PSA: Please, don’t stop in the middle of a walkway in the parks.

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by ELLH, Dec 5, 2018.

1. chris benton

chris benton DIS Veteran

Ummm...nope. It's the same iphone they've had for two years.

(I kid.)

2. Wubar

Wubar Stop asking about "worth". Totally subjective.

Definitely annoying and rude when people do that. Much like fanily groups that insist on walking single file across the walk, spanning the entire width of the sidewalk. As if they couldn't walk 2 behind 2, etc etc....

Just saw your post Tinkerbell58! Preach.

DoryGirl1963 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Queen of the WDW Scene

Queen of the WDW Scene It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.

Single file would mean they are one behind another whiich is how we'd like them to walk.
    You mean they walk several people abreast.
    Yes that is annoying especially if you are in a group of only 2 yourself and you have to walk single file because a group of 10 walks abreast.
    I am well aware of my surroundings and by the end of the day I am tired of having to move in front of or behind my sister to avoid people ramming into me so I start letting it happen and somehow they act like its my fault. I just stop caring and eventually people start paying better attention that I am NOT moving so they better or we are running into each other.
    I've been in the parks with a group as large as 14 and we didn't try to take over the walkways.

Victoria3 likes this.
  5. JFox

JFox Mouseketeer

Does this also include setting up your double wide stroller as soon as you step off the monorail/bus?

OR

Walking on the Right (as in right/left not wright/wrong) side of the walkway. It is typical for pedestrian traffic.

SteveH and DoryGirl1963 like this.
  6. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

Not to get too far off topic, but in this case, I think this goes back to the man not being aware of his surroundings. I mean, he knows he's on a crowded bus with people in close proximity and he knows he's hauling a big stroller with a big backpack on. For me, it would be natural to be mindful of this while on the bus. People have to take some accountability when they are not paying attention.

YES to both of these! As for walking to the right, I think some of the international visitors may not be used to this. I have a higher tolerance for it with those guests.

DoryGirl1963 likes this.
  7. Huff

Huff DIS Veteran

Entire families stopping right at the narrow exit of a ride making it difficult for others to exit back into the park.
    People stopping at the gate MB scanners to talk with the CM about rides and restaurants thus holding up the line.

DoryGirl1963 likes this.
  8. Sarahraegraham

Sarahraegraham Mouseketeer

Also remember those of us on wheels. When you just stop, we have to pull off the handle to stop ourselves, and scooters do not stop immediately, so there’s a good possibility my basket will bump you. Also, if I have to stop quickly, the people walking (or driving) behind me will likely bump ME, which may in turn cause me to bump you (perhaps again).

Victoria3 likes this.
  9. SteveH

SteveH Earning my Mai Tai

Rant on brother, no complaints from me about the rant.

And yet you decided to reply... just sayin' ;)

Just like when driving, the person behind his responsible to give enough space. But I hear ya.

10. Sarahraegraham

Sarahraegraham Mouseketeer

Yup, I agree, but the second I give enough space, someone steps in front of me. Repeat ad nauseum. All day everyday *sigh*

SteveH likes this.
  11. JFox

JFox Mouseketeer

I'd like to also add, don't have a cow when I get in line on the other side of the register and bypass the single sided line. There are 2 lines people. Use them.