Problems Getting Physical Membership Card

DVC Fanatic

Mouseketeer
Wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem getting their physical membership card? Back in October I attempted to order via the website options. In January i called member services to inquire about the status and they told me they could not see the status of website requests, but put in a separate order for me. After 10 weeks, we still have not received our cards and I spoke with member services again this week and they told me to give it a couple of more days and then we can try the order again.

Has anyone had any luck getting their card expedited? I really would like my physical cards by our May trip because I intentionally try to have my phone out as little as possible on vacation with my kids. Disney does not make it easy to put the phone away with mobile orders, fast passes, wait times and such so easily available on the phone. It was actually one of the only things i was disappointed with on our first Disney Cruise. It had been about 5 years since I had been on any cruise, but I remember the feeling of relief to put my phone in the safe and not think about it again. Disney has so much to offer on their app during the cruise, it made it extremely hard to do that. Sorry for the rant, just want to know if I should expect to get my physical cards at any point?

I really would like my physical cards by our May trip because I intentionally try to have my phone out as little as possible on vacation with my kids. Disney does not make it easy to put the phone away with mobile orders, fast passes, wait times and such so easily available on the phone.
It took me about 6 weeks to get my blue card, but that was a year ago. I’m sorry that’s proving frustrating for you.

Your effort to separate from your phone on vacation is a commendable one. I do believe it will only get harder and harder to do as Disney (and every other company) continues to push the end user towards providing increasingly more data for analysis. I get the sense that over time, that data will prove far more profitable than the $6 churros I keep buying.

Wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem getting their physical membership card? Back in October I attempted to order via the website options. In January i called member services to inquire about the status and they told me they could not see the status of website requests, but put in a separate order for me. After 10 weeks, we still have not received our cards and I spoke with member services again this week and they told me to give it a couple of more days and then we can try the order again.

Has anyone had any luck getting their card expedited? I really would like my physical cards by our May trip because I intentionally try to have my phone out as little as possible on vacation with my kids. Disney does not make it easy to put the phone away with mobile orders, fast passes, wait times and such so easily available on the phone. It was actually one of the only things i was disappointed with on our first Disney Cruise. It had been about 5 years since I had been on any cruise, but I remember the feeling of relief to put my phone in the safe and not think about it again. Disney has so much to offer on their app during the cruise, it made it extremely hard to do that. Sorry for the rant, just want to know if I should expect to get my physical cards at any point?
It took several months/calls/emails to get DH a card. This is the email address that finally got us somewhere:

DVCMemberSatisfactionTeam@disneyvacationclub.com

Good luck!

My wife got hers fairly quickly. I have requested it twice online and received nothing. I’m ok with the electronic version but desired a hard card anyway.

I'm having the same problem. I ordered on the website last year. Never came. 12 weeks later, MS ordered us another set. 12 weeks later (and 4 weeks from our trip), they had not arrived, so MS ordered them again.

I spoke the folks at the Epcot DVC lounge about the third order, and they made some calls for me and had to explain to the person on the other end that even though I only had 55 direct points (and 160 resale points), I am to receive a blue card based upon when those points were purchased (prior to the 75 minimum requirement). I'm now at 10 weeks, and the third order hasn't arrived yet.

At the current rate, I figure that I'll have the opportunity to order another 3 times and still not have the cards for my next trip.

Craig

I'm having the same problem. I ordered on the website last year. Never came. 12 weeks later, MS ordered us another set. 12 weeks later (and 4 weeks from our trip), they had not arrived, so MS ordered them again.

I spoke the folks at the Epcot DVC lounge about the third order, and they made some calls for me and had to explain to the person on the other end that even though I only had 55 direct points (and 160 resale points), I am to receive a blue card based upon when those points were purchased (prior to the 75 minimum requirement). I'm now at 10 weeks, and the third order hasn't arrived yet.

At the current rate, I figure that I'll have the opportunity to order another 3 times and still not have the cards for my next trip.

Craig
Yeah kinda frustrating. But, I have never had an issue using my electronic card for the lounges or to activate our gold AP's so I guess its not a biggie.

This may sound crazy :crazy: but have you tried checking to see how they spelled your name? It took 3 tries for me to finally receive my card because it was spelled incorrectly on the paperwork the card maker used to determine my eligibility for it. Once Disney realized my name was misspelled, my card was received the following weekparty:

One of the reasons for the delay is that the cards are processed by an outside vendor in batches. They print the cards and mail them when they get the required number of orders to do a run.

:earsboy: Bill

One of the reasons for the delay is that the cards are processed by an outside vendor in batches. They print the cards and mail them when they get the required number of orders to do a run.

Good to know Bill. Thanks

This may sound crazy :crazy: but have you tried checking to see how they spelled your name? It took 3 tries for me to finally receive my card because it was spelled incorrectly on the paperwork the card maker used to determine my eligibility for it. Once Disney realized my name was misspelled, my card was received the following week

I went over that with the CM on the second request, as well as the CM at the Epcot lounge. All spellings and address information was correct. The Epcot CM believed the problem was due to a "new vendor" making the cards not understanding that some resale members get blue cards. Apparently, the vendor had yet to work out a feedback mechanism to MS to let them know which ones they have rejected. So, MS is in the dark for rejected requests.

Showing a screenshot of the cards worked 100% of the time, but it became so inconvenient that, unless the DVC discount was more than the AP discount, we would show the AP card instead.

Getting cards has been the hardest part so far (well that and trying to get a studio at my home resort). Mine came quickly, a second request was made and Dh and DS got theirs. Just made a third request for my other DS card. We will see how long this one takes. Its Crazy.

Appreciate all the good info. We have one fully qualified direct contract with Disney or whatever you want to call it. Other contract was resale. Thanks again and I will update if I get it.

I ordered mine last September.. still hasn’t arrived! I guess I prefer a digital version but why can’t it be entrenched within the MDE app? I hate that everything is going digital except cards like this and the AP. We have magic bands so our wallets can stay in the safe. But if you want a discount or club entry, bring the AP your ID and TiW cards..

Those who are using the photo version, how do you find it? I save it as a photo before the trip but then I take 1000’s of photos and can’t find it.

It’s big and blue, so fairly easy to spot on my trips, but alternatively, you could “favorite” it for easy access? Or set it up as your lock screen photo (on iOS).
Lol big and blue!! I hope you’re behind me in the queue on my next trip.

Lock screen photo is not a bad idea though. Kudos..

I have a DVC folder in my notes app on my iPhone, and I’ve saved the photo in a note.

I will tell you this. I did ask for one because when I did I thought I was entitled to one, honest I had no idea. When it came, it took so long, that I had forgot I even asked for one.

I went over that with the CM on the second request, as well as the CM at the Epcot lounge. All spellings and address information was correct. The Epcot CM believed the problem was due to a "new vendor" making the cards not understanding that some resale members get blue cards. Apparently, the vendor had yet to work out a feedback mechanism to MS to let them know which ones they have rejected. So, MS is in the dark for rejected requests.

Showing a screenshot of the cards worked 100% of the time, but it became so inconvenient that, unless the DVC discount was more than the AP discount, we would show the AP card instead.

Isn't it always the vendors fault? :charac2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter