Proposal Help

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to plan a proposal for an upcoming quick weekend trip. I haven't decided on anything for sure yet, but one of the ideas I'm toying with is doing it during HAE our arrival night from the Contemporary.

My question is, what do I need to access the observation deck? Currently there are no California Grill ADRs available (not that I expected it, but I'll keep checking). Can I make a reservation for The Wave and still get up there? Can I get there without any ADR at all?

I'm thinking there are a few different observation decks, so if one of them is going to be more private or have a better view, which would you recommend? It's also possible we might have access to the Top of the World Lounge as we will be with DVC members, but they will not be joining us until later. Is there a way to get up there with an ADR?

If I don't go the fireworks route, it will be in MK the next day. Obviously I could go for the standard castle proposal and know I'll have photopass photographer. But I think I'd like to come up with something else. But every idea I come up with, I run into the problem of not knowing how to get a photographer over there. Is there a way I can arrange for a photographer to be in the area at the time? One spot I was thinking about it was next to the wish well, so the castle is still in the background.

Any advice or help pointing out things I might not have thought of would be appreciated. I want to make sure I make this a special moment for both of us and something we will always remember. Thank you all so much in advance.

I love the Cali grill idea- I think that is one of the most awesome locations for a proposal! My fiancé proposed at the Poly beach, but Cali Grill would have been my second choice for sure! I think even if you can get an early reservation for CG, you are allowed to come back at a later time to watch the fireworks, you just show them your receipt. So maybe you could get a late lunch res. and go back up later for fireworks?

I also think the wishing well is a great choice. It’s a little less crowded, but still has that castle magic, and there’s often a photopass person there. Whatever you decide- good luck! She will love it no matter what!

The fireworks are a great idea!
I've seen people rent one of those boats for fireworks viewing and have their pictures done with a photographer-but not exactly sure how they do it. Another great fireworks views is from the Polynesian beach...you could see if any restaurants there have reservations available for Ohana, Kona, or the Luau and then walk out there before the fireworks. I've watched the fireworks from the Contemporary a couple floors up from the 'main lobby' floor and they were great there too.

http://www.stevenmillerpix.com/surprise-proposal-disneys-happily-ever-fireworks-cruise

https://www.staceyhomemaker.com/our-fairy-tale-disney-engagement-story/

Good luck!! I'm sure she'll love whatever you decide!

Boat is a great Idea, its a bit over 300 for the rental, but there are discounts avail for AP or DVC members, might even be a Discount for Chase card holders, IF you take it out of the Contemp you can also have Private Dining set you up with Champange and Glasses as well as cupcakes and other finger foods. They dont just boat you over to the firework viewing area either. You get a tour around the lake get some Disney cast knowledge and trivia and also get to see the water Parade up close. The only negative thing about watching the Fireworks from a Private boat is that they are not allowed to Anchor in the lagoon unless you rent the Yacht from the Grand Floridian. No idea on cost for that. But Private Dining at GF will also provide you with whatever you need as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter