Projecting runDisney weekends

MagicallyMom

Mouseketeer
Are marathon weekends in January usually the first Sunday that isn't New Years?

Trying to figure out booking for 2019.

Usually yes. 2018 it is Jan. 3-7.

Now for 2019 they are getting awfully close to New Years with that so I'm wondering if they'll move it back to the following weekend instead of Jan. 2-6.

With that said if you are trying to avoid marathon weekends I wouldn't. The runners don't typically make the parks that much more crowded. However you should look at the dates and some school calendars. For example due to how the holiday fell this year and for 2018 a lot of schools are/will be out during that time.

Hmm. That does make guessing tricky, because going for a low price, you end up either with the marathon or MLK holiday in 2019. (If they don't do the 2nd through the 6th, anyway).

Hmm. That does make guessing tricky, because going for a low price, you end up either with the marathon or MLK holiday in 2019. (If they don't do the 2nd through the 6th, anyway).

It won't be MLK Weekend. That's historically a Disneyland race weekend.

I think 2019 will be January 10-13. I think they typically have it the weekend before the MLK weekend, and MLK Day is the 21st in 2019.

I'm not so much avoiding the people as trying to avoid the resort price spikes.

I like runners. Friendly folks, usually.

I thought it was the weekend before MLK weekend. Now, generally, there's only one weekend between New Year's and MLK, but if there's two, Disney will schedule it for the 2nd weekend.

And Jan 2-6 2019 is just way too soon, there would be havoc between the late holiday people and the early marathoners. I think 2018 is cutting it real thin.

Edit: verb tense.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter