Provincial plans for loosening restrictions

@ottawamom I facebook messaged our salon and they took my name and number and said they would call with an appointment once they opened. DD and I both have LONG hair, but we definitely need a summer chop-o-lah

Oh I think I read that part of the article wrong.

Premier Blaine Higgs lashed out Wednesday at the "irresponsible" medical professional in the Campbellton region who contracted COVID-19 outside the province and is responsible for two other confirmed cases in the region, forcing that part of the province back into the orange phase of recovery.
Public Health officials are still contact tracing, but chief medical officer of health Dr. Jennifer Russell said she's concerned there has already been "significant contact" with the three active cases and more cases will emerge in the days ahead.

The other two cases include a person in their 90s and a child who attended two daycares.

So did the medical professional infect the child and 90 YO?

Yup...

And the rumor is there's another child connected to it who got a positive result late today after the press conference. So we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Last edited:
Just thought I would touch on getting access to our kids' school supplies, etc

DD's school sent an email out this week about them starting to make appointments next week to access the school the week of June 8 to get their stuff. My guess is that their teacher will have everything pre-packed up in plastic bags on their desk ready to take with them.

My oldest is in high school, they have to go in themselves next week to retrieve their locker items themselves at specific times. They will need to practise social distancing and will only have 10 minutes inside and then leave. For my child in elementary school, I will have to go inside the school to access his locker for him, they haven’t told us when yet.

Even teachers need to make appointments to get into our school with a maximum 15 min time limit. I think parents would have to locate their children’s belongings themselves as schools are still closed in Ontario. I haven’t received any info about teachers going in to get their belongings yet. We are only allowed 15 min to get resources for teaching online like document cameras and laptops. I still have my personal belongings at school. Some teachers even have their summer tires stored in our school’s auto tech workshop. Only custodians are allowed in the school.

Anyone have their kids camp running this summer? Sleepover and city run camps will be closed, but at the moment, my kids' camp is running. It will be modified....small groups with 2 staff per group, no swimming, staff wearing masks, etc. Guess we'll get confirmation closer to July and how they will run, but as of now, that is the plan. My son is a counselor and is happy to have some form (even in a mask). My daughter is a camper and is unsure. I'm 50/50....happy they won't be sitting int he house for another 2 months but am also a bit worried.

Anyone have their kids camp running this summer? Sleepover and city run camps will be closed, but at the moment, my kids' camp is running. It will be modified....small groups with 2 staff per group, no swimming, staff wearing masks, etc. Guess we'll get confirmation closer to July and how they will run, but as of now, that is the plan. My son is a counselor and is happy to have some form (even in a mask). My daughter is a camper and is unsure. I'm 50/50....happy they won't be sitting int he house for another 2 months but am also a bit worried.
We just got notified that the Richmond Hill day camps were cancelled. Nothing yet about Markham or the Toronto Zoo camp.

My son and daughter both work for YMCA. They were given notice yesterday that no camps will be running this summer.

We just got notified that the Richmond Hill day camps were cancelled. Nothing yet about Markham or the Toronto Zoo camp.
You mean city run? Our camp is in Richmond Hill and ours is planning running at current time (but not city run). Maybe they could have camp in cars at the Toronto Zoo (just kidding...but it is clever the alternative they made for visiting)

Ours will be running, but we will not be sending our kids.

I'm not sure yet but I won't be sending him. Especially since I doubt they will allow swimming and that is the part he loves. It's unfortunate, and means I will have to find ways to entertain him while still working from home, but I think it's for the best. For us.

I'm not sure yet but I won't be sending him. Especially since I doubt they will allow swimming and that is the part he loves. It's unfortunate, and means I will have to find ways to entertain him while still working from home, but I think it's for the best. For us.
I was going to say do you have a backyard where you can put a blowup pool or something like that? I keep seeing on the news that there is a high demand for any type of pool this year so get it fast.

I was going to say do you have a backyard where you can put a blowup pool or something like that? I keep seeing on the news that there is a high demand for any type of pool this year so get it fast.

I rent so I can't put up anything that's too big, but I may just get one. I think I'll have to flatten the yard though, it slopes to the back fence and I know it needs to be flat. Yet another item in high demand this year that wasn't before :)

You mean city run? Our camp is in Richmond Hill and ours is planning running at current time (but not city run). Maybe they could have camp in cars at the Toronto Zoo (just kidding...but it is clever the alternative they made for visiting)
Yes, City run. If you're going to a private camp they may be waiting a bit to see what happens.

My daughter said the same. Guess they'll have water sprinklers and stuff but no where near comparable.

A quick request for those participating in this discussion. Please go to your profile and set your location (Ottawa, ON, Halifax, NS, etc). OR post your province in your post. It is painful at times to try and figure out what some of you are talking about without keeping a scorecard. If you set your location, people just need to hover the cursor over your avatar (picture on the left) to see your location which will make the information so much more sensible. I know some of you are following this avidly and seem to remember where the other posters live, but if you only browse it every few days, it is a mess! I am more confused now about what is allowed where than I was before I started reading this thread!

A quick request for those participating in this discussion. Please go to your profile and set your location (Ottawa, ON, Halifax, NS, etc). OR post your province in your post. It is painful at times to try and figure out what some of you are talking about without keeping a scorecard. If you set your location, people just need to hover the cursor over your avatar (picture on the left) to see your location which will make the information so much more sensible. I know some of you are following this avidly and seem to remember where the other posters live, but if you only browse it every few days, it is a mess! I am more confused now about what is allowed where than I was before I started reading this thread!
Good point. Done.

So I'm in BC and I got a hair cut today! And colour! Badly needed after 4 months (bye bye grey!) My girls also got hair cuts (I made sure they washed their hair at home last night so their time in the chair was minimized). It felt weird (wearing a mask and such, but I have a very comfortable one to wear) and also very familiar.

NB:

So another 3 cases today all linked to that jerk of a doctor. As a result Zone 5 stays back in orange, and the rest of NB stays in yellow. However, we were supposed to move to stage 2 of yellow this week, and that has now been shut down. This would have allowed low contact youth sports, swimming pools, bowling alleys, dance class, church services etc..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!