Problems buying Tokyo Disney tickets online - help please!

eebuckeye

Mouseketeer
I have been trying to purchase 4 day tickets using the Disney Tokyo website. I choose the dates, tickets, number of people, etc.. and get to the checkout.

I click 'complete order' and I see the Visa verified purchase screen pop-up like it is trying to authorize the purchase then the Disney Tokyo website says declined.

First error was that I needed 3D secure authorization. I called my credit card company (Disney Chase Visa) and they said they did not see any charge to get denied. They also unlocked my card for 24 hours. I have tried again numerous times even with different web browsers. Now I get 'card declined' without any mention of the 3D secure authorization. I have also used my card the same day for other purchases in Japan with no issue.

I called AAA to book tickets and they told me they could only book a 1 day ticket.

How can I book tickets?

Thanks!

I have been trying to purchase 4 day tickets using the Disney Tokyo website. I choose the dates, tickets, number of people, etc.. and get to the checkout.

I click 'complete order' and I see the Visa verified purchase screen pop-up like it is trying to authorize the purchase then the Disney Tokyo website says declined.

First error was that I needed 3D secure authorization. I called my credit card company (Disney Chase Visa) and they said they did not see any charge to get denied. They also unlocked my card for 24 hours. I have tried again numerous times even with different web browsers. Now I get 'card declined' without any mention of the 3D secure authorization. I have also used my card the same day for other purchases in Japan with no issue.

I called AAA to book tickets and they told me they could only book a 1 day ticket.

How can I book tickets?

Thanks!

Did you sign up with "Visa Verified"? If not, I'd try that.

Yes I am signed up with Chase Visa Verified and I do not have Mastercard or American Express. very odd problem

Haven't been but I've read this is a common problem..I've seen most buy tickets in person.

It's Tokyo Disneyland rejecting many foreign credit cards and not a problem that can be solved by your credit card company.

Buy the tickets when you get to Tokyo.
If you want a ticket with the Disney character on it, buy from select Disney Stores or the Annual Passholder application area in front of the park. Your credit card should be accepted at these locations.
If you want convenience, buy at any FamilyMart or Lawson using their ticketing machines. Your credit card will likely still be denied here so have cash on hand.

I've never purchased at an airport or JR station but I know some give vouchers which need to be redeemed for tickets. It would be better to just wait to buy tickets on the day of your visit rather than get a voucher. These should accept your credit card though.

If you're staying at one of the "official" hotels, you can buy tickets from the hotel. Entry is guaranteed for hotel guests, so no worries about tickets selling out. Depending on which hotel, they may only take cash. I know the Sheraton takes credit cards, but have read the Hilton is cash only.

Same happened to me. I don't like not having tickets before my trip but I tried multiple credit cards even from family and nothing worked. Had to just buy them when I got to Japan unfortunately. I went to the Disney Store in Shibuya (which is really nice btw) and they have a desk upstairs devoted solely to buying park tickets so it was really easy. Or you can buy them at the park. Not sure why they haven't fixed these problems yet.

Another way is Klook - They do tickets too :) We bought ours through the hotel when we got there but got our universal Japan tickets from Klook as we had a discount code from another podcast :)

We had to use a mastercard to get it too work (my sister had to borrow her business one!) even that required calling beforehand otherwise it declined.

We used Klook. No problem & IIRC we printed them at home & then exchanged them once we got to the parks. Easy peasy & no problem using our credit card.

Two tourist blogs recommend Klook and both blogs say you can buy a 2 day ticket but the only thing I can find is a 1 day. Am I missing something?

Two tourist blogs recommend Klook and both blogs say you can buy a 2 day ticket but the only thing I can find is a 1 day. Am I missing something?
Do they not sell more than 2 day tickets? We would want 4 days.

When I went to Klook I can ONLY find a one day ticket option for Tokyo Disney. Something must have changed recently.

I got it to work with Mastercard - it failed the first time, they called me to verify it was me, and it worked the next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!