Propane usage while driving?

We travel with the fridge on. Have done a couple of cross-country trips like this and, now, one from VA to FL.

Typically travel with mine lit. Noticed a propane smell when my tanks were on at talladega, so shut it off for the trip home and need to troubleshoot prior to going to the Fort after thanksgiving.

Best as I could tell, it’s something past where the 2 ranks merge into the main line, as it smelled with either tank on.

turns out my regulator was bad. Didn't solve the problem til it got dropped back to the dealership after FW (well, technically still not solved since I don't have my camper back yet)

must give thanks to Master Pro Mobile RV services though. they were in the loop working on another camper. came and checked it out for me too. He couldn't find a leak he could fix so didn't charge me for it.

turns out my regulator was bad.
Thanks for the update. I had one go bad on my new trailer. It was obvious though (loud spray from a hole in the regulator). Thankfully it did it in the driveway at home when I opened the tank and not on the road. They were cheap, so I ordered 2. I assumed the one on the other tank would probably go too. Three years in and so far so good, but I have the other one, in case.

j

We leave ours on while we travel. What is this refueling you speak of ???

Tbh, in all efforts to turn it off, i traveled to Florida from nj with it on in the TT. Didn't turn it off for fuelling, just let the trailor stick out from the pumps a bit. No problems.

We always turn ours off (propane and fridge) when traveling. We drive an average of 10 - 12 hours per day, turn the propane and fridge on from arrival to departure nightly and have never had food in the fridge spoil. We are judicious about getting into the fridge when it's off though and don't stand there perusing the contents. Quick in and out.

Each to his own said the old woman as she kissed the cow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!