Problems with Soaring over the world??

Tthe first time I saw new Soarin I hated it because of the cgi. Rode it for the second time last week and sat on the end. Yes the distortion sucks. But I still prefer it to FoP because I like the ride vehicle better. The dangly feet make me feel like I'm hanggliding. FoP is like riding a motorbike. Didn't feel organic enough .

The new film is the same in both Disneyland-California Adventure and in Epcot? We went on Soarin in DCA in Dec. Trying to find out if we can skip it in Epcot.

The new film is the same in both Disneyland-California Adventure and in Epcot?
Yes, except for the ending scene. In DCA it ends with a view of the DL castle/fireworks. In FL it ends with...I forget. Its either the MK castle or Spaceship Earth. Drawing a blank right now.

BTW, the only other place Soarin is shown is in Shanghai and the ending scene there is a flyover of the city. Had to do it that way since the park didn't exist yet.

We've seen all three

Yes, except for the ending scene. In DCA it ends with a view of the DL castle/fireworks. In FL it ends with...I forget. Its either the MK castle or Spaceship Earth. Drawing a blank right now.

BTW, the only other place Soarin is shown is in Shanghai and the ending scene there is a flyover of the city. Had to do it that way since the park didn't exist yet.

We've seen all three

Thanks. We are park hopping in June. We want to focus on TT and FEA when we go. We haven't been to WDW since 12-15.

I believe that the Soarin' attraction ends at Epcot, and the hidden mickey in those fireworks is pretty cool.

So, we went to Disneyland/California Adventure yesterday (it was soooo crowded!) because we have a house guest, and so went on Soarin' Around the World. I asked for center, and we got center, front row. I actually enjoyed the attraction from that vantage point. Our house guest also really enjoyed it.

Wow is the new version really this bad? Or simply bad in comparison to the original.

Say you knew nothing of the original and saw the new version. Would it be a good to great experience like the original was?

I do think part of it is how much you are looking for things .... I know the first time I rode the new version I was in the middle and other than some bending to the Eiffel Tower I didn't notice that much as as for the CGI only one scene really detracted for me ...

... later, when I was more cognizant to look for such things and I rode on the side, I noticed a ton of distortion and more CGI and it really made it a lesser experience

I think if you go in wanting to enjoy the ride or not knowing about these issues you would enjoy it much more than if you go in expecting to be disappointed as then you will focus on the flaws.

Personally I think it is still a really fun ride, though do think it is worth asking to sit in the middle section

We rode both the old and new in the same week as we were on vacation that week in 2016. I did notice the distortion even though I had ZERO expectations about CGI or tilted images going into the ride (it just opened that day or the day before). I do not like it as much as the original. It was still fun and I still had that flying feeling. I would still recommend it, though.

Just be thankful they didn't go with the original plan - the ride would end with you "Soarin" in for a close up and hug with Duffy!

I wish there was a choose-your-own-ending feature for Soarin', where I could choose to have my ride land squarely on top of Duffy, leaving his innards strewn across the Epcot parking lot.

upload_2018-5-9_12-26-7.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-9_12-22-59.png
    upload_2018-5-9_12-22-59.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 4
I suggest trying it then.

We aren’t trying to make it to seem like a bad thing so people don’t do it but it is extremely noticeable.

Probably in the minority here. But because of my fear of heights the distortions actually make it easier for me to handle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter