PSA- San Angel Inn Margarita is a new drink

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Just saw the menu change. Rose wine? Whiskey? And I’m not a tequila expert but a quick google search says they went from a $60/bottle tequila to a $28/bottle tequila. Guess that’s why they need the whiskey and rose wine.

It sounds silly being sad about a drink but this was one of my top 3 WDW drinks…

ETA: not too sad, turns out the old marg still exists (and has for some time) at La Cava as Dragones Top Shelf! Guess this more a PSA for the restaurant 🤣

Last edited:
Why do they keep trying to sneak whiskey into margaritas? 🤮 They've been doing this for years now (including La Cava).

It's likely that the agave shortage in Mexico over the last 6 months of 2023 had an impact on tequila imports and availability, as well as tequila prices, so they could be trying to introduce other cocktail mix bases into the menu to compensate.

They have been adding whiskey to Margaritas for years - had a great one at F&W a few years ago that had a Mexican corn whisky in it.

It's likely that the agave shortage in Mexico over the last 6 months of 2023 had an impact on tequila imports and availability, as well as tequila prices, so they could be trying to introduce other cocktail mix bases into the menu to compensate.
More like they're getting kickbacks from Abasolo and Ancho Reyes, which also appears in an oddly high number of drinks there.

ETA: not too sad, turns out the old marg still exists (and has for some time) at La Cava as Dragones Top Shelf! Guess this more a PSA for the restaurant 🤣

I should have known…Dragones Top Shelf is my go to at Cava. My PSA: If you order while holding a wad of cash you have a slim chance of them making it from scratch like the old days… and a moderate chance of getting a little extra splash on top of the pre-made batch. 😂😇

Things we do for a good margarita on property….

More like they're getting kickbacks from Abasolo and Ancho Reyes, which also appears in an oddly high number of drinks there.
Ancho Reyes is very trendy everywhere right now. Everybody loves a spicy marg...except me. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter