Proper Shandy at Rose & Crown?

andrabell

Property of Walt Disney (BPAL RULES) !PATA PATA!
Perhaps the Brits who love Disney can help me out with this one. I'm an honorary Brit married to an English Ex-Patriot. As you all know a proper shandy is made with fizzy lemonade (R.White's or Schwepps preferably). As you may not know, it's impossible to get proper lemonade here in the States. DH and I have our tongues hanging for a real proper shandy. So...does the Rose & Crown Pub serve proper shandies or do they use Sprite? Cheers.

---Andra
DW to gorgeous Cheshire hunk!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Sorry I can't answer your question. I am a Brit. but I've never had a shandy ay the R&C. I hope that they don't make them with sprite, how gross!!

Hopefully when this gets bumped up someone else will be able to help you. Or you might want to post this question over on the UK trip planning forum.

I had a shandy at Rose and Crown and I'm pretty sure it was made with Sprite....

:(
Oh dear...we'll have to wait until we return to England on holiday in '04 to have the authentic article.

---Andra
Sprite Shandy? No such thing!

Yes, they are unfortunately made with Sprite. Definitely not the same! ;)

They are pretty accomodating, and I believe the CM's in the R&C pub are Brits. Any chance that they would create the real thing for you? They would surely have the ingredients:confused:

I can't believe that they make shandy with Sprite!! I don't really like shandy anyway, but made with Sprite YUK!!! IMHO Sprite doesn't taste an awful lot our lemonade.

Catherine you are correct. Sprite tastes nothing like Schwepps lemonade! I don't understand why we don't get it here in the States. We get other Schwepps products and the lemonade is so light and refreshing, it's much better than the usual offerings of Sprite and 7-UP (though I do quite like the new Sierra Mist). Perhaps it's not sweet enough for the American palate?

---Andra
Shandy, Cadbury's and my DH...my top favorite British things!

Gotta say Shandy Sprite is not that bad if you add a dash of Rose's Lime to it - try it, it takes out a lot of the sweet.

Schwepps lemonade is unheard of in US as far as I can tell....

You should try a shandy in bermuda, they mix it with Ginger Beer, I'll have a pint of Bass Ginger Beer shandy please. Actaully they do know how to make the real one..

ROSE'S LIME that's my tip:jester:

Thanks for the tip, Coli!
And I just love ginger beer. I'll have to try one of those, it sounds lovely.

---Andra
So thirsty right now!

Is it because Disney only serves Coke products? I use to love Schwepps bitter lemon. Haven't seen it available in years.

In California heard you have to bootleg bitter lemon across the border from Arizona. CA doesn't carry it anymore.

Oh, is Bitter Lemon the Schwepp's Lemonade the OP was referring to? I LOVE it. I used to drink it all the time when I was a kid.
Sorry, I don't have an answer to the original question, just wanted to pop in with that comment!

edited to add: from the www.wdwig.com menu listing: Shandy - Half Sprite, Half Bass or Harp

Bitter lemon and lemonade are 2 different drinks. Bitter lemon is obviously bitter and lemonade has a much sweeter taste. In the UK I would say that lemonade is much more popular than bitter lemon. There are also lots of different brands besides Schwepps.

Lemonade is more like Sprite than Bitter Lemon. It's...well...just Sprite without the lime tang to it. Hard to explain - the difference is relatively subtle in the grand scheme of things, but still enough to make a difference.

Funny, up till now I hadn't noticed that Lemonade (of the clear fizzy variety) wasn't really available in the States :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter