Provincial plans for loosening restrictions

The problem is the dense population on the cities. I don’t blame people for wanting to be outside. Cities and Cottage country need to work together to increase Space and access so people can get outside. Parks and beaches needed to regulated not closed and reducing space from people.

I so worry about the mental issues that this is going to cause in years to come, and forcing people inside is not going to help.
First I will say I'm tired of the forcing people to stay inside argument. We are allowed to go outside for walks and enjoy the outdoors. Enjoy walks around your neighborhood What we don't have to do is flock to places everyone else is at. How many times to people have to hear, JUST CAUSE THINGS ARE OPENING DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE DONE WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING.

First I will say I'm tired of the forcing people to stay inside argument. We are allowed to go outside for walks and enjoy the outdoors. Enjoy walks around your neighborhood What we don't have to do is flock to places everyone else is at. How many times to people have to hear, JUST CAUSE THINGS ARE OPENING DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE DONE WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING.
With all due respect, we in downtown Toronto don’t have that many options to go to enjoy the outdoors that doesn’t involve many other people. I’m certainly not defending the Trinity-Bellwoods parkgoers, but I do want to say that with everything closed off here (playgrounds, Brickworks, Mount Pleasant Cemetery, etc.) it is extremely difficult to go to a “natural” area where you won’t find hordes of other people trying to do the same thing. The irony is that if we would just open these types of places up again, we probably wouldn’t have the sardine situation we saw this past weekend. I can’t even run on my usual trail anymore because it’s like the New Jersey Turnpike at this point.

With all due respect, we in downtown Toronto don’t have that many options to go to enjoy the outdoors that doesn’t involve many other people. I’m certainly not defending the Trinity-Bellwoods parkgoers, but I do want to say that with everything closed off here (playgrounds, Brickworks, Mount Pleasant Cemetery, etc.) it is extremely difficult to go to a “natural” area where you won’t find hordes of other people trying to do the same thing. The irony is that if we would just open these types of places up again, we probably wouldn’t have the sardine situation we saw this past weekend. I can’t even run on my usual trail anymore because it’s like the New Jersey Turnpike at this point.
I agree, stores have to keep their customers safe by hiring people to clean carts and control the numbers, cities need to do the same for parks and beaches. Set up blocks of space and have people reserve their space, like golf courses do for tee times or tennis courts. Tons of students are getting money from the government since they can’t find jobs, have them do this type of service.

Closing beaches and parks is not helping anyone.

Everyone has a level of comfort that they works for them - when it comes to this virus. While those who say it is too early to open up, then they can protect themselves by staying home, keeping their social circles small. and limit their exposure when they venture out. While others who want to try to resume a somewhat sense of normalcy, they will go out and do what feels comfortable to them.

At the end of the day...this virus is here to stay. It's NOT going away, no matter how much we close up and shelter in. Scientists are learning new things about the virus everyday. Things seems to change on a daily basis. Now the CDC is saying that the virus doesn't live as long on surfaces as they first thought - and people get sick by more direct ways of communication. And this information will change again, and again.

As we can do is protect ourselves, and those who are more vulnerable, and still maintain some sense of normalcy. It is time to start to open up the economy and get people back to work. Without work, people can't afford housing, food etc etc etc and the government CAN NOT keep printing money. The virus is here, and we have to figure out a way to live and keep each other safe without destroying out economy is the process.

Everyone has a level of comfort that they works for them - when it comes to this virus. While those who say it is too early to open up, then they can protect themselves by staying home, keeping their social circles small. and limit their exposure when they venture out. While others who want to try to resume a somewhat sense of normalcy, they will go out and do what feels comfortable to them.

At the end of the day...this virus is here to stay. It's NOT going away, no matter how much we close up and shelter in. Scientists are learning new things about the virus everyday. Things seems to change on a daily basis. Now the CDC is saying that the virus doesn't live as long on surfaces as they first thought - and people get sick by more direct ways of communication. And this information will change again, and again.

As we can do is protect ourselves, and those who are more vulnerable, and still maintain some sense of normalcy. It is time to start to open up the economy and get people back to work. Without work, people can't afford housing, food etc etc etc and the government CAN NOT keep printing money. The virus is here, and we have to figure out a way to live and keep each other safe without destroying out economy is the process.
We are reopening the economy with living with the virus. Physical distancing and wearing masks is the way do it. The problem is too many people just don't care to do it. Ontario numbers outside of today, have been rising. It all stems from Mother's Day. I'm concerned the numbers are going to rise again from this past weekend.

People want the economy to come back but don't want to do the work for it to happen. It's not hard to do physical distancing and wear a mask when you can't.

I think people mean different things when they say reopen the economy, it feels like some people who say it expect life to return to how it was before, when that is no longer a safe option. But I think people will be expected to wears masks and social distance now and for awhile to come. I don't see the big deal in these things, we have to wear shirts and shoes (and pants lol) to go to stores, add a mask, yes it is hot and annoying, but it keeps people safer when they can't avoid each other. It's an adjustment but no more than it was when we had to start using seatbelts all the time, or wearing bike helmets, or not drink and drive. And as with all those things, there will always be people who will ignore the "rules" and not care.

Since there are people who don't seem to be able to consistently do the things that are necessary, and as we see increases in cases, then they will be slower to reopen. That will also depend on how many people are in that frame of mind. Life is not going back to the way it was a few months ago, at least not any time soon, and perhaps not ever. That doesn't mean things won't reopen, but that they will look different when they do and it may take some time to get there if people keep going against what is recommended. I think summer will make that worse in a lot of ways, people are anxious to enjoy it, especially in a place like Canada where it seems so short. I've noticed more people out on the trails as the weather has warmed up. Not that people shouldn't be able to enjoy time outside of course, but I imagine there are places, especially in bigger cities, where those spaces are smaller or less available, and so more people will crowd them.

This was never about outlasting the virus or getting rid of it, and until we have a vaccine, life will return to a new way of existing, slowly and in steps to keep people safe and prevent the hospitals from being overhwelmed. How slow greatly depends on how many people follow, or don't follow, the new rules.

New for Nova Scotia!

If ready, McNeil said the following can reopen June 5:
  • Restaurants for dine-in.
  • Bars, wineries, distilleries and craft beer taprooms.
  • Personal services like hair salons, barber shops, nail salons, spas and tattoo parlours.
  • Fitness facilities like gyms, yoga studios and climbing facilities.
  • Veterinarians.
Other health providers can also reopen on June 5 if they follow protocols in their college or association's plan, as approved by public health, including:
  • Dentistry and other self-regulated health professions such as optometry, chiropractic and physiotherapy.
  • Unregulated health professions such as massage therapy, podiatry and naturopathy.
Lounges are not permitted to reopen yet.

New for Nova Scotia!

• Personal services like hair salons, barber shops, nail salons, spas and tattoo parlours.
  • Veterinarians.
Other health providers can also reopen on June 5 if they follow protocols in their college or association's plan, as approved by public health, including:
  • Dentistry and other self-regulated health professions such as optometry, chiropractic and physiotherapy.
  • Unregulated health professions such as massage therapy, podiatry and naturopathy.
Doing better than here in Ontario then.... But still no campgrounds huh?

New for Nova Scotia!

• Veterinarians.
I'm so jealous, you get hair salons. I was reading the original Ontario gameplan and those aren't likely to open until mid July here. I would take all of that and wear a mask if we could only get there.

Apparently there is more news to come on Friday. I think it will be around gathering numbers. Maybe we will get bumped from 5 to 10?

Ironically, I am now hoping I can work from home at least part time this summer. We are getting a new deck and we are putting up our Intex pool.

I just read about the medical professional in NB who traveled to Quebec and contracted the virus and didn't self isolate upon return. They treated patients for TWO WEEKS! Now Campbellton region has 5 cases and the Premier bumped them back to the orange phase.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/covid-19-campbellton-nursing-home-daycare-1.5586356

I was just coming to share this. Its actually only 3 cases - so far - but oh well. This is pathetic. The premiere said they are investigating the details and charges may be laid. As they darn well should be. And they should also be fired.

No hairdressers in Ontario until July? Maybe I will cut my own hair before then... it is so hot and I miss my short hair! Shaved head, it will grow back right? Not the most important thing in the world. Just the one bugging me.

Not a guarantee that's just what I read in their initial opening plan. Things are changing all the time. If they don't open until mid July it could be mid August before I can get an appointment :(

I was just coming to share this. Its actually only 3 cases - so far - but oh well.

Oh I think I read that part of the article wrong.

Premier Blaine Higgs lashed out Wednesday at the "irresponsible" medical professional in the Campbellton region who contracted COVID-19 outside the province and is responsible for two other confirmed cases in the region, forcing that part of the province back into the orange phase of recovery.
Public Health officials are still contact tracing, but chief medical officer of health Dr. Jennifer Russell said she's concerned there has already been "significant contact" with the three active cases and more cases will emerge in the days ahead.

The other two cases include a person in their 90s and a child who attended two daycares.

So did the medical professional infect the child and 90 YO?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!