad reviews made us choose FL Tours last time instead of them.

We usually prefer to use DCL transfers because it is so much more convenient for us as we come down the night before and stay at the Hyatt. For 3, the shuttle is cheaper than a limo when you include the tip.

Thank you for the info. We will be coming in that morning and wanted to save some time by having a private transfer. I will give one of your suggestions a try.

Thank you for the info. We will be coming in that morning and wanted to save some time by having a private transfer. I will give one of your suggestions a try.

Now that you've said you're coming in the day-of...

Just something to consider... If there is any delay with your flight, Disney is not going to wait for a private transfer.

If you're on their transfers, they at least have a record of your flight information since you'll have to give it to them and they may be able to hold a bus for you. I say may since it doesn't sound like you've booked air through them. If you absolutely have to come in the day of, the best practice would be to book air and transfers through Disney. Short of that, DCL transfers would at least give a little cushion of comfort.

The absolute best would be to change that flight to the day before and spring for the hotel room. Much cheaper than missing a cruise due to an airline issue. (And yes, even the first flight out can have problems - mechanical things can happen any time, weather can happen any time (at departure location, arrival location, or the air mass you have to fly through), the flight could be coming in from somewhere else and be delayed, and even if the equipment is there, the crew might have gotten in too late to get their mandated rest so your "first flight of the day with equipment there" gets delayed just to name a few things that could happen.)

We have used happy limo from wdw to port and it was great. I think twice, actually. We have also used uber.

Thanks for the info. Our flights have been changed to the day before and are staying at the Hyatt. We will use the DCL transfer from the Hyatt in the morning. Thanks again!
It seems you must now let DCL know in advance that you'll be staying at the Hyatt and using the DCL shuttle if you want them to collect the luggage in your room at the Hyatt. We always use the service and it's very convenient.

We will be coming in that morning and wanted to save some time by having a private transfer.

I see that your plans have now changed, but I did want to respond to this by saying that if you're leaving from the airport I can't see how a provate transfer is going to be that much faster (if at all) than DCL bus. Especially once you realize that the bus lets you enter from the side, which I've heard (I never notice when entering the building either way) is faster than entering the main doors.

Thanks for the info. Our flights have been changed to the day before and are staying at the Hyatt. We will use the DCL transfer from the Hyatt in the morning. Thanks again!

I don't know if you've ever stayed at the Hyatt before but it's a very nice hotel. We loved it. :)

What time does it leave?
DCL shuttles from MCO to PC run continously from 9AM. You just need to show up at the check-in counter and you'll be assigned to the next bus with available seats. If you get on the first two busses, you get to enter the terminal before it opens to guests arriving independantly, assuring a quick check-in but a longer wait until the ship is cleared to welcome guests.

If you have an Early PAT and arrive before the terminal is open, you have to wait on the bridge for the doors to open unless you use Disney transportation. Plus you have to deal with your luggage and tipping porters if you arrange your own transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter