• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PS timing question for Ohana's

CadiesMom

Mouseketeer
Help! I have set up all our PS's for our trip 11/26-12/3. We are excited to kick off our trip with dinner at O'hanas on 11/26. I secured a PS for 7:40, but am now wondering if it is to early? We would love to request a window seat so that we can catch Wishes which is at 9:00. Have I made this PS to early? Should I change it to a little later or should we just try to watch it from the beach? Any experts with good suggestions for me? We are excited to try this resteraunt based on all the wonderful things I have read about it on these boards! Thanks for your help!

I just watched the fireworks from Ohana on Monday night...

We had PS at 6:30 but didn't get there until 7 - we were just finishing up at 8 when the fireworks started. They seemed to give all the people with PSs the window tables, but everyone from the restaurant crowded in anyway. Which caused some not-so-pleasant words to be said by some tables!

If I were you, I'd just take your time or show up a bit late. They'll still take you!

If I were you, I'd make a PS for 8 if Wishes is at 9. They do ask that you be there 5 minutes prior, and being late can mean they've cancelled your PS altogether.
We saw Wishes last week from O'Hana. Had a PS for 7:20 for 8PM Wishes (there's just the 2 of us). Got there at 7:15, LOTS of people waiting and we didn't get seated until 7:35. Had the most perfect window seat looking directly at the MK and castle. Wishes was delayed 10 minutes but we weren't even finished dinner yet. Although all tables were taken, no one crowded to the windows to see.

Being the day after a holiday I would say your timing is very good. It is very possible, and I'll go so far as to say likely, depending on your group size, that you'll be seated after your PS time. You can always linger over dessert (be it from the menu or pineapples with caramel) to enjoy the show.

I'm thinking along the same lines as ahutton. Being the day after Thanksgiving, crowds will be higher than average & you may wait a bit to be seated, even with PS - We waited 20 min. with a PS for a party of 4 last time we ate there in Aug.

Thank you all for the suggestions! I think I will leave the PS for 7:40 and just hope for a wait (thats the first time we have ever hoped for a little wait, lots of laughs)! Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter