proof of the strength of friendship bonds

Kteacher

<font color=660099>Not your average kindergarten t
A very close friend of mine who lives a distance away called me out of the blue at home today. She had had a dream that I was really sick, and wanted to make sure I was alright. . She had no idea I was home sick, but felt she needed to call. Anyone else have friends they are connected to like this? We have also called each other at the same exact moment many times, so that the phone never rings, but the phones get connected. Glad to report that the antibiotics are starting to kick in for me. I can't eat solids yet, but hopefully soon:D

Yes! I am actually blessed with a few friends like that. Isn't it wonderful!

A friend like that is a rare find. It is funny how sometimes you can just "know" something is wrong...or can sense it. Yeah I have one like that, and consider myself very lucky indeed.

i had a friend that could look at me and tell that i was about to have a sugar attack. i am hypoglycemic. there really is no way to tell. she knew before i even felt shaky.

Funny this thread just came to exist.....My best friend Mary lived in the L.A. area & I had moved to Michigan. We were very close. Knew each other's deepest secrets. She introduced me to my husband...we did special "girl" things together (hair appts in Beverly Hills, lunches, Vegas trips, etc...) After I moved away, we kept in touch by phone. One day I was feeling rather uneasy & she was on my mind all day long. I finally broke down & called her at work (normally I would have waited till she got home). She didn't answer, I got her voice mail. I just left a simple message that I was thinking of her & for her to call me when she had a minute & that I loved her.

Later that day, I got a phone call from a mutual friend (another co-worker) who called to tell me that my best friend in the whole world had passed away. She had a heart attack at work. The clinic team at work was able to bring her back for a short while with paddles but while she was being transported to the hospital, she again went into cardiac arrest & this time did not make it.

The saddest part for me was that she never received my message. Her boss (who also knew me but did not know that I had already heard the news) called to inform me of the tragedy later that night (I'm 3 hours ahead being in Michigan). He listened to her voice mail messages & returned everyone's call.

So I do understand about being a telepathic connection. I had a feeling something wasn't right. I just wish I had called her earlier where I could have gotten to speak with her one more time. :(

(I've been considering going to a "medium" to contact her but I'm kind of afraid of that kind of stuff.) :rolleyes:

I hope you are feeling better & keep your friend very close!!

No more puking for the Kteacher!!! That is good news!
Soon you will be munching on all kinds of stuff!

Friends are a good thing to have ,no matter if they are near or far !

My sister and I are connected like this. How great you have such a great and close friend.

Hope you are feeling better.

Mishetta, your post gave me goose bumps. :( What a sad story. I have to believe your friend knew exactly how much you care for her.

Yes, I do have a friend like this, we finish each other's sentences and thoughts on regular occasions, or we respond exactly the same way to something. That's why we're twisted sisters. ;)

Mishetta, that's a very sad story.:(

I have a friend like that. We met when our oldest children were in the same preschool class. We became really close friends and then they moved to MN. Two years later they moved again, this time to NY. Sometimes when I have called her, she'll answer and instead of saying "Hello", she'll scream, "I was just thinking about you". The same has happened to me when she calls, our calls last at least 1 hr., but we could go on and on. She is really a good friend and she loves Disney. ;) ;)

Kteacher, I hope you feel better soon.:D

I don't think I have any like that -- used to, but she moved and we haven't been as close since. I'm making some new friends, though, and a few of them may be growing to that level of friendship again. :)

Keep hold of your friend -- friendship bonds like that are hard to come by. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter