Proposal Ideas Thread

CheeseMickey

Earning My Ears
Hello fellow DIS!

Super excited to finally post this but I am sure I am about 6 months late. I will try to be quick but I am not sure what I am doing so hang in there with me. I really need your help with ideas or thoughts to make this proposal the moment of her life. She is F/33, I am M/32. We have been together for about 8 years. She is aware of the ring, we bought it together. She just does not know when/ if I will. ( I think she knows I will eventually). She is the love of my life and I want to make her feel extra special. I have never been known to really be out there and spontaneous so I figured this would really catch her off guard. I have been reading everything I can on here but there is just so much info.

First off I went with the Zales Disney Enchanted Belle ring. I figured no way to seal our perfect Disney life together than to start it with a Disney ring. We are going for the Halloween party the last week of October and going back again in December for a couple days for the Christmas party. We are actually upgrading to season passes when we are down in October. (We go every year during that time). We are staying onsite at Pop!

Her favorite things in the world are the Haunted Mansion and Nightmare Before Christmas. My first thought was to somehow do it during the meet and greet with Jack. We previously had a memory of that together. But I did now know how the cast members or even Jack would appreciate that. Plus Jack is always the biggest line so I would hate to mess up the flow. Who knows.

My next idea was possibly the classic in front of the castle photo op. But that may be too basic and predictable. Which could be a good thing.

Maybe a Jungle Cruise ? But again not sure how the cast members would like that.

From there my ideas kinda wander off. We are going to Epcot and the other parks so I am open to ideas at other venues as well. Star Wars land ideas? Its a flurry of emotions.

Thank you all for taking the time to be apart of something special for us.

I would do Jack, if that's you both have a good memory of, and she will appreciate it, then go for it.
People constantly propose around characters and both CMs and Characters probably have either experienced it or have been taught how to handle. And as long as you are not creating some kind of danger by completely blocking pathways, or something, no one in his right mind will have the audacity to tell someone to stop a proposal. I would inform the CM who is managing the end of the line so he can inform his colleagues at the front, the photopass photopgrapher and the character. I do think it's always better to make people aware of these kind of plans.

For your worry to hold up the line, you might overestimate how long a proposal takes. For most it's only a few minutes, not hours. Just don't do long speeches.

^^THIS. Also, do it as soon as you can in the trip so you aren't stressing out about it for a long time. A lot of the brides I've interviewed guessed their proposal was coming or worried about their soon-to-be fiance because he/she was acting so weird in the run-up to the proposal. :teeth:

A couple things about the Jack idea. If you propose with a character, the character is actually supposed to back away as quickly as possible. I don't wanna ruin any magic, but they are technically not allowed to be involved in proposals. Jack could not care and be all for it, but you also might just end up with a photo with him scrambling backwards.

Haunted Mansion or Jungle Cruise are a great idea. I am willing to bet the cast members would be all for it, you just need to find the right cast member. Jungle isn't open during the Halloween parties so it would need to be in the afternoon before the party starts.

I proposed to my now fiancee in July at Disney World. She had no idea and no idea what so ever that I had purchased a ring. I had it for months waiting for our trip. I would suggest proposing somewhere that will mean something to her. And I suggest you do it on the first day of your vacation so there isn't any growing anxiety and so you can relax. My fiancee loves the Grand Floridian Resort. I made a brunch reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe (on our first day) and I pre ordered the Cinderella Chocolate Slipper dessert with "will you marry me" written in chocolate on the plate. As we were getting done with brunch, the staff (three of them) made their way through the restaurant while making an announcement that they have a very special dessert today......my fiancee was still clueless until they stopped at our table and presented it to her and I had the ring ready. It was wonderful. The staff must have spread the word to the other tables as the whole restaurant erupted with cheers and clapping. She was so stunned and we had a stream of people stopping at our table to congratulate us and the women wanting to see the ring. That is our story and I hope you have a great experience also. Congrats!

^^ Thats a really good idea.

Thanks for all the thoughts and ideas. I know I am over thinking this and will continue to but you all are really helping me. Thank you so much.

My fiance proposed on the beach at the Polynesian the first night of our vacation during Happily Ever After. He got down on one knee during the Go The Distance part of the fireworks as that part of the show means a lot to us. I had a feeling it was coming but didn't know exactly when it was going to be. Do it the first night so you can relax and celebrate it the rest of the trip!

I would do it somewhere around Haunted Mansion or even during the fireworks during the Halloween party since they have a lot of Nightmare Before Christmas in them :). Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!