Provincial plans for loosening restrictions

Well here in BC we were doing so well. We opened up to level 3. Now the hot weather hit, and our numbers are starting to go up. Dr Henry is not happy. The largest demographic is the young’uns. Teens and 20-30s. They are crowded on the beaches, partying, going out to bars doing what they usually have done pre pandemic. The worst so far has been a group who went up to Kelowna. Apparently one member of the group knew he or she was unwell but went anyway. I think the news said the other day from that one person, 80 were affected :sad2:

On Aug 1 my adult dd and I were supposed to leave for WDW. She has the first 2 weeks of Aug off.
instead we’re doing a couple of mini vacations. Next week going up to Whistler for 2-3 days. My bil has a condo we’re borrowing. So can cook our own meals. The following week will go for 3 days to Harrison Hot Springs.
Looking forward to it.

Well here in BC we were doing so well. We opened up to level 3. Now the hot weather hit, and our numbers are starting to go up. Dr Henry is not happy. The largest demographic is the young’uns. Teens and 20-30s. They are crowded on the beaches, partying, going out to bars doing what they usually have done pre pandemic. The worst so far has been a group who went up to Kelowna. Apparently one member of the group knew he or she was unwell but went anyway. I think the news said the other day from that one person, 80 were affected :sad2:

On Aug 1 my adult dd and I were supposed to leave for WDW. She has the first 2 weeks of Aug off.
instead we’re doing a couple of mini vacations. Next week going up to Whistler for 2-3 days. My bil has a condo we’re borrowing. So can cook our own meals. The following week will go for 3 days to Harrison Hot Springs.
Looking forward to it.

We sure got scolded last week by Dr. Henry, Minister Dix and Premier Horgan! (And well deserved for some)

It really is frustrating. I don't want to go out in public other than what's necessary. People are so selfish! I just don't get it, how do you not believe medical professionals and scientists? But then I guess that is already shown in people who don't believe in climate change or vaccinations.
I went to Food Basics Saturday morning and it was very very busy inside. I would say maybe half of the people were wearing masks. It will be mandated August 1st. Apparently those people are going to wait until the last possible second to completely reluctantly protect the people around them. It was so crowded it was like Frogger trying to dodge people and keep enough distance.
Costco’s precautionary measures have been great from the start. I’ll go there once a month and go back to online ordering for big grocery shops. Its hard when you just need to run in for a few things but with better planning I will stop doing that.
I fully expect our cases to skyrocket when Ontario schools go back in September. I think by Fall we will need to be on lockdown again in some areas. People just aren’t taking it seriously.

I went to Food Basics Saturday morning and it was very very busy inside. I would say maybe half of the people were wearing masks. It will be mandated August 1st. Apparently those people are going to wait until the last possible second to completely reluctantly protect the people around them. It was so crowded it was like Frogger trying to dodge people and keep enough distance.
Costco’s precautionary measures have been great from the start. I’ll go there once a month and go back to online ordering for big grocery shops. Its hard when you just need to run in for a few things but with better planning I will stop doing that.
I fully expect our cases to skyrocket when Ontario schools go back in September. I think by Fall we will need to be on lockdown again in some areas. People just aren’t taking it seriously.
After seeing that party in Brampton with over 200 people at it, at this point it's just a matter of time.

Doug Ford came on today and scolded the people having the parties. He wants enforcement to come down hard on them. The home owner should be fined $100,000 and anyone at the party should be fined $800. Its going to be cause of them people that we have a second wave.

Doug Ford came on today and scolded the people having the parties. He wants enforcement to come down hard on them. The home owner should be fined $100,000 and anyone at the party should be fined $800. Its going to be cause of them people that we have a second wave.
Yes, heard that on Global. The one putting on the party should be fined. I don’t know who the home owner was, but if it was the parents who were out of town and had no knowledge of the party put on by adult children I don’t think that would be fair. And it would be hard to track down partygoers unless they were written up by police at the time or taken in, which they should be in future. It should be made a criminal offence! Reckless endangerment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter