Process for changing from home resort to another at 7 months?

WRLeGrand

Mouseketeer
Can someone explain the process for changing from your home resort to another DVC resort at the 7 month window?

Is it possible to do it online? I feel as though waiting to call in definitely lessens the chances that we would get the resort we desire when it opens.

Thanks!

Use the two browser method. Reserve the reservation with one browser, cancel the original with the other, then refresh the first and the points will be available to book with.

Use the two browser method. Reserve the reservation with one browser, cancel the original with the other, then refresh the first and the points will be available to book with.

Ok so it truly is that simple? That does seem a little risky...have you had success with this before?

A lot depends on when and where you are trying to switch to. DVC is busy from Oct until after the marathons (late Jan) BCV and BWV are all but impossible during Food and Wine fest and the Flower fest. BCV is also very tough in the summer months.

Ok so it truly is that simple? That does seem a little risky...have you had success with this before?

It worked fine for me. Once you grab the new room, it is held for 20 minutes, plenty of time to cancel the other reservation and confirm the new one. Ideally, you would have the points to cover both, but that is not likely for most people.
It is worth checking ahead of time to make sure you can login with both browsers.

Read the above advice.... digest it.

Process? PRAY. THIS is why the most important thing to do with DVC is to BUY where you want to STAY.
And good luck booking anything at 7 months. Just us - we consider this to be a myth.

Dear Wife and I bought BRV. We get an 11 month window. That's where we are going :). You ain't getting our room :)

We BOUGHT where we want to STAY. And we are so glad we did :).

Depends on the time of year. I booked for late July/Early August and everything except the rare (BWV standard View, AKL Club level, etc) were all available. I agree, though, about buying where you would want to stay. I was very nonchalant about changing resorts at 7 months.

Last edited:
7 months is NOT a myth. Have had much success at 7 months but I'm never looking for something extremely hard to get let alone hard to get.

I don't have a problem with the 7 month window either and we go during school vacation. Studios can be another story.

Two browser method is the best, but I've also noticed something else. Sometimes people are needlessly panicking about getting rooms wide open at 7 months. My suggestion is first and foremost, learn the booking patterns, it may not be necessary to book and switch at all and you can just relax. Admittedly more for 1 beds than studios, but I had to advise someone just the other day if they want a studio Poly, August, and their home resort is Kidani, absolutely no need to be booking Kidani standard at 11 months and panicking about 2 browser method Poly at 7. Just go online 7 months out and book Poly !

Read the above advice.... digest it.

Process? PRAY. THIS is why the most important thing to do with DVC is to BUY where you want to STAY.
And good luck booking anything at 7 months. Just us - we consider this to be a myth.

Dear Wife and I bought BRV. We get an 11 month window. That's where we are going :). You ain't getting our room :)

We BOUGHT where we want to STAY. And we are so glad we did :).
I can only assume you've always gone for the hard to get rooms Dean, at peak seasons. 1 beds in particular, in summer are easy to get at 7 months. The ones that go are BLT standard, and AKV club. I could have even got AKV value at 7 this year even, 2 weeks running. I actually got BWV standard 2 bed (admittedly had to waitlist which came through as it's harder to get than a standard 1 bed, waitlist came through in 5 days, switched from BLT 1 bed). No need to pray at 7 months in these circumstances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!