Products for loose skin after weight loss?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
I've lost 60lbs and while I don't have tons of loose skin it is not as firm as I'd like it to be.
I realize resistance training is the "best" choice but find that I get aches and pains from it and then become unmotivated to even do my daily walking which is what has helped me get this far.
I have MAYBE another 7-10lbs to lose so I'm nearing the end of the weight loss journey.

I've heard really amazing things about Palmer's Cocoa butter firming lotion and do intend to give it a shot.
I wondered if anyone else found something that worked to help tone up their skin after a fairly large weight loss.

Following. I need to lose 30 or so and I'm really worried about actually looking worse afterwards due to flabby skin. I hope soebody here comes up with some good ideas. :thanks:

I really think the only solution is plastic surgery. I'm already starting a fund for it. I've lost 58 pounds so far (with about 80-90 more to go) and I already have a lot of trouble with skin irritation and yeast infections from the loose skin in my stomach area, so will definitely need it there, and also in my bat-wing arms.

Excited about the weight loss, but it really is awful, particularly the infections.

I really think the only solution is plastic surgery. I'm already starting a fund for it. I've lost 58 pounds so far (with about 80-90 more to go) and I already have a lot of trouble with skin irritation and yeast infections from the loose skin in my stomach area, so will definitely need it there, and also in my bat-wing arms.

Excited about the weight loss, but it really is awful, particularly the infections.
Plastic surgery is not in my future. I lost the weight slowly so I don't have that loose of skin. Its just flabby VS nice and tone.

Good thread - I lost 140 lbs in 2016 and have a decent amount of loose skin because of it. I wasn’t too concerned about it at first, but now that I’ve kept the weight off over a year, I’m really trying to tone up this year. I really can’t justify spending for skin removal surgery, but I have been doing push-ups/crunches each night and I’m starting to notice increased strength. Hopefully that will help tighten some areas, but if anyone has other suggestions, I’m all for it!

We have a Disney trip in June planned / staying at the Beach Club and want to be able to enjoy the pool and not be self conscious about it.

Good thread - I lost 140 lbs in 2016 and have a decent amount of loose skin because of it. I wasn’t too concerned about it at first, but now that I’ve kept the weight off over a year, I’m really trying to tone up this year. I really can’t justify spending for skin removal surgery, but I have been doing push-ups/crunches each night and I’m starting to notice increased strength. Hopefully that will help tighten some areas, but if anyone has other suggestions, I’m all for it!

We have a Disney trip in June planned / staying at the Beach Club and want to be able to enjoy the pool and not be self conscious about it.[/QUOTE

Congrats! Although with that significant of a weight loss in that short of a time its pretty doubtful that a product is going to help.
Not sure what your loose skin looks like but surgery is often the only way with that significant of a loss in that time frame. Also its possible insurance would cover it.

No amount of exercise or cream will tighten skin that has lost its elasticity. The only real solution is plastic surgery. If you can't or won't do that (which I totally understand because I feel the same way), you will just have to live with the loose skin. I am not even 40 and have so much loose skin in my stomach from 2 pregnancies with c section deliveries in my 20s. I never gained and lost a lot of weight, but I am small and my babies were pretty big. I am about 15 pounds above my ideal weight but even now I have so much loose skin that I sort of dread how it will look when I get down to my ideal weight.

I know I’m always going to have some flab/skin, that’s just something that I’m going to have to live with because of my old habits and I’m ok with that. You wouldn’t really know it unless my shirt is off. Exercise that specificity targets problem areas does two things - it’s going to burn any fat that still clings to that area, and it’s going to replace that space with muscle. Is it going to look perfect? Absolutely not, but it will be better. I can already tell a difference after one month with what I’m doing.

I just can’t justify spending a large amount of my family’s money so that I feel better about myself when I’m at the pool. My doctor is a good friend of mine and is totally on board with trying to get insurance to pay for the skin removal, but for me, that’s a last resort type of thing. We’ll see how it goes!

I remember when I was on the Weight Watchers boards -- someone had gotten insurance to pay for it by making sure to have a doctor's visit every time a rash/yeast infection occurred. This helped establish the medical necessity of getting the insurance company to pay for the surgery.

I remember when I was on the Weight Watchers boards -- someone had gotten insurance to pay for it by making sure to have a doctor's visit every time a rash/yeast infection occurred. This helped establish the medical necessity of getting the insurance company to pay for the surgery.

That's basically what my doctor said too. That would be easy to show - if I go for a run without compression gear on, I do get rashes!

For me, it's more just going under anesthesia for a non emergency surgery. I don't know if the risk is worth it with a wife and two kids for something as non-necessary as this.

I lost 95 pounds at age 19, had a family crisis that prompted my turning to food at 15 and gained 100 in one year- all that meant stretched skin because it went on fast and came off fast. It took 3 years, but everything formed up!! When I started having babies 3 in 4 years, I never lost the weight- kept it on with 2-3 attempts putting me under 200...I’m on my way down to 150 and very fleshy. I can’t see me having surgery, but I choose clothing strategically, tight leggings with A line tops and fitted arms...I look and feel great in them...I wear bike shorts with tanking for top to swim in keeping my thighs solid. Today, I was doing sprints on the elliptical and even my forearm skin looked like faces exposed to gravity forces from parachutes!! I’ll give it 3 years again and then make up my mind...best thing for your skin is to stay out of sun, eat foods rich in vitamin E/D/B and avoid caffeine/alcohol/smoking- stay hydrated for your best skin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!