Processing question

Belle0101

Nothing to see here.
Where / who / how does everyone have their photos processed?

I've heard that the quality at Snapfish is good but shipping is high.

Winkflash has low shipping but less than average quality, generally the prints are dark.

Any other places? I don't have a Sam's membership, nor do I care to have one, so that's out.

Buy a printer? What kind?

I go in spurts. I'll take hundreds of pictures on vacation and then a few dozen through the rest of the year. My concern would be buying the expensive photo ink and then having it sit for months or worse yet, having to use it for regular printing.

BTW - I have a Panasonic DMC - FZ5P ... Love it!! There are 2 things about it that bug me but overall I'm glad I made the jump to digital.

Any suggestions or opinions you have towards processing are most welcome. I have at least 500 pictures waiting to print. I won't do them all at once. I scrapbook so I only plan to print them once I'm ready to scrap them.

Thanks!! :wave2:

I use Shutterfly.com. They use Fuji Crystal Archive paper, which is a must for me. I sometimes have problems with the darkness of the photos, but I think it's got more to do with my monitor not being calibrated properly.

I use www.mpix.com

they have a metallic paper that is awesome, prices are good and turnaround time is incredible...

I use walmart.com. I upload the pictures, then go pick them up at my local walmart within a hour .19/print. I can also use this to send the pics to my relatives local walmart for them to pick up. In my case quality is always pretty good.

JD

I also use walmart for most of my regular prints. I've become fairly quick at the kiosk since my dialup takes days to upload 5mp photos at high quality. Mine has a choice of one-hour prints for .19 or 1day for .15. They are a matte finsh though and they tend to 'frame in' a little, so make sure to adjust center if needed. I like to wait for walgreens to have their prints on sale ( .19 instead of .29) nice gloss and thick paper, happy with my cd's burnt there. This is where I processed all my disney photos and am VERY pleased.

What size would you printing? If you are only going to print 4x6 I suggest looking at the Epson Picture Mate deluxe. Cost per print can be as low as 22 cents.

The prints are archival lasting over 100 years. That is longer than traditionally printed photos. www.wilhelm-research.com for more information. The prints are waterproof and smudge proof.

I love the prints from this printer. Very easy to use. It also doesn't need to be hooked up to a computer and you can get a battery to take the printer with you anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter