Probably opening a big Disney Infinity special holographic can of worms here but...

zpbarn01

Mouseketeer
Has anyone bought a pack of power discs, placed the unopened package on the Infinity platform to see what was inside, and then returned them because they were a duplicate? I ask this as someone who is an assistant manager at a retail store (that does not sell disney infinity products) and am generally curious. I personally don't see a huge problem in doing this as it follows most retail store's return policies (i.e. unopened package, receipt, 30 day return window, etc...) Thoughts or stories from anyone who may have done this?

I've never done that, and I can't say I'd necessarily look down upon you for doing so...but I'd rather just buy 10 packs to get 20 discs, and then trade away the duplicates to get whatever I need. It's more fun that way.

Has anyone bought a pack of power discs, placed the unopened package on the Infinity platform to see what was inside, and then returned them because they were a duplicate? I ask this as someone who is an assistant manager at a retail store (that does not sell disney infinity products) and am generally curious. I personally don't see a huge problem in doing this as it follows most retail store's return policies (i.e. unopened package, receipt, 30 day return window, etc...) Thoughts or stories from anyone who may have done this?

I did not though about that but I think I will try it some day because have duplicates is just boring when you don't have ppl to trade with.

Trust me I found this out last weekend from a cashier at trus and now that I know I won't open them until I know what's inside. Yes I will take them back if I don't need them, I don't think there is anything wrong with this but I bet in the future disney will do something to prevent you from know what's inside them.

I haven't done this yet, as my son won't be getting his Infinity game until next week on his birthday.

However, when I was in a popular retail store talking about Infinity to one of the salespersons who has the game and all of the play sets and enjoys playing it he told me about placing the unopened power disc pack on the platform to find out what you're getting so you can exchange it if you already have them. He also told me if you feel the package and the disc feels scratchy it most likely is one of the rare discs. So I figure there's nothing wrong in dong this especially if a sales person tell me. Let's face it, the blind pack things are fun to a certain degree, but have a 7 year old son and do you know how much money was spent and how many duplicate Lego minifigues I have in searching for the ones he wants..yes I've gotten better at feeling the packages, but who has time to feel through a pile of lego minifigures! I find being able to do this will make me more apt to buy the power discs.

Update...I bought 5 packs from best buy today. Took them home to see what was inside and of 5 packs (10 discs) all but 2 discs were duplicates. I opened only ONE pack because it had pieces of 8. The other 4 I intend to take back (one of which is Kahn the horse and I have an active trade for him).

Guess I'm going to toys r us to buy 20 packs

10. You only need 10.

The discs are two per package. Buying 10 will get you a total of 20 discs.

Wave 1 of the discs is only 20 discs, so that's enough to get you started on trading.

True. But I probably won't get 20 different disks on 10 packages. I'll buy 20 see what I get and return what I don't need.

This works. I already had 7 discs. One that came with the game. One free package and I bought two packages. I was hesitant to buy more because I did not want doubles. So I went to toys r us and bought 16 regular packs and 12 gold packs. It was the buy 1 get 1 40% off. Out of all those packages only three had two discs that I did not have. About eight had two I already had and 9 had 1&1. We'll I opened the packages that had two I needed. I wrote down what was in each package of the 1&1. Then went on boards to trade away. I completed my set. I opened 8 packages and bought Abu off eBay. I returned the other packages and ended up with only 1 duplicate. So I got one free disc, one free package, bought 10 packages at buy one get one 40% off and bought Abu on eBay. That s for the tip. I will be giving away my duplicate on a thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter