Problems with new blu rays..Anyone?

cpdwiz

Mike & Jessica YOAMD Winners
Ok, I have had a Samsung BD1500 bluray player for about a year...Works great...NOW, the 3 newest Disney movies, UP, Princess and Frog and Old Dogs are skipping and hesitating. Thought it was the machine, BUT, older movies work, and played 2012, and that worked fine...I send emails to Disney and Samsung, and waiting for replies, BUT, anyone else have this problem, and any ideas of a fix? Thanks

Have you gone and gotten all the firmware updates? Not all Blu Rays are the same and different companies use different formats so the Blu Ray players need updates periodically.

That said I have a Samsung and it has major heating issues. It will play DVDs all day but can't make it through a Blu Ray without freezing. Blu Rays are too heat intensive for it. Crazy stupid huh? After DH did a ton of research he found that our model (sorry don't know the number) has major overheating issues. I went and bought a new player, it's never hot and miracle of miracles it plays Blu Rays!:lmao:

Like Wenrob I would also suggest checking for the most recent firmware update.

FYI--the Sony PS3 is still one of the best blu-ray players out there and you get the side benefit of playing games. Latest model is around $299.

Ok, I have had a Samsung BD1500 bluray player for about a year...Works great...NOW, the 3 newest Disney movies, UP, Princess and Frog and Old Dogs are skipping and hesitating. Thought it was the machine, BUT, older movies work, and played 2012, and that worked fine...I send emails to Disney and Samsung, and waiting for replies, BUT, anyone else have this problem, and any ideas of a fix? Thanks

Call the customer support number for Samsung and request a firmware update. I was having similar problems with my Insignia (for all the latest blu rays) and they are sending me a firmware update DVD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter