Progressive glasses

My DH had them first and didn’t have any issues. When I got my first pair it was quite obvious to me that something was not right. I insisted that there was an issue since I couldn’t see any distance at all. The staff at the store pretty much treated me like I was a hysterical idiot that could not handle the idea of having progressive lenses in my mid 40’s. They made me leave with them and told me I’d get used to them. I put on my old glasses to drive home, tried the new ones again and knew I was right.

DH got home from work and said to let him try them on. He could see perfectly. Our prescriptions are completely opposite. He guessed that they put his prescription in my glasses. The next morning the manager called and said that they figured out that they had put DH’s prescription in my frames. He apologized and offered me a fairly decent discount. I continued to push the fact that his staff treated me like I was an idiot and hysterical and my discount got even better.

Once they put my prescription in my frame, I could see perfectly. No adjustment needed.

Never will I ever purchase glasses at the same time as my husband again!

I have been wearing them for about 8 years. No issues. I don't remember being much of an adjustment but my eye doctor started me early with just a 1x magnification - he called them 'trainers', lol.

I order my glasses on line. I make sure to specify where I wear my glasses along the bridge of my nose - some people wear them pushed right up against their face, some down just a bit from that, and others wear them closer to the tip of their nose - that position makes a difference as to where the transition needs to be located.

The best advice I ever got came from the technician who fitted the glasses for me: What is your nose pointed at? That's the only thing you can see with progressive lenses. Seriously, progressive lenses are only good for straight-ahead vision ... your side vision is worthless with progressive lenses; that is, whatever you're looking at will be distorted. Also, you'll learn to lift your chin slightly when you're reading. You'll feel a bit self-conscious doing this, but it'll work.

Yes, this so much.

I have also ended up getting mine to be transition lenses as well. One trip to WDW I was switching between my prescription sunglasses and my regular prescription glasses. I had one bad scare where my eyes crossed and I couldn't see straight for a minute or so. My eyes apparently didn't like me switching between glasses every few minutes. Just something to keep in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter